Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Buckeye Football Withdrawal

0 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture
January 22, 2015 at 10:29am
18 Comments

These past two weeks, I've been enduring the worst case of Buckeye Football Withdrawal of my life. The symptoms of this syndrome include: restlessness, boredom, flashbacks, and irritability. I watch replays of the Sugar Bowl and National Championship Game, but they are no substitute for live football. 

Usually, at this time of the year, I shift my attention to Buckeye basketball to compensate for the lack of football. But, this season, the drop off from the intoxicating heights of Twelve Gauge Glory to basketball mediocrity has been very blunt. Two weeks ago, it was like we were cruising around in Jay Z's limo, watching the revitalized Silver Bullets on plasma t.v.s while sipping premium Champagne and smoking upgraded Cuban cigars, and now we're watching Eldon Miller on grandma's black and white television while clutching cans of Faygo Root Beer. What makes it even worse is that we got spoiled by Thad's amazing run between 2006/07 and 2012/13.       

And now I'm really about to lose my s--- because every time I tune into espn or satellite radio, the silly media hacks keep droning on and on about this phony manufactured "shrinkage" scandal. For crying out loud, the Patriots beat the Colts like 65-7 and LaGarrette Blount ran for, what?, 200 yards on 'em!

Of course, now that one of the best seasons in college football history is over - and Cardale ended all the speculations of how high he might be drafted in the 2015 NFL draft - the sports media landscape this week is such a barren wasteland . . .  Can we really blame the media for being so desperate?

How are you holding up?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments