Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

OSU Punter Makes the Chive

11UrbzAndSpices's picture
July 27, 2014 at 2:06am
19 Comments

It's late. I can't remember his name. Aj Trapasso? I want sleep. Whatever. Best punt ever and he didn't even make the team.

http://thechive.com/2014/07/24/the-best-nfl-fake-punt-ever-video/

Edit, now that I'm "awake"

In his first professional appearance during the Hall of Fame Game on August 9, 2009, Trapasso ran a fake punt 40 yards for a touchdown against the Buffalo Bills.[1] Later in the same game, he purposely ran backwards into the endzone, resulting in a safety, but running the clock out to end the game.

bethmowins's picture
+1 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Wow! What a fake! And it was AJ Trapasso by the way.

-2 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

He scores!

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

He made the news for hitting the scoreboard at Jerry World with a punt too. All during the same preseaon.

High and tight boo boo

+4 HS
Habu71's picture

I remember they spent a lot of time talking about the construction of the stadium, and things of that nature afterwards. Not much mention of the punter, or the leg that could do such a thing. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

That block looked painful.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

I remember that...

i believe Trapasso allegedly ran around a 4.4. That's really scootin for a punter. 

MacG91's picture

Wasn't he the holder for the NC game vs Miami and didn't we try a fake with him and not make it?

I could be wrong but it sounds sorta right lol

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
rosenbuck's picture

That was Andy Groom, who was a pretty good athlete in his own right.  But that fake was doomed from the start.

+1 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

That took a hell of a lot of guts. If just one of those three guys coming in unblocked noticed that he held onto the football they could have literally destroyed AJ. Thank god that he played it off so wonderfully and had everyone going for the block. Nice wheels too btw. 

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

-1 HS

Eh, 1st or 2nd preseason game, it was no real risk

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

-2 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

I'm not talking about the guts to make the call, I meant the guts showed by AJ to stand in there as long as he did with those guys bearing down on him. 

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Chive On brother. 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

rdubs's picture

I was hoping we would see more of those while he was at OSU because I believe he was an all-state running QB in high school for Pickerington.  He's clearly more athletic than most punters would be.

Yeah, starting running back for Pick North, which is the good school (sorry Pick Central folks)

rbesr's picture

Running back and punter for Pickerington Central HS, not North. He also kicked a few field goals. Could have played college ball as a running back but not at OSU.

+1 HS

My bad, I always get them switched.

DJ Byrnes's picture

u say he made the chive like the chive is a good thing

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Seattle Linga's picture

I still laugh every time I watch that play. Jeff Fisher drew up a good one that day. Perfect execution!!!!!!!!!!