Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Janay Rice...

0 HS
ponder10's picture
September 10, 2014 at 12:46pm
31 Comments

I posted this in another thread, but, seriously, I feel it deserves it's own posting.

How stupid Ray Rice's wife is with her comments?

Blaming the media for making her re-live the incident. Boo Hoo! Listen lady, you have to re-live the incident every time you guys have an argument and he gets mad. Dont blame the media for that!

Second, he punched you in a public place. If you're going to marry someone who beats women maybe you should insist that he doest knock your ass out in public, only behind closed doors. The fact that he elected to Chuck Lidell your ass in public (I was going to say Mayweather but he doesnt knock anyone out) makes this a public incident and everyone has the right to see it.

The whole comment by Janay Rice, in my mind, is just another way for her to take the blame. It seems as if her misguided anger at the media is only veiled anger at herself and her husband. There are still portions of this society that shame women for being raped (what were you wearing, were you drinking, etc), that shame women for getting beat (what did you do to provoke it - Stephen A Smith), that turn a blind eye to sexual assault on college campuses or in the military or at Stubenville High School.

Maybe, just maybe, Janay, this whole incident and the video coming to light will actually help women's issues which is far more important than harming your bank account.

Steps off soapbox.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments