Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

No Type of Love

apack614's picture
August 15, 2014 at 9:13am
17 Comments

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/2465888...

Doesn't even have Braxton Miller winning the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year stating "Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State. This became clear when Braxton Miller said he wasn't going to run as much"

CBS seems to have a boat load of confidence in the revival attempt of Penn State. They will be better IMO but I don't think they will be anywhere close to the old Penn State this year. In years to come only time can tell.

Hovenaut's picture

Not a vote for Hackenberg here (he's still a friggin' soph), but I can - can, I say - see where CBS' logic comes from by pointing out Brax may not be running as much.

Hell, I'd thrown Connor Cook in there if folks want to consider yet another QB, based on their point of view.

I think CBS is just throwing out that edgy, bold prediction there.

I like their pick for conference coach of the year - wouldn't mind seeing an OSU coach win that outright.

Ultimately, give me a team award...I can learn to live without any individual hardware if it comes down to it.

Hate Week runneth over

+1 HS
apack614's picture

I agree completely, I really don't care about the whole scenario as long as we do well as a team.

I also agree with the Connor Cook statement, but I honestly believe Braxton will be a even better passer this year on top of the fantastic year he had last year.

If were talking passers, honestly I'd say him and Taylor Martinez were the 2 best last year in the B1G. 

Definately a bold prediction by CBS

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I think Braxton will be very productive passing the ball, should he distribute the ball (and I don't think Tom Herman lets us down there). The Buckeyes are going to make the short passing game count.

Ohio State has about as much talent at the skill spots as any team in the country. If number 5 finds his rhythm and starts connecting consistently, he's going to garner legitimate qb cred.

Troy Smith did it eight years ago, why not Braxton?

Hate Week runneth over

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Yeah, that's is exactly what I thought about was the transition for Troy Smith.

It is almost the same situation, from a "run for your life" QB to a "NFL pocket passer"

And I also expect the short pass game to be exemplary this year! Time will tell...

My buck's picture

I agree. We must utilize our talent with a vicious short passing game. Look how much success others had against us, with nowhere near the talent level(Sammy Watkins not withstanding), that we have this year. If we get "clicking", it could get downright ridiculous... Fingers crossed!

+1 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

I think that 11W should start a concerted campaign to call out all of this malarkey that gets spewed every pre-season. Each skull session in the offseason could have a mocking post on the horrible inaccuracy of pre-season predictions. "Pundits" could be ranked on how correct/incorrect they were.

Hovenaut's picture

It's all fodder, I leave it the rear view mirror one the season starts.

Hate Week runneth over

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

What a joke . We all know who the best quarterback in the big ten is. The same guy who has been the best for the past 2 years. 

clogan1032's picture

Not sure you can say no love, plenty of the CBS analyst picked MIller as POY and Urbam as COY, and 4 of 6 had OSU winning the B1G and the other 2 picked MSU.  Now, Dennis Dodd on the other hand looks like he may have took crazy pills.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Yeah, I don't actually mean no love haha just something catchy so people would read it. Go Bucks!

highwire's picture

Ah, the tmz method.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

To a T my friend!

KingsRite's picture

OSU isn't getting a ton of Love nationally but what is new. Haters gonna Hate.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

I thought Braxton said it tongue-in-cheek....like every year he says he's going to run less and then he ends up running too much

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

allinosu's picture

The BTN panel was just asked which three players league wide are most indispensable to their team. Hackenburg and Cook were the number ones. No Braxton in either top three. So either they don't feel Braxton is that important or a complement to the backups and the rest of our team.

THE's picture

No, the Cavs are getting Love. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+5 HS
apack614's picture

Well played Sir!