Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Craft Beer Thread

0 HS
Bluke221's picture
August 12, 2014 at 11:08pm
220 Comments

After doing a little searching I couldn't come up with any existing thread dedicated to the exploding craft beer craze. I have seen craft beer threads on other forums so I thought it would be cool if we could have something like that here at 11w. Just a place to share cool new beers that people have tried from all over the country or even the world. For those who are inclined, it might be nice to include a rating, say on a scale of 1 to 5 with .5 increments, for beers shared. If you wanted to get even further in depth you could offer ratings on aroma, pour, color, taste, etc.

I will start with a few of my favorites.

Two Hearted Ale from Bells - this is a pretty popular one in this part of the country and it is currently at the top of the list for me and a go to whenever I'm in the mood for a good IPA. 4.5/5

Derailed from Toxic Brew Company in Dayton, OH - had this for the first time over the weekend and immediately bought a growler of it. Has the nice bite of an IPA and packs a punch at over 8% abv. Definitely need to get my hands on more of this. 4.5/5

Ermals Cream Ale from Warped Wing in Dayton, OH - another local brewery here in Dayton that makes my favorite cream ale (though admittedly I just started getting into them). 4/5

Hopefully this is a thread we can keep going. I'd love to hear about other quality brews people are trying so I can give them a shot. If there is already something like this then maybe we can rekindle it. Cheers!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 220 Comments