Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Your Favorite Hollywood Remakes

0 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture
January 28, 2015 at 2:14pm
50 Comments

So, the Ghostbusters thread got me thinking. Are there any good Hollywood remakes? So, what the hell, the off-season is dark and full of terrors. Here's my list:

1. The Fly - David Cronenberg. In my book, the only movie on the list which is simply better than the original. When the movie's over I'm always happy for my human flesh.
    The Fly

2. The Thing - John Carpenter. One of the movies that I'll watch any time it's on TV. Carpenter takes Hawk's cheesy broccoli man, and turns it into an amorphous terror that lurks in us all. Also one of the greatest scenes in any horror movie ever. 
    The Thing
  3. True Grit - The Coen Brothers. Still like John Wayne better, but the Dude does a pretty good job as the one-eyed fat man.
    True Grit

4. Scarface - Brian DePalma. The second Howard Hawks remake on my list. It helps if you start with something good. Probably the one that looks the least like its source material, but still recognizable as a story of the rise and fall of a gangster.
    Say hello to my little friend!

5. Cape Fear - Martin Scorsese. Robert DeNiro is a bad man. 

Do not let this man date your daughter

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments