Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Urban Nation Army's picture

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+1 HS
Orangeslash's picture

I bet more schools begin to look into band hazing.

-1 HS
M Man's picture

Well, Wisconsin.

And somebody correct me if I am wrong; the Wisconsin band has been involved in repeated controversies (2006 and 2008, at least*) with alleged offenses at least as bad as what has been alleged with TBDBITL, with the same director but he was never dismissed.  Right?  He got a suspension in 2008.  Right?

http://deadspin.com/5058995/wisconsin-band-director-not-a-fan-of-sex-toys

I don't like this story and I don't like the harshness of the punishment.

*To my eternal satisfaction, both of Wisconsin's marching band orgies occurred on road trips to play Michigan.  Combine that record with the near-fatal stampede/tragedy at Camp Randall in 1993 and the history of Wisconsin freakouts in connection with Michigan is rich.  (The suspension of the band and the near death experience for dozens of students actually pales in comparison to the epic meltdown by the Badgers in their 2008 game in Ann Arbor.)

+6 HS
Orangeslash's picture

Didn't FAMU just have a scandal recently as well?

M Man's picture

Yeah, but that was pretty dreadful.  A hazing incident in which a band member was beaten, accidentally to his death, during a bus ride. 

At least one criminal guilty plea:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/us/florida-sentencing-in-band-hazing-d...

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Who is the complete ASSHOLE that downvoted me because I pointed out that the OP beat me to posting the news?  Total DICKHEAD move.

-12 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture
Downvotes Coming

How Firm Thy Friendship

+12 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

I think you mean assholeS plural

+5 HS
Killer nuts's picture

While the most effective way to handle being downvoted can be debated, I'm pretty sure this is not it

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Good point Killer

Rill Dill - what's the first rule of FIGHT CLUB? 

jeremytwoface's picture

Who is the complete ASSHOLE that downvoted me because I pointed out that the OP beat me to posting the news?  Total DICKHEAD move.

Must be all of those soccer fans still holding a grudge....

Side note -- This is the first time (with the new site anyway) that I've seen a post with -12 helmet stickers. Well done!!! 

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+3 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Happens when multiple people open the page with fewer than 10 downvotes and then subsequently dv a person pushing them over the limit.

AngryWoody's picture

The first rule of downvotes is don't talk about downvotes.

Our Honor Defend!

-1 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

The second rule of downvotes is to never bring up the first rule of downvotes.

Of course, none of the rules of downvotes can be brought up without breaking said rule of downvotes.

+5 HS
AngryWoody's picture
+6 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

RD...............I don't think calling out the whole place is gonna get you many up votes..............

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+2 HS