Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Sequels Better Than the Original

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
February 21, 2015 at 10:15pm
139 Comments

Usually sequels never quite match the original. In some cases they do a decent job of continuing a good story, Back to the Future comes to mind, in other cases they are so bad they are laughable, Jaws sequels come to mind.

What sequels do you like better then the original?

Here are a few of mine in no particular order...

1) The Expendables 2 - over the top, tongue in cheek, action at it's silliness

2) Grumpier Old Men - I never thought a sixty something Sophia Loren could out hot a fifty something Ann-Margret, but ooh la la.

3) Meet the Fockers - The Streisand/Hoffman couple are hilarious and I want Di Niro's RV

4) Christmas Vacation - Vacation was good, the other two were crap, but Christmas Vacation is a classic

5) The Return of the Pink Panther - This 1975 entry is the 4th in this series and my favorite. I love Steve Martin, but, uh, no!

6) The Bourne Trilogy - IMO each one of these gets better. I have not seen The Bourne Legacy yet.

7) The Dark Knight - I am a Nolan over Burton dude and this was the best entry IMO.

These next 5 are darn close, but I can't pull the trigger...Godfather Pt II, Rocky 2, The Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 139 Comments