Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

I would've eaten an entire Little Caesar's Hot-n-Ready tonight

sox33osu's picture
August 5, 2014 at 11:38pm
47 Comments

But they closed before I got there. I'm now at my house just sitting here watching Tosh and commiserating. Damnit.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

#1stWorldProblems - Although, I feel your pain.  

I'm sitting here drinking beer wishing I had pizza, but refusing to order it because I went to the gym tonight.....AND I already ate a healthy dinner (chicken, white rice, asparagus).  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

At this point, it's merely the principle. I worked out this AM and my lunch/dinner was a footlong Subway club w/ avocado and a small container of carrot sticks. I'm effing starving after I cleaned my house but they closed at 10:00, which is BS.

-1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Find a 24 hour grocery store and get a Red Barron or La Rosa's frozen pizza. Its not the best but it'll do.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Red Baron, Four Cheese. Easily eat that in one sitting.

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Unless you actually live in the Dayton area and can go to a La Rosa's in person, their frozen pizza's are amazing. I could get obese just thinking about eating them. Apparently they opened one up in Dublin though. I picked a bad time to go on a no carb diet :(

CHEAT DAY

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Soon you'll be able to stock up on MRE pizza ...

Good for three years!
+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Good for three years!

The pizza or the FreshPax?

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

MREs have a much longer shelf life than 3 years (you are lucky to get issued MREs younger than that), however the idea that they are ever "Good" is hilarious.

Oh how I miss my Minestrone Soup and Country Captain Chicken.  And by miss I mean, am thankful that I never have to eat it again.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

The shelf life depends upon storage temperature. At 80 degrees it is 36 months. Those numbers are conservative and an MRE will remain edible beyond that but the nutritional content begins to break down.

That being said those who have only been faced with the newer MRE menus have no idea just how spoiled they are.

Try living off 1st gen dehydrated pork/beef patties, beef diced w/gravy, ham & chicken loaf (yes both mixed together) and chicken freakin' a la king that had been sitting on MPS ships for the better part of a decade.

+1 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

Mmm constipation in a patty...

Can't go wrong with a pasta MRE though. 

The Legend continues

FitzBuck's picture

Hot pockets

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Caliente, pockets....

How Firm Thy Friendship

OSUStu's picture

Will it burn my mouth?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

And yet the middle will still be frozen

+1 HS

Oh it will destroy your mouth.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
Saw his stand up show twice - he and Brian Regan are my favorites - fluffy's also hilarious
+3 HS

+5 HS
Oyster's picture

A few weeks ago you posted the same thing, except it was that you ate one and felt ashamed?  Bi-Polar?

+2 HS

I was thinking the same thing. And where I come from, we endearingly refer to them as Hot-N-Nasties.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Thanks for the update. #FootballNeedsToGetHereNow

+5 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Thank god someone else felt the same way. Maybe it's just me but this year the off topic threads seem to be 10 times worse than the last few years. It seemed like at least a few years ago off topic threads were asking the same question about coordinators jobs and recruits but now it has seemed the iq level of these topics has taken a significant dip

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

That's because Jason banned 9Route and his merry band personalities.

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

I guess but still. 2 topics about eating or not eating a pizza. Unfortunately he's not breaking any rules but Jesus. 

sox33osu's picture

Actually this is #3.

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

To be fair-it's in the "anything else" forum, not Football, Recruiting, Basketball, etc.  If you didn't want to read it, then don't click on it.

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

By that logic, he should update us when he relieves his bowels too. It's not about where it's at, it's about the necessity of creating a forum topic.

Edit: Creating Off-Topic Land kind of stuff is fine. But just to update us on how you almost got a pizza just seems like a quick way to gain some helmet stickers and just comes off as unnecessary. But hey, Bucksfan did that with logo change so who knows...maybe this turns into a legendary thread (which is why you always click and read).

-1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Dude you can downvote the ever-loving hell out of me. I am not concerned about that. I made these threads for a laugh. 

Take the advice from the post above you and just don't click on it.

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Don't click on it doesn't work for a topic like this. 

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

it's exactly why I am not on myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever else is the new fad.  Everyone updates everyone else on everything.  Who cares?  I have a buddy who has conversations with his wife on facebook while they are at home together.  However, that's what those sites are there for, and I choose not to get on and read.  Doesn't mean they should stop posting.

If someone wants to post every time they wipe their butt, according to the policies on this site, they can as long as it's not with any toilet paper that bears a religious or political figure.  Just don't click on the post

-1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

That's what those sites are made for. 

Exactly. Notice how you didn't mention this site. It's fine for it to be a stupid question or a topic that generates some conversation but an update on what you didn't eat the other day could be posted on a Facebook or other networking site.

-1 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

I completely agree with Johnnykozmo and I don't do those sites either.  I have 2 sister-in-laws who put on their facebook pages what they are eating each and every night, along with a dearth of other unimportant crap.  Then they wonder why I never see the perhaps important stuff that one SHOULD be posting like new baby pics etc.  I just can't wade through all the junk, I have a goddamn life people.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

This conversation comes to mind as a potential forum topic, what do you think?

Oh man, Friday, I really wanted an egg salad sandwich and I was just obsessing about it and I was like, 'Man, I'm gonna make one of those.' So Saturday, I went out and got, like, a dozen eggs and then I boiled them all and I just, I spent, I dunno, probably three hours, like three and a half hours making, you know, the mayonnaise, and the onions and paprika and, you know, the necessary accoutrement. And then, by the time I was done, I didn't really feel like like eating it.

RenegadeBuckeye's picture

I use olive oil when I cook eggs. True story, bro.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Extra Virgin?

We like to add salsa to scrambled eggs.

sox33osu's picture

Egg whites + cinnamon 

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Sounds like a good kickstarter project.

ab1993's picture

i feel your pain ent-high-erly

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Travis's picture

I'm gonna make a pizza thread here before too long.

They need a 2 to tie, a 3 to win it; Sylvester for threeeee... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH WITH FIVE POINT ONE TO GO!!!

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I found a recipe for low carb pizza. I purchased all the ingredients. Tomorrow is my time to shine!

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Low carb pizza... delicious. I opted not to make a new post because I'm responsible.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

That looks fantastic Beane, would love if you'd send me the recipe. Very fresh.