Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Captain Goes Out Shining

0 HS
PlanningBuck12's picture
September 26, 2014 at 8:18am
35 Comments

I cannot stand the Yankees, it may be the fact that they have 27 World Titles and my team the Cleveland Indians only have two. But I am a big supporter of Columbus sports and in that I have to include the Columbus Clippers. As a child growing up in Lancaster my folks would bring me to Clipper games back when it was at The Coop and the they were the farm team of the Yankees. Columbus was spoiled for years as big league talent came through its doors in Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter. The like of which got their starts off of I-70. Watching last night as he ended his career at home with a walk-off game winning hit you could not be happy for the guy. Even if the man went to That School Up North, and plays for the Yankees. He is an amazing talent and is a for sure lock to be in Cooperstown some day.  

I just thought I'd get other 11W on some of their experience and who they go to see get their major league starts either with the Clippers, or another farm team that came to town. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments