Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Grill/smoker: favorite thing to cookout

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
February 27, 2015 at 10:28am
76 Comments

Going this weekend to get a new propane grill, after my old one quit working in November.  The weather is going to get nicer soon, and I've got a huge hankering for a cookout.

if I have time, and the weather is above 35,  I usually use a charcoal grill with a side attached smoker section, but when I don't have time to do the charcoal prep and slow cook, I rely on a propane grill.  For me, a charcoal cookout normally takes over an hour to do, by the time you get your temps right and put the food on.  After work or when I don't want to be spending a lot of time hanging outside around the grill (15 degrees outside), propane's quickness is optimal. Charcoal is also more expensive, than the propane grill.

I love to make barbequechicken, beer brats, corn on the cob, and ribeye steaks when cooking out.  

What is your favorite thing to make during a cookout? Propane, wood or charcoal?  Any recipes would also be nice.  I've got cookout fever.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 76 Comments