Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Recruit Calls Out Urban Meyer

Sebastian's picture
August 14, 2014 at 4:03pm
30 Comments

The Ohio State football coach has been challenged by 2015 dual-threat quarterback Joe Burrow, a Buckeyes’ commit, in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a trend aiming to raise money for research for Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Those challenged can either donate money to research and/or dump ice water on their head, and then challenge others to do the same.

VintonCountyBuck's picture

Like I said before..You guys are are going to love this kid.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+12 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Would Meyer or Coombs be funnier?

Hell Kerry probably does that every morning just for kicks...blank expression then explode into frigid hatred for water

UFM_Renewal

+10 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'm not sure you could get him to stand still long enough to do the challenge.

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

He only hates water when the kicker is taking a break.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+4 HS
Norwalk's picture

I don't think Coach Coombs would be bothered by the ice water...he's just too much.

rdubs's picture

If Coombs did this challenge I am pretty sure this would happen: 

+1 HS
buckskin's picture
+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I call out the Ohio State Dance Team. Your move, ladies.

buckeyebobcat

+25 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

White t-shirts only too.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Someone challenged Urban and the entire team, on tv yesterday morning.  I can't remember who it was, though.

Young_Turk's picture

Anybody know how ALS benefits?  Is it based on youtube advertising or does he take donations?  If it's based on Youtube plays, that OSU dance team idea has merit.

+1 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Its a marketing ploy, then people donate via their website.

Pretty brilliant idea too.

Here's more info:

http://www.alsa.org/news/archive/als-ice-bucket-challenge.html

+2 HS
THE's picture

Take the challenge OR make a donation. Nobody donates, everyone just dumps water on themselves. Tons of awareness but no dollars. 

What am I missing?

It is a terrible disease and I have seen a number of segments on it, including sportscenter yesterday. So the awareness is there and working.. and I hope for the cause that it is indeed generating dollars. 

Drivin > Disco > Drivin.
To the people in the bathroom, how's it going in there?

+1 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Everyone I know, including myself, dumped the water AND donated to the cause.

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

http://time.com/3111699/ice-bucket-challenge-als-donations/

The organization’s national office has received $5.5 million for Lou Gehrig’s disease research since July 29, compared to $32,000 in the same period last year.

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
THE's picture

That's awesome. Clearly then, awareness equates to dollars. With that being the case, then this campaign is a total grand slam. 

Drivin > Disco > Drivin.
To the people in the bathroom, how's it going in there?

TCOB_6's picture

The cold water challenge that was going around these parts was, donate $10 and take the water or donate $100 without the water.

PittBuckeye's picture

I think it'd be kinda cool to line the entire team up, coaching staff included and have them all do it at once. Make the news and support a good cause.

BuckeyeSouth's picture

Yeah, line them up in the shape of a Block O and have each player dump the bucket of water on the person in front of them.  An aerial view of that would be awesome!

Embrace it.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Urban Meyer will be doing this at Jerry's World after we win the National Title

LEBRON

+8 HS
luckynutz's picture

His daughter Gigi also challenged him and Shelley yesterday. Id say hes a bit busy currently...but I think he will do it. With all the pay it forward talk and the good that the program has been doing in the community, Id say its a no brainer he would.

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

The day 9Route accepts the challenge = Banner day for ALS. (Or Home Depot bucket sales) 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

9Route takes many different forms, you've probably already seen a couple videos of 9Route doing it, and just didn't know.

This thread might be a video of 9Route.

+2 HS
Habu71's picture

I truly underestimated him.

Hovenaut's picture

Whew.

I thought this was going to be a recruits and Twitter fire drill...

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

He's a winning coach. Only Gatorade is allowed to be dumped on him. Preferably after a big win!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

Tater_Schroeder's picture
Gatorade

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Well, ball is in your court, coach.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

whiskeyjuice's picture

Do it, c'mon, do it

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Brutus1972's picture

Urban and the coaches (except Coombs) would probably be displaying the look of shock while doing this but the players already soak almost fully emerged in ice water for recovery so I don't think that it would really bother them. I have a feeling Urban will soon be conducting this as a team event selling it to the players as a team building/bonding experience. Good Luck Guys, mandatory fun is on its way. lol