Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Former band member, alleged victim of assault, speaks

40 Degrees North's picture
July 25, 2014 at 6:06pm
19 Comments
Mercurius's picture

It sounds like Waters went to Gene Smith and followed protocol.

+1 HS
Mercurius's picture

...and does this really need a new topic?

-1 HS
M Man's picture

Could use a new headline.  How's about: "PREVIOUS ALLEGATION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT HANDLED PROPERLY BY WATERS AND OSU."

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

It sounds like someones "friend" should have had his ass kicked by someones father and that should have been the end of the story.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

aren't these 'kids' adults? Surely they should be old enough to make their own decisions and handle things on their own. 

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Can everyone please try to stop and think about the things they're typing in here. There have been plenty of wildly insensitive comments about this posted already, and we don't want to offend anyone.

That said, I have nothing of any value whatsoever to add here. Bye.

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

I don't believe that there is one single thing in existence that someone, somewhere, will not be offended by. Being offended will soon become a profession.

+2 HS
Jeeves's picture

Whoa backup, beep,beep,beep, what was offensive or insensitive?

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Relax Jeeves. I'm making a statement, not an accusation.

+1 HS
Jack Burton's picture

I believe Jeeves comment was intended for PittBuckeye

It's all in the reflexes - Me

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Damn... I believe you are correct Jack Burton. Alcohol and sleep deprivation are not conducive to cognitive recognition. Tequila is a hell of a drug

+1 HS
Jeeves's picture

May I recommend a bloody mary with egg yolks and extra pepper sauce? Gentlemen have told me that they have found it extremely invigorating after a late evening.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

It's the current work schedule. Too many hours.

PittBuckeye's picture

It was a blanket statement, not directed at anything anyone said. Yes plenty of people are offended by things that shouldn't really don't seem to be offensive, but there are also plenty of people who have already made plenty of insensitive comments on this subject (all over the place). And this can be a touchy subject. 

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

It's ok, Pitt. Some people aren't afraid of words or opinions.

-1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I'm not afraid of words or opinions, what I am afraid of is saying something without thinking that negatively impacts a fellow reader of this site. Unless of course that's Steensn in which case I'm ok with it because it was just Jennifer Lawrence jumping or something.

cajunbuckeye's picture

If a person is being honest and expressing their true opinion, so be it. We're not responsible for someones sense of well being. The worlds a better place when we worry about our own house instead of our neighbors.

klm42005's picture

From a former band geek and the mother of a current one, we need to step back and look at the whole picture.  I am not blaming anyone but feel that this has been a culture for decades.  In light of the PSU scandal anything of this nature will not be sweeped under the rug as "status quo".  I think the issue here is that things like marching into the stadium in your underwear is on its own probably harmless in and of itself but when it becomes "manditory" or face repercussions is where it becomes a whole other issue completely.  I know these things have been going on for ages, but just because it has always been doesn't mean it should always be.  I would hate to think of my daugther being called an explicite "nickname" and even used by the Proffessor leading the group.  That being said, I feel that the firing of Waters was a little extreme, but in the wake of Sandusky/PSU alot of schools have a kneejerk reaction to anything remotely sexual/hostile.

Just my 2 cents.

+1 HS