Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Little 10

0 HS
d1145fresh's picture
September 17, 2014 at 8:45am
22 Comments

BYE WEEK BOREDOM POST

Just thought I would get that out of the way from the get-go. So after reading the Purdon't post yesterday about how they suck and I know we have discussed the idea of relegation in college football half jokingly but what are your thoughts on this idea:

The B1G and the MAC join forces. Similar to relegation, every two years the bottom two B1G teams and top two MAC teams switch places. However the relationship doesn't just end there. The big issue is money for these schools. So the B1G Network would have a contract in which it can show the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night Maction games and a percentage of the money the schools make is sent back to the MAC. Plus, outside of the two OOC games saved for big conference games, the third OOC game is played against a MAC school.

This idea also works for basketball as now the B1G network can show some MAC games which generally could use some more exposure on TV. More games on the B1G Network means more money for everyone else. The profits of the B1G network (which are huge) would be split something like 70/30 between the schools in the B1G and the MAC schools.  Plus you are putting out a better product on the field.

Anyways. I'm bored at work so what are your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments