Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

shout out

WezBuck28's picture
August 1, 2014 at 2:38pm
29 Comments

As I sit here watching the clock, patiently awaiting 3 o'clock, I thought I would see if any fellow 11W members were from my hometown of Coshocton? Most have Probly never heard of this small "Hick town" ...

jeremytwoface's picture

I'm from Newark so I know a little about Coshocton

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

When I was a kid back in the sixties I used to ride along with my father a few times a year hauling a load of batteries from Whitehall. I don't remember much of the town but I looked forward to the long ride.  

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Growing up I used to have a little crush on a girl from Coshocton that I met a summer camp in Indiana.

WezBuck28's picture

Did she have all of her teeth? If so, she may have been lying haha

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

She may have had summer teeth.

Squirrel Master's picture

did it go something like this,

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

-1 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

Being from New Phila, I can confirm that Coshocton is a real place - and yes it is a small hick town ha.

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

If you don't have a Cummins that's jacked up, you've got another make thats jacked up with Cummins stickers on it..

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Sidney, Ohio in the house here Yep Yep

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

TheAFBuckeye's picture

DeGraff.  Figured you might be the only one who knows where that is...

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

Buck Commander's picture

Oh Yeah also know Quincy too lol!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Roscoe Village

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

Just posting that reminded me that I grew up poor and our family vacations were always to free historical places in Ohio

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I'll be in Coshocton tomorrow for the canal boat and to visit Roscoe Village. It's a nice little day trip. 

+3 HS
WezBuck28's picture

U gotta stop in medberry market place for some ice cream in a waffle cone..u won't regret it!

The one pulled by a donkey? That was awesome

whiskeyjuice's picture

Are shoes required?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

-1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Its actually pulled by a team of draft horses..still a neat experience though!

+1 HS

Either I went to a different one or they've changed it since ~17 years ago

-1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Must have changed it..they use to pull it with a team of mules back in the day I believe..

Gobucks2204's picture

From Granville. Lived in Newark for awhile. I visited a small church in Warsaw, OH before which is real close to Coshocton.

-1 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

From Newark, my late grandparents used to camp at a campground next to a baseball field and river each summer in the 80's. Great memories, there. 

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

SOF_Buckeye's picture

Played football and ran track againts/at Coshocton. I'm from Cambridge, though I reside in NC now.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

I played football at coshocton, what was your graduation year?

-1 HS
GranvilleBuck's picture

Lake Park. Great place to camp and fish

GranvilleBuck's picture

Coshocton is a very nice town.

GranvilleBuck's picture

Mohawk Damn is another good fishing and camp spot. Nice smallmouth fishing.

hit_the_couch's picture

My mom used to date a guy from there. Every weekend we would go to that town. I would get bored, go outside and be able to walk almost the entire place in 2 hours, and often go over to the Big Wheel store and the Hardees

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!