Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Wedding Ruining TWO Fall Saturdays

0 HS
DoubleB's picture
October 20, 2014 at 12:25pm
48 Comments

Need to vent to a group that get's it.

I have a family wedding interfering with not only the Illinois game but also the MSU game. So I'm missing TWO football Saturdays for this one wedding. My wife's cousin is getting married in SoCal. Her family decided to spend a week out there, make a vacation of it, which I’m all for. One catch, we’re going Saturday to Saturday. We're flying out there Nov 1st, we should be landed and to the house before kickoff vs Illinois, so assuming they get the game we have potential of watching it. We have to fly back Nov 8th and will be in the air during the MSU game. This one kills me. Going to record it and TRY to avoid any game updates before watching it Sunday. To top it all off, this is a bit of a destination wedding, bride is from SoCal, groom (my wife’s cousin) is from Indiana. They are having a separate reception for those who can’t / don’t make the trip Nov 22 during the Indiana game. And we’re apparently expected to go. Since when do I have to give up 3 precious fall Saturday’s to ONE wedding? Killing me.

tl; dr – One wedding killing 3 football Saturdays, Illinois, MSU, and Indiana.

</rant>

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments