Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Matrix

0 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture
July 17, 2014 at 8:44am
35 Comments

The Matrix has quietly reached the 15 year mark this year.  There wasn't a 15th Anniversary re-release or a new Blu-Ray combo pack as there are with many other significant anniversary editions.

It's hard to believe it's been 15 years since Neo took the Red Pill and stayed in Wonderland.

It's also amazing how far Special Effects technology jumped after it was released.

"Bullet Time" was revolutionary, much in the same way Star Wars revolutionized special effects when it came out 22 years prior.

I consider this film to be top 10 Sci-Fi of all-time and definitely a top 20 film period.  I just haven't slotted it yet, which I must work on.

It is extremely quotable, has amazing effects (even by the standards of today), and is just an overall excellent and mind-bending concept.

I have only ever met ONE person who said they were not a fan of the movie.  Of course, this person's second favorite movie of all-time is Wedding Crashers, so I shouldn't be shocked...  but I am </sigh>.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments