Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Help, I need a sweater vest immediately!

SgtMdx's picture
July 29, 2014 at 10:01pm
39 Comments

My dad passed away yesterday after an 8 year battle with lung cancer and he wanted to be buried in his sweater vest. Unfortunately, his dog has destroyed it and I've checked online at Conrad's, Buckeye Corner and everywhere else i can think of but I can't find anyplace that still carries them. If anyone out there knows where in Columbus I can find one, please, let me know.

BroJim's picture

I have one and I will send it to you over night if you want. Im serious. I hope you're doing okay.

I season my simple food with hunger

+51 HS
Phillips.449's picture

Sorry for your loss SGTMDX!  You and your family are in my prayers.

+10 HS
BroJim's picture

Email me your infomation and I will have it in the mail tomorrow at 9am.

+46 HS
SgtMdx's picture

I have to have it to the funeral home by tomorrow but I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

+21 HS
BroJim's picture

I will overnight it to the address if you send me the info

+39 HS
SgtMdx's picture

What size is it? He was down to about 100lbs by the end.

+18 HS
BroJim's picture

It's a Large. Your call. I will be happy to send it, honest.

+38 HS
SgtMdx's picture

I've sent you my address. Hopefully, the funeral home can make it work. This is an incredibly selfless gesture and there's no way I can thank you enough. 

+23 HS
BroJim's picture

Got the email(s), I will send it ASAP. 

+38 HS
Remy's picture

BroJim you get my vote for:

BroJim is the Best Person

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+17 HS
512buckeye's picture

My condolences to you and your family. This is another example of how much our Buckeyes mean to us.

Let's party, Columbus.

+10 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Words fail me. I know there are former buckeyes on here.....somebody call tress and get this man a genuine vest. c'mon!

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+11 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

I would overnight you mine...

Just saw you had another offer.  Mine is size medium

+12 HS
mshaf's picture

Sorry to hear about your dad SgtMdx. Prayers are with you and your family.

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

My condolences, SGTMDX. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this time.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+8 HS
Habu71's picture

Condolences SGTMDX, you and your family are in my prayers.

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. 

+8 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

My Condolences SGTMDX...................I lost my dad close to 4 years ago and know how much it means to put things straight for the last time............

+11 HS
Buckataltitude's picture

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

+8 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Praying for the Lord to uphold you and comfort you and your family, and surround you with His love.

+7 HS
Ashtabula's picture

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

I am speechless. There still are a lot of great people in this world who care for other people. In one hour he is getting the sweater overnighted. 

+9 HS
SgtMdx's picture

Just saying thank you all seems far to inadequate but since I still can't up vote, it's all I have.

I appreciate the offers and the kind words. BigBadBuck nailed it when he said putting things right one last time was so important. My dad is the reason I love the Buckeyes. He took me to my first football game, my first basketball game, he educated me on Buckeye lore and when I thought we weren't going to fulfill one of his last wishes, I felt like I was going to be physically ill. I expected the 11W community to come through for me with some place to buy one but I never expected anything like BroJim and BuckNutzGasMan offered. I can't find the words to express my gratitude.    

+30 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Please know that many of us are thinking of you during this difficult time, SGT. My dad's favorite colors were scarlet and gray, and we buried him in his gray suit with scarlet tie. I wish you peace.

+9 HS
Remy's picture

My condolences SgtMdx. Wish you and your family peace during this difficult time.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+8 HS
sgehrich's picture

Condolences SGTMDX. My Dad passed away a month ago. I know what a difficult time this is. My prayers are with you. I know how important it is to make the final wishes of your loved ones happen. It warms my heart all the offers you had from people to send you their vests. BroJim, you are a good person. Upvotes aren't much reward for a selfless offer like yours, but it's what I can do. So you got a few from me. 

+13 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Sgt, I read a previous comment of yours on the Josh Perry thread and I just want to say you have my most sincere and deepest condolences for the loss of your father. You should also know you no doubt have an army of 11W's prayers at your disposal for the other fight you are in. Buckeye Strong.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+10 HS
Jabba1977's picture

God bless you sir!! I hope you get your vest!!

SECHATER77

+7 HS
sharks's picture

Brojim, you are now on auto-upvote from me.  Any time I see a post, upvoted.  What a selfless and kind act.

Sgt, my sincere condolences, man.

If I can chip in on shipping, i'd do so in a second. Let me know

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+7 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Condolences SGTMDX.

This thread reminds me of how awesome a family #BuckeyeNation is. 

How Firm Thy Friendship

+7 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Man. I feel for ya brotha. I don't know you, but my prayers go out to you and your family. God's peace, SgtMdx.

+5 HS
blocko330's picture

Sorry for the loss SgtMdx - glad to see the strong support throughout the 11W community.

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+4 HS
Nappy's picture

My condolences to your family.  I also lost my Dad last month and not a day goes by that I don't think about him.  It's incredibly hard.  He spent his last month in a hospital undergoing numerous surgeries.  I was able to go get the tattoo I've been wanting for years, which is my avatar pic, it spells "Dad" in sign language as my Dad was deaf.  He got to see it before he passed which meant a lot.  Stay strong, fellow Buckeye.  Your family is in my thoughts.

Fan of bacon since 1981

+8 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

My condolences SGTMDX!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+3 HS
Unky Buck's picture

My condolences as well, SGTMDX. 

And it's great to see all the responses from some fellow Buckeyes and BroJim, you are an absolute class act. It warms the heart to see things like this.

+3 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

this right here, this post is what makes this site and the Buckeye fans special.  My condolences

+3 HS
Gametime's picture

Condolences SGTMDX! On the bright side, your Dad now has the best seats in the house next to God and Woody on Saturdays!

Peace & blessings to you man!

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+3 HS
BUCKI06's picture

SGTMDX, sorry to hear about your loss.

BroJim, you're a stand up guy.  

"As long as we're keeping score, we're gonna try to win this thing." - UFM

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

SGTMDX - I hope everything went well for you and your family - did you eventually get the sweater vest you were looking for from BroJim?

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Most solemn condolences. 

Go Bucks!

+2 HS