Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Totally nerding out and don't mind confessing it.

0 HS
Rob Reese's picture
February 22, 2015 at 11:56pm
85 Comments

So, I've a couple of young nephews (7 and 9 years old) who've been begging their cool uncle (that's me) to teach them to play Dungeons & Dragons. And yes. THE Dungeons & Dragons.  I've never played. Like, ever. 

Soo, I went out, purchased the Starter Set a few weeks ago and have spent the last 4-5 evenings either on here or studying the rulebook and watching YouTube videos. I do mean studying, too; this is kind of intense stuff and a lot of it. But here's my confession; OMG DOES THIS LOOK FUN.  Seriously, I'm chomping (no pun intended) at the bit to play already.

I'm admittedly 30 years too late for "D&D" to hitch on during it's apparent glory days but I don't care.  I can't wait for my elf ranger to slay your dwarf fighter and walk away with a +2 Sword of Goblin Cleaving.  

I'm going to ride this baby to the extreme, I can already feel it.  I might even do some gaming at some of the local universities once I figure out what the hell I'm doing.  My fiancee is already poking fun at me and offering to buy me a pocket protector. 

Any other nerds out there?  

Nerding it up, yo

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 85 Comments