Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Let's Make Some OSU Jello

0 HS
GoBucks10's picture
January 11, 2015 at 8:09pm
15 Comments

Good evening/afternoon/morning to Buckeyes everywhere.  We now stand approximately 24 hours from the College Football National Championship Game.  While I do not have a seared duck prepared, I did make use of the Ohio State Jell-O molds given to me over Christmas:

Jello

While initially skeptical, I went to town making a batch of Scarlet to start with.  Recipe, below:

Recipe

I started off by doubling the quantities to make a full 2 dozen jigglers (Please, 11W, don't send me to jail for Jell-o jigglers).  The shots below show starting off with the Jell-O mix and the Jell-O Ohio State molds.  Notice my AWESOME Ohio State paper towels.

Mix It
Molds

In goes the boiling water to mix it all together.

Mix It Real Good

For those looking to make these, I recommend mixing with a whisk, but finishing the mixing with a spatula to get rid of the bubbles.  After some careful pouring, the molds were ready to hit the fridge.  And eventually land on my phenomenal Ohio State serving plate.

Poured
Get Served

After a 3 hour chill, the Jell-O was ready, and dang are they awesome (delicious too)!

Finished!

So after this great success, it got me thinking that you can't have Ohio State with out Scarlet AND Gray.  So after a quick run to the local Kroger, I returned with 2 Grape & 1 Lime Jell-O package along with some evaporated milk.  This glorious combination produces (I kid you not) GRAY JIGGLERS!  You'll notice, below, that I didn't fill the molds completely because my next plan is to use one of my remaining red packages to produce a bottom layer of scarlet.  I don't yet have a picture of the finished product since the gray ones are still cooling, but I'll update later.

Get Your Gray On
Gray Goes Down

So hopefully you enjoyed my Jell-O Buckeye escapade.  I am SO WIRED for this game it cannot get here soon enough.  I plan to go into work with my regular Buckeye Gameday Paraphernalia and watch the hours tick-down until game time.  Let's Go Buckeyes!  Get this Championship!

In old Ohio there's a team 
That's known throughout the land 
ELEVEN WARRIORS brave and bold, 
Whose fame will ever stand. 
And when the ball goes over, 
Our cheers will reach the sky, 
Ohio Field will hear again 
The Buckeye Battle Cry!  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments