Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Fogt13's picture
July 18, 2014 at 10:30am
17 Comments

Any Buckeye fans and 11W members in Fort Wayne?

sharks's picture

Clevelander, but I'm familiar.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

tussey's picture

Not currently but born and raised there

Fogt13's picture

Just curious, I live here and am looking for like minded college sports fans to have a few beers with while watching games.

Go Buckeyes! Go Bengals! Go Reds!
My true love will always be Rosie

tussey's picture

I know there are a lot of Buckeye fans in Fort Wayne.  I grew up in the Georgetown/Blackhawk area.  What part of town are you residing?

Fogt13's picture

Up by Dupont and Lima

tussey's picture

I don't know if you follow recruiting closely or not but you should try and make it to a Bishop Luers game this year.  Austin Mack is a junior WR and we are recruiting him to come to Columbus.  Also fun fact the head coach of Carroll High School is a Buckeye.  I'm pretty sure Doug Dinan was a walk on QB.  (He was the offensive coordinator/QB coach when I played at Snider)

Fogt13's picture

Thanks for that tip about Bishop, I work down in that area and pass the high school every year. My dad is a big HS football fan and would love it if I asked him to watch them on a friday night. Killing two birds with one stone, Dad points and OSU scouting!

ghalephoto's picture

Live off Maplecrest and Stellhorn.

Fogt13's picture

Any local bars you like to watch the games at? I tend to watch most football games at home due to the lack of OSU fans and the crap talking you hear when you wear the colors out on game day.

TraSmith4's picture

I spend a significant amount of time in the 260 & 574 but seriously the Mad Ants are your fave NBA team?

Fogt13's picture

Hahaha, I dont watch much pro basketball. Just as many flopps as FIFA

-1 HS
Oyster's picture

I helped deliver a body there a number of years ago.  A long but true story.

+4 HS
sharks's picture

Al Capone had a secret hideout there... Just how old are you??

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Earle's picture

Wait for it...

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

I'm not going to give you that satisfaction.

A friend worked for a private hearse/ambulance company many years ago.  He had a delivery to Ft Wayne and asked if I wanted to ride along.  It's one of those opportunities you don't pass up.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

e had a delivery to Ft Wayne and asked if I wanted to ride along.  It's one of those opportunities you don't pass up.

Ride along with a dead body? I think I may sit that one out....

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Live a little. I have great stories about that trip, and the nightmares have finally stopped too.

+2 HS