Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Ohio 8th worth state to live in?

DannyBeane's picture
July 15, 2014 at 4:14pm
118 Comments

I disagree with this article's points. I might be a little biased as a born and raised Ohioan but I think this is a great state to live. On plus side, we're still better than Michigan. https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/gallery-cnbc-s-worst-states-to-live-in-sl...

*edit* I want to know how California didn't make this list. Ridiculous cost of living, smog violence. Ridiculous. 

BassDropper's picture

just saw this...seems to have a midwest bias. My personal top is

1.Michigan

2.South Dakota

3.North Dakota

4.Montana

5.Nebraska

6.West Virginia 

7.Alabama

8.Kentucky

9.Miss.

10.Maine

DIRECTIONER

-3 HS
GABuckeye's picture

Just curious if you've been to Montana or Maine?  I've been to Montana and, while nothing there, is one of the most beautiful places I've been to in the US.  I've also heard nothing but great things about vacationing in Maine.

+5 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

$3.20 a gallon for gas, you can do no wrong 

Bolt's picture

That's what I paid for gas in Columbus yesterday.

BassDropper's picture

I have not. But when I think about the states I would least want to live in Montana is one of them...middle of the country, farmland is not my cup of tea. I'll give you Maine, I was struggling to find #10, I've also heard great things about vacationing in Maine...not sure I would want to live in that area of the country though.

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Hell I'd live in Maine just for the cheap lobster. Lobster rolls would be my demise.

+8 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I've been to Montana ....Bozeman and over to Big Sky and Yellowstone ...absolutely breathtaking natural beauty ... I don't hunt/fish/camp/ski etc. but I thought the landscape was terrific to see ....seems like a very peaceful place to live

+7 HS
bedheadjc's picture

BD, is this a nice troll job about Montana being farmland? And middle of the country? It borders Canada and makes up a huge chunk of the Rockies! I realize over half the state DOES resemble the Dakotas;  the other half is literally a mountain paradise. The area just west of Red Lodge against the Beartooth and Absaroka ranges is utterly gorgeous. Truly God's Country (whichever deity you choose). The quality of life up there is superb, the population level is miniscule, and the people themselves are all frontier rancher archetypes, with a little granola thrown in for good measure. I'd move to the mountain side of Montana in a second.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Ok, you guys have convinced me...take Montana off the list. To my credit, I have a biased opinion about that part of the country like the author and many other have about Ohio and the midwest.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
robobuck's picture

Middle of the country eh?

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

BassDropper's picture

meant middle of nowhere

DIRECTIONER

robobuck's picture

that's one of its best qualities!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+3 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

Totally agree on Montana. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and what you like to do. Montana is a beautiful state and happens to be hands down the best in the lower 48 for fly fishing and I say that living in Colorado.

jpbuckeye's picture

Been to both and all I can say is : BEAUTIFUL.

+1 HS
jpbuckeye's picture

,,,and I live in St. Thomas USVI. There is beauty nearly every where you go; if you can see it.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I like ur attitude.

sox33osu's picture

Maine is one of the best states I've ever been to, and is one I will be traveling to throughout the rest of my life. The food is fantastic, the coloniol feel is very enjoyable, and the Bar Harbor area is just in general a really cool area. I'd highly reccommend.

TNbuckeye91's picture

Yeah sorry bass dropper. You've got to learn to appreciate that kind of stuff. Montana is fucking beautiful. You just don't understand.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I couldn't help but notice the midwest bias as well. If you live in any of the coastal states, you're off the hook. I mean New Jersey must truly be an amazing state that everyone wants to live in right?

+3 HS
funtubs's picture

Besides the shore, the rest of Jersey is pretty shitty. Even some of the beaches are bad too

Earle's picture

If this is the best part of Jersey, I don't have much use for the rest of the state, either.

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
funtubs's picture

As far as the shore, I meant the beaches and boardwalks. But yeah the TV show shows how New Jersey is in certain parts.

ITWASME's picture

I hate New Jersey with every inch of my being. I had to move there for a year and leave a ton of family and friends and I was depressed for a year. Then I moved back to Ohio but my dad still lives there because his job keeps giving him raises to stay so that he can't find as much money here. So yeah fuck Jersey.(I'm 16 by the way)

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

My top 5....

1. Michigan

2. Ann Arbor

3. East Lansing

4. Detroit

5. Michigan

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+25 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

What a silly article. 

+2 HS
labuck's picture

Not sure how you can list CA as one of the worst states to reside.  Sure it costs a lot to live here (if in a highly desirable area) but there are some pretty amazing places to live in CA up and down the coast.  Also, the whole state is not covered in smog.  You must be thinking of just LA or something from a story you read a long time ago. Sure the smog is here but it isnt nearly as bad as it used to be.  I am pretty sure CA would be one of the best states to live in. 

+7 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Just like there are some amazing places to live in Ohio up by lake Erie, down by Hocking Hills and the Ohio River, and C-bus, Cincy and Cleveland? My point was comparing the negative things they said about Ohio to other states that didn't make the list. I imagine California is an amazing place to live if you make a lot of money. But if you make a lot of money you can be happy in any state.

+4 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

No offense Danny, but you should probably visit California before calling it out, visit Palm Springs, Santa Monica, San Diego, Orange County, Santa Barbara then get back to me.  All the gang violence and stuff you don't really see as the gangs have self-segregated themselves to the point where all you have to do is pass 2 exits on the highway to avoid the "hood".

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I think you forgot Marion, Danny. DJ is not pleased.

Fly Patterns's picture

While I'm not a fan of what the people (i.e., politicians) have gone and done with the California, there really isn't much of a debate about the natural beauty and diversity of California.  In one State you can see snow-capped mountains, deserts, hundreds of miles of beautiful coastline, wine country, sequoias, redwoods, rivers.  Just about everything you can imagine.  There is no other state like it, and if you can find a place there that is reasonably close to one of those things which suit your interests, I'd say it COULD be a great place to live.  Then you have to navigate cost of living and people.

I've lived in 5 States.  Of the five, Illinois was my least favorite.  And I lived right in downtown Chicago.  Other than Chicago, there's just not much to do IMO.

+6 HS
LABuckeye's picture

Agree completely. I was born in Ohio, raised in Ohio, lived there until I was 24 (then again, from 28-30). Moved around for awhile between states and countries. I have been here for ten years now, and I LOVE living in California. I could see living in a few other states as well, but can't imagine moving back to Ohio. Not that it is a bad state to live in or anything, as the cities are nice and clean, but I am a biologist and trail runner - someone whose life is tied to the outdoors, and I am completely happy here.

+1 HS
yrro's picture

Really, "California" is big enough it's hard to talk about as one entity. You couldn't pay me enough to live in LA, even with the beaches. But northern California is gorgeous.

And regardless there's going to be personal bias aplenty. Montana sounds awesome to me. Other people couldn't stand to be that rural.

ponder10's picture

Seriously, how could Ohio be worse than Mississippi? They just ratified the 13th amendment last year, nearly 150 years after it became a constitutional amendment.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

+9 HS
The Butler's picture

People in Louisiana say "Thank God for Mississippi."

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

yrro's picture

My experience in Mississippi was that people were friendly, food was great, and the service was better than most places around here.

Then again, I'm white...

TNbuckeye91's picture

There are a lot of black people in Mississippi.I dont think you're gonna get treated any differently really.unless you're looking for that.

Buck my Nuts's picture

I think he was implying there is still a little racism there, lol

yrro's picture

I mostly just meant that my perspective on my experience was limited to "how a white person is treated in Mississippi." I make no comment because I have no knowledge on "how a black person is treated in Mississippi."

Rob Reese's picture

It's all on the methodology used, and in this case, the very narrow methodology.

Psshh, LeBron was in Miami for 4 years and hightailed it back to the great state of Ohio the first moment he could.    8-)

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+3 HS
stechs02's picture

I was born, raised, lived, and continue to live in Ohio. It's going to take a lot more than some smug California liberal to change my opinion on the great state of O-H-I-O. This article can kiss my A$$! Go Bucks!

+4 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Yeah, I don't really see how other people's obesity has any effect on whether a state is a good place to live. 

+4 HS
DannyBeane's picture

If anything obesity means our state has an abundant wealth of resources.

+3 HS
jedkat's picture

Are you typing with a lisp?

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+7 HS
DannyBeane's picture

My fingers have a sthpeech impediment.

+3 HS
jedkat's picture

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

kmp10's picture

I want to know how California didn't make this list. Ridiculous cost of living, smog violence. Ridiculous. 

Well, 320+ days of sunshine a year, zero humidity, the most gorgeous mountains you'll ever see and an ocean to play in. The cost of living isn't what's bad in SoCal, rather it's the cost of property that is "ridiculous". California is a great place to live. It has its issues like everyplace, but its benefits far outweigh its negatives, IMO. San Diego is the cleanest city I've ever been in. San Francisco is a cultural bastion. LA, altho big and dirty in many parts, is as fun a city to live in as exists anywhere in the country. 

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I'll take back my comment about California.

Fly Patterns's picture

KMP i agree with most of what you say.  I commented above.  But if cost of living is a big deal for someone, CA is going to be low on the list.  I know property is only one factor in cost of living, but it definitely IS a factor in COI.  It's not like you can "live" under a bridge, at least not long term.....

If you look at any cost of living index, housing/property is the number one factor in overall cost of living.  Granted, the cost of a can of peas and a gallon of gas goes into it too, but still......

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

I lived in SD.  No arguments from me on it's beauty and weather. California has earned it's reputation for being one of the most litigious, taxed and over crowded for a reason, though. And if you're okay with taking in all that local, gorgeous scenery with 3 hours/day stuck on 405, then you've found heaven.  Beaches?  Locals 'take in' the beach a few times a year.  And that's if you live near it.  Obviously, some will spend more time, some less.

Also, can't argue about property prices.  I couldn't afford my equivalent in SoCal without being essentially *mortgage broke* well into my 50's (and that's a long way away).

Don't get me wrong.  There's obviously a lot to do in California and I enjoyed my time there, for the most part.  None other than Pierce Brosnan shared a ski lift with me at Bear Mt ski resort one time.

It's just not for everyone.  

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Pierce Brosnan? Never heard of her.

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I like the Sierra Nevadas but they're hardly the most gorgeous mountains I've ever seen (or climbed).

It isn't just real estate. Electricity, water, sewer, garbage collection & gasoline are all absurdly high compared to much of the nation. Then of course there are the taxes...

I loved my time living in California but it's far from paradise.

512buckeye's picture

Ohio is located in a very convenient spot. It really is "the heart of it all".

Let's party, Columbus.

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

I've traveled to and worked in 38 of the states. It really depends what your priorities are as to what you like and don't like. New Jersey is the absolute worst state I've been to, but even they have nice pockets. Colorado would be my number one, most beautiful natural scenery that I've ever seen. Ohio is pretty average in many ways, but it's home and does have some upsides. If I was an outsider, I'd honestly rank it somewhere in the middle.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

I'm not too far behind you...

However, I would say Indiana is the worst state. I absolutely hate 95% of that state. 

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+10 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I thought the article was about Ohio being the 8th best state.

Anyway, every state has some redeeming qualities, some places of incredible beauty and diversity. I have lived in Minnesota for nearly three decades, and I have come to appreciate the full four seasons of the outdoors. The states in which I would least like to live include Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and West Virginia.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I blame my poor typing skills on having the most erratic sleep last night. Working third shift is for the birds.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Best place I have lived was the Ozarks in Missouri. Worst place? East St. Louis,Illinois. Arlington,Texas would be #2 on the good side and Columbus,Ohio #3 on the good side. Have been around the block quite a bit and feel I know a little bit about a little bit.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

E. St. Lois might be a little bit rough...

e

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+4 HS
Butch_Driveshaft's picture

I'll agree with you on the Ozarks, particularly central Missouri around the Lake of the Ozarks area. Even down to Table rock Lake and Branson. I've vacationed out to LOTO my whole life and would love to live there.

Haven't really lived anywhere that I didn't like so far.

He owes me 260 bucks vacation pay, and he won't fuckin' pay that, so I figured a handful of chips wasn't too much to ask.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea I figured it was just me but I could fish all day and chop fire wood and hunt and live without electricity if I had to, but I still have dreams about the Ozarks even though it has been 20 years since I lived in that beautiful wilderness. Hopefully it hasnt changed too much because I plan on taking my children  out there for a week of camping soon. Branson was a cool but weird little city 20 years ago,I liked it and the people were very hospitable.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

DudeNick4's picture

I lived in West Virginia for some time. That was depressing to see the old steel mills sitting empty. But even then, I could find beauty in the hills on autumn days. I currently live in southwest Ohio and while I've seen places that are much nicer... It's home. It's quiet. It's safe. We have four seasons and I'm surrounded by Buckeye fans. 

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

You must have been in the northern panhandle for Steel Mills, in the Ohio Valley. 

+1 HS
DudeNick4's picture

That's correct.  Weirton.

robobuck's picture

Been to 45 states. This list is dumb. Most likely written by some insecure city slicker.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Kasich has Ohio's economy and job situation rolling pretty well from what I know. 

+5 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

Pfft...just more progressive propaganda during an election year.

Gallery: CNBC's worst states to live in

8. Ohio

The Buckeye State's industrial heritage has left a mark on its environment, with some of America's dirtiest air and one of the worst records for toxic releases, according to the EPA. Ohio also has relatively high rates of diabetes and obesity. People still like to visit, though. Some 357,000 international travelers made Ohio part of their itinerary in 2012, according to the U.S. Commerce Department

Ohio is now going to be attacked by the prog media just because Cleveland will host the RNC. Lame...so lame.

-1 HS
robobuck's picture

I guarantee you someone could swap the top.ten best and worst states and make a very convincing list out of it. Instead of inner city Detroit, you'd have a picture of the sleeping bear dunes or the st Joseph beach. Instead of fireworks over mount Rushmore, it would be some forsaken street in Pierre in the dead of winter.

+6 HS
yrro's picture

Well said.

The least favorite state I've visited personally is New Jersey, but even they have beaches, cool boardwalks, a couple nice parks, and probably a lot of good Italian restaurants compared to here.

Furious George 27's picture

I did not know that obesity and diabetes could be contributed to a state.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Governmental health and fitness programs. Also, a culture of acceptance of unhealthy habits versus healthy ones. 

Furious George 27's picture

Bottom line, its up to the individual not the government to get said person off the couch. I would rather not waste money on people that are un aware  that eating crap food and not working out in some way is bad for your health.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+3 HS
KingKosar's picture

I wouldn't necessarily tie it to government either, Furious.  I think part of the problem (for mid-west states) is climate, especially around the winter time.  States that have great weather all year round will contain - generally speaking, of course - a more active population.  

When I was living in Portland, I could go for a run outside during my lunch year-round.  Sure it might be raining a little in February, but the temperature would be in the 40's.  Now that I moved back to Ohio, do you think I really want to go running outside when it's 10 degrees and there's a foot of snow on the ground?

Jeeves's picture

The US as a whole is fat and getting fatter except for one state (Colorado). Experts will argue the reasons for the obesity epidemic  in great detail but the obvious factors exist in every state: unwalkable suburbs, very few people do physical labour, very few people cook healthy meals at home and the American diet is full of sugar, simple carbs and unhealthy fats. Add to this the popular trend of the self named "foodie" (honestly people stuffing your face is not a hobby, it's called gluttony) and it is no wonder that every town in the country is starting to look like oompa loompa land.

-1 HS
apack614's picture

That will change after they all have the munchies for a couple years

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

BucksFan2000's picture

It's ironic that for each state they chose a really beautiful picture.  Except Oklahoma.  A twister is about to kill everyone.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

Take a look at the listed pros and cons -

Weaknesses: Health, environment

Strengths: Local attractions, crime rate

Local attractions and low crime rate are two major, major strengths that most states cannot boast. Health is a BS weakness - if you want to be fit, there are not only plenty of gyms, but also plenty of fresh markets and a lot of hiking/biking/running area all throughout the state. What I don't understand is the last part:

2014 Top States overall rank: 18

+3 HS
Danify's picture

Yeah, that's what doesn't make sense about the article, how can Ohio be in the top 10 worst state yet, ranks 18th in the Top States (Overall) rankings.

+1 HS
thatyoungdude's picture

Best states to live in:

1. OH-IO!

2. Texas

3. Tennessee

4. Colorado

5. South Carolina

6. Georgia

7. Hawaii

8. Montana

9. Kentucky

10. Washington

sox33osu's picture

You and I are right on the same page. I'd move Washington up the list for sure, but maybe bring Montana down. Otherwise though, I can get down with this.

thatyoungdude's picture

Well I've never been to Washington, but I figured I should add it because of the popularity of their recent substance law changes if ya catch my drift.

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Hard to lump Ohio as one - 3 major urban areas, some small to mid sized cities, lots of great suburbs, and even plenty of farms and rural areas.  As the article said, relatively low crime rate, pretty good job market (5.5% unemployment overall).  If you want to be on the ocean or in NYC (there's only one New York) then I guess Ohio isn't for you.  Really don't see it as top 10 worst.  Probably not top 10 best either, but I think 18, as someone linked, is about right.

TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

you're spelling "worst" wrong, ("worth")...just an FYI

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

This has been covered, several times.

+1 HS

I think you can edit your titles

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I made the mistake. I'm living with it. Captain going down with his ship and all.

+2 HS

that is admirable, Admiral, or Captian sir

+2 HS
jedkat's picture

~Zach Boren

+1 HS

The best state to live right now is probably Texas, in terms of business development and expansion, economics, and taxes. The purposeful influx of illegal immigrants is worrisome though.

+4 HS
thatyoungdude's picture

As far as economic development, North Dakota is booming with the recent (2-3 years) oil discovery and subsequent development. But I agree, I love the state of Texas, just not their football teams.

+4 HS

yes, North Dakota is great right now! Forgot about that. Imaginary upvote from me :)

Heck, even the Walmart employees in North Dakota are making bank.

The energy resources are very abundant in North Dakota. They are abundant in other states too, but unfortunately the environmentalists and politicians hinder the economic expansion with too much regulation. Speaking of which, if they did the common sense thing in Washington (White House) and OK'd the Keystone Pipeline...that would add about 43,000 new jobs in the heartland, and drive future energy and gas prices down.

+1 HS
thatyoungdude's picture

Speaking of which, if they did the common sense thing in Washington (White House)

Is that possible?

+1 HS

Sadly, it seems the answer is (on purpose) No, my friend

+1 HS
Bucksfan's picture

Except now the entire state of North Dakota smells like petroleum and the industry causes you to get sick.  It's got about the same amount of scenery and things to do as, say, Kansas...but less sports teams and smells like oil.  I'll pass...a thousand times pass.

Texas sucks, too.  Vast areas of flat, dry wasteland as far as the eye can see.  There isn't a single sliver of picturesque landscape in Texas beyond a few portions of its coastline, all of which take a day's drive to get there from anywhere else.  Houston and Dallas are concrete jungles of sprawl.  Austin is alright, but now fighting serious transportation problems as a result of the population influx.  It also sucks for a whole host of other reasons that we don't need to get into here.

-3 HS
CC's picture

Bucksfan - If there is "population influx" as you refer to it, can it really "suck" as bad as you say it does?

Have you been to the entire state of North Dakota?

Bucksfan's picture

CC, did you read what I wrote?  I didn't say Austin sucks.

Have YOU been to the entire state of North Dakota?

-2 HS
CC's picture

No but I didn't claim the entire state smelled, you did.

Bucksfan's picture

But then why are you calling me on something, for which I provided links, on the basis of a first hand account (I never claimed in the first place to possess a first hand account) if you aren't planning to refute it with your own first hand account and/or links to first hand accounts?  Do you have any links to refute my links?

-1 HS
CC's picture

Your statement doesn't pass the common sense test.  I'm not going to waste time with a links war, anyone can find a liberal website to say the sky is falling with respect to the environment.

The state has 70k square miles, I have a feeling there is at least one which doesn't smell... just a hunch.

Bucksfan's picture

Common sense test?  Yeah, if you read everything on a thread as literally as you do, of course it wouldn't pass the common sense test.  Good luck finding the square mile of ND where it both doesn't smell and is fun to visit.  When you do, let me know...I'll be happy to put it on my list of destination vacations.

-1 HS
thatyoungdude's picture

Texas may be mostly flat and dry. But The majority of the state is B-E-A-utiful from February through May with Bluebonnets

https://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=texas+bluebonnets&gbv=2&sa=X&oi=im...

+1 HS
Bucksfan's picture

Everyone has flowers in the spring time.

-2 HS
thatyoungdude's picture

Not everyone has rolling fields covered in blue

-1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

This escalated quickly.

Yes, and I guarantee BUCKSFAN has never even been to North Dakota.

I've been there twice and what he's saying is pure liberal/environmentalist wacko gobbly-gook.

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

As a California resident, it's pretty great.  People from other states often point out the smog problem, but I really don't think it is as bad as people think.  The air is better now than it was a couple of decades ago.  The taxes are the worst thing about California

Go Bucks!

sox33osu's picture

In a lot of people's minds, Los Angeles = California. What a lot of people don't realize is that there are a lot of areas of California, especially in the northern part, that resemble Ohio in a lot of ways (small towns, more wholesome/conservative, lower crime rate, quaint). It's the same thing people think of when they look at Ohio. They see Cleveland struggle during the Recession and our pro sports team struggle and assume Ohio sucks as a state. It's ignorance. Ohio has quite a good tourist population, and tons of beautiful nature scenery. Little known fact - Ohio is one of the top states in the US for winery-goers.

+2 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Yeah I agree.  California has a stigma, but there are so many regions that don't fit that stigma.

Go Bucks!

Riggins's picture

Whole lot of political chatter in here...

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

The city of Toledo was voted the #1 most miserable city of last winter, based on weather in some magazine. So we did our part. The rest of Ohio better get their sh*t together. Sorry i cant remember which.

-1 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Uhh yeah... maybe by the Toledo Blade.

thatyoungdude's picture

Going to school in BG I can attest that the winter was awful!

CC's picture

Here's my takeaway from the article:
Good football = bad place to live

I'll translate into college football national titles (67)

Arkansas - 1 National Title

Kentucky/Louisville - 1

Ohio State- 7

Indiana/ND  - 11

Michigan/Michigan State – 11 and 2

Alabama/Auburn – 15 (seems wrong) and 2

LSU – 3

Missouri – 1

Oklahoma – 7

Tennessee - 6

TNbuckeye91's picture

And Tennessee as the worst really? I love Tennessee. I live in a cabin right outside Chattanooga and its beautiful.this article is terrible. In the words of THE grateful dead, "Tennessee Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be." Don't get me wrong Ohio is great, but I live where I live in tn and im a musician and you're spoiled with different types of music everywhere.and a lot of it.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

-1 HS