Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Dinner food

0 HS
Nuthead77's picture
February 22, 2015 at 8:02pm
39 Comments

I liked the breafast thread so let's do a dinner one.  What is all the other 11w's having?  Tonight I'm having nuthead77's beef tips and gravy.

Started out with a 2.5lb Spencer roast from Giant Eagle.  Perhaps this meal should be in honor of Evan.  Cubed it up into 1" cubes and trimmed the fat.  Marinated in red wine vinegar and salt.  It really tenderizes the meat and the red wine gives a flavor boost while the vinegar cooks off.  Carmalized a sweet onion and then seared the beef tips in a separate pan in a couple tablespoons of peanut oil after a good wash.  Turned it to low and combined the onions.  Let it simmer on low for 5 hours.  I'll mix up two packets of mccormicks brown gravy with water as per directions, add it to the meat, and boil to thicken.  Lastly it will get poured over extra wide Inn Maid egg noodles (buttered with kerrygold) because I'm too lazy to do homemade noodles tonight.  It will be served with some locally produced Sister Shuberts yeast rolls.  Yum.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments