Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Reality Shows

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
February 17, 2015 at 12:51pm
35 Comments

More off season fluff...

Watching reality shows is like shopping at Wal-Mart, or eating at McDonalds, nobody does it. Most people hate to admit they watch reality shows. There are so many stupid ones and for many years I only watched a couple. But when I thought of this topic I realized what a reality whore I have turned into. Here is my top 10 - 

1) Top Chef - I love this show since the beginning and Padma strutting around doesn't hurt.

2) Dancing With The Stars - Uhhh, I don't dance, other then a slow dance at weddings, I have no intention of learning to dance, but that is not the reason why most men watch this show.

3) Hell's Kitchen - I wouldn't hire these "chefs" if I were a manager at Denny's, but it is like watching a train wreck. One day Gordon will just start spittin', pop a vein in his forehead, and keel over dead.

4) American Idol - My wife and I tuned into the last episode of season one and watched Kelly Clarkson win. We never missed an episode after that until after season 11 when Phillip Phillips won. We finally retired, not the same since Simon left.

5) Duck Dynasty- I know it is sort of scripted, but I love these guys, especially Jase. One of the more wholesome shows on TV from a reality show standpoint.

6) The Next Food Network Star -  I told my wife on the first episode of season two that Guy Fieri was going to win and be a star on Food Network. Good show, but like Idol, not too many winners make it big.

7) Naked and Afraid - I couldn't believe this existed when someone told me about it, but it really is a pretty cool show about surviving and two strangers getting along in a stressful environment.

8) America's Got Talent - The judges make this show fun to watch. I started watching this again a couple years ago and I am impressed with Howard Stern, who I always loathed for the filth he promoted, but he is excellent as a judge on this show.

9) Alaskan Bush People- I can't help it. I know this show is somewhat fake, but this family is addicting. I love it when they go in to town to try and meet woman.

10) Master Chef - another food show with Gordon Ramsey. I watch most of the food reality shows, Top Chef Masters, The Next Iron Chef, Kitchen Nightmares, etc. I love to cook and my wife and I are both good at it.

What are some of your favorites, or maybe what are some of the ones you hate (I imagine my list has a few hated ones on it)?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments