Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Being a Buckeye in Michigan

0 HS
buckeyehub's picture
December 4, 2014 at 8:39pm
25 Comments

Yes, I live in Michigan.  It's never been that hard to be a buckeye fan in Michigan. During my lifetime (18, almost 19 years), the Buckeyes have pretty much dominated the team up here. 

Yesterday though, I was at my work. I work at a golf course banquet center, so I deal with a lot of people during each event. Usually when I hear someone talking about the team up here, and i'm waiting on them or clearing their place setting, I tend to sneak in a little "Go Bucks" always causing a little laughter, in good fun. Back to yesterday. A lady was with a small group looking at the room, figuring things out for her upcoming event. I was wearing my Ohio State hoodie, and she decided to ask me "Oh, you don't have to cover that up while you're here?" I didn't really think about my answer to that at the time, but looking back at it, I laughed. I decided to respond with "Nope." I went with a sly approach without thinking about it, and should I say, a bit of a sassy tone. Like her words meant nothing to me. She responded to me with "We'll I guess not this year." And after that, I chuckled and said "Or the last decade." I then proceeded to smile, turn around and walk out of the room with my head held high. I don't know what her expression was, but I'd like to imagine whatever it was, it was priceless.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments