Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Pizza

Byaaaahhh's picture
August 19, 2014 at 12:23pm
65 Comments

Alright, I was against the hot-n-ready threads, but there are just too many JT/Braxton "Season over"/"I believe in JT" topics. 

I have a Little Caesar's just down the street from me and could have a hot-n-ready in less than 5 minutes, but instead, I'm gonna make some pizza today. Pesto and portabello. Will post pics if I remember. Will also try not to eat myself to shame and shame-eat even more as a result.

truf.

Byaaaahhh's picture
+4 HS
bukyze's picture

Damn that looks good.

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Ill need to see your finished product for comparisons sake

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

We used a better dough recipe and cooked it with a skillet instead of the oven to get a crispier and charred crust. Not the most beautiful pizza, but its flavor was a symphony. 

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Looks pretty damn good to me

UFM_Renewal

1MechEng's picture

Nah. Go for the deep dish pie ..

Deeeeep dish pizza ...
+7 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I want that inside of me

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

I want that inside of me

Things my girlfriend's never said to me for $500, Alex. 

;'(

+12 HS
Urbz4President's picture

Can we discuss Pequods in Chicago, please? That caramelized crust GOOD LAWD.

gumtape's picture

I know what pizza not to get, I had domino's last week and it was shit, even worse than the Brandon era crap. I did not order it, a friend brought it over.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I actually like Dominos as of late. Sauce is meh but overall way better than before.

+1 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

It's pretty difficult to screw up pizza but Domino's figure out how. 

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

It's pretty difficult to screw up pizza but Domino's figure out how. 

And then they tell you about it in a commercial like its something to brag about!

I wish they would go ahead and become extinct already. 

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

AirForceNUT's picture

Rumor has it, is that Dominos is based out of Ann Arbor so could you expect anything different that whorish garbage?

Edit: I found that the headquarters is located in the whore. - per Wikipedia.

RubixTube's picture

Best in the midwest....this man's opinion.

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Is that from a restaurant? Because if it is I'm going there as soon as I figure out where it is and I'm never leaving.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

Pretty sure that's Donato's

+1 HS
RubixTube's picture

That would be The Ultimate from a wonderful place in my hometown known as Gahanna Pizza Plus.  The Gahanna store is strictly carry-out/delivery (likely to prevent live-in's like Pitt), but Bexley Pizza Plus remodeled a few years ago & added a dining room.

I saw one of the (franchise) owner on Travel Channel one time a few years back on a team representing the USA at the World Pizza Championships.  The pie pictured above was the USA's highest scorer. 

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

buck i's picture

I feel like eating some Papa John's at the moment. 

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Oh to know his thoughts at the time.

sox33osu's picture

"Even cold this isn't too bad..."

+2 HS
Earle's picture

"Why didn't we just give the freakin' ball to Carlos?"

Just say no to italics abuse.

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I know that's what I was thinking.

southbay's picture

I've seen Urban eating pizza after a road game that the Buckeyes won easily.  There are only so many ways to feed a football team that is hurrying to get out of Dodge.  Why was that image used to mock one of the best Head Coaches in the business?  Still pisses me off.  

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Sounds like a good idea.  I could use a little comfort eating myself...

Class of 2010.

WolverineKiller's picture

I could really use some Marions right now.

Just Win.

+1 HS
NObuck-I-inTEAM's picture

Could really use some PizzaPapalis right now.  Used to live across the street from one.  Most delicious deep dish pizza I have ever had.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Are you making your own crust or using a mix?  I have found that cake flour works well and provides a crispy crust.

Earle's picture

I lost my appetite last night and still haven't gotten it back.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

If I have told you once, I have told you a hundred times, THROW THE PICTURE OF ANDY VANCE AWAY!

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

There's a place in Newark called Park Pizza that's absolutely amazing... Just had some for lunch.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Oyster's picture

It used to be that the same guy owned Park, Plaza and Pizza Villa.  Not sure if it is still though.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

As far as I know, they still own Park and Plaza... I didn't know anything about Pizza Villa. Where's that?

Oyster's picture

Pizza Villa burned down many, many years ago.  It was on W Church St where the Duke station is now (SR 16 underpass/Country Club Dr).  It took out a florists shop and a carry out with it.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Oh gotcha... I didn't know that. Might have been before my time. City Barbeque is a decent replacement.

Oyster's picture

I was a Petroleum Dispensing Engineer Technician when the Duke station was closer to the river and the pizza shop was still there.

jeremytwoface's picture

That's cool... 

I work close to there so that would have been perfect for me. A Michael's pizza just opened right by there which has pretty good pies... That is their second location. Their first was in Jacksontown which is around where I grew up.

jeremytwoface's picture

Yes sir.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Is that a fancy way of saying "guy who pumps the gas for minimum wage"?

Oyster's picture

Maybe.  But it looked pretty darn impressive on a job application when I was 18!  HA!

GreatLakesMike's picture

Where at in Newark? I still venture over that way from time to time. 

jeremytwoface's picture

It's on Union street right when you're coming from Heath into Newark. Right off 79

Sin City Buckeye's picture

I am still looking for a place here in Vegas that can match Park, Plaza, Louies (Subs), Don & Sues, and my ol' buddies Two Guys Pizza , that he ran in the mid 80's. I have tried, but there is none here that can hold a candle to them. My wife just perfected Louies Subs so we stopped looking for a good sub out here. Damn I miss that!!!

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

BED's picture
NAILED IT!

NAILED IT

The Ohio State University, College of Arts & Sciences, Class of 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Class of 2009

PittBuckeye's picture

There's still a solid personal pan pizza left in there somewhere.

+2 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but not in your mouth. 

Toolface4's picture

This reminded me that I left my leftover Chinese in the trunk of my car last night. Went to the whitesox game and that was my pregame meal, put it in the trunk so it wouldn't stink up the car. Afraid of what it smells like after 15 hours....

sox33osu's picture

Luckily Chicago doesn't get hot in August.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I knew you would show up in the is thread...

sox33osu's picture

That wasn't my first post. I'm going to be on this thread like flies on shit. In fact, I may take a break to get lunch and come back.

Oyster's picture

Hot and Ready by chance?

Oyster's picture

So the guilt is still following you I see.

-2 HS
sox33osu's picture

Nah, that last post was BS. They're still a great deal.

Toolface4's picture

And to get back on topic the best pizza in the world is Rosangelas - Evergreen Park, IL

toad1204's picture

Just give me a freaking Buckeye from Adriaticos, why F around with it.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+3 HS
apack614's picture

Kingy's - Canal Winchester, OH

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
RBuck's picture

I think Kingy's product has gone downhill the last few years. Still the best bet in the area now...but not for long. A Masseys is going in where Butch's was.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

MichaelJ721984's picture

Kraus' in Massillon. God bless America I love that pizza. 

+2 HS
BuckNut51's picture

That stuff is amazing. My girlfriend lives in Navarre and raved about it, I was skeptical of course, but to my surprise BAM!....awesomeness. 

Whoa Nellie's picture

Grew up on it.  Still love it. 

Made pizza at home tonight that may have been the best ever.  Homemade crust with herb flavored olive oil (garlic, scallions, thyme, salt/pepper), roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and provolone, prosciutto and topped with arugula dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  Sorry -- devoured before a picture could be snapped.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

BassDropper's picture

Donatos

Giovanni's (Southern Ohio/West Virginia is the only place I have seen it)

Late Night Slice

Hounddogs

Papa Johns

DIRECTIONER

mh277907's picture

Jan and Tony's out in Plain City is pretty baller.

buckeyebobcat