Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

math is hard, everybody

robobuck's picture
July 15, 2014 at 10:04am
23 Comments

Today on mike and mike adam shefter was on discussing a certain tight end's contract. the player to play for seven million this year and then 110 percent of that next year. I'm not smart enough to figure that out, he said, maybe around eight point five million? .you're right Adam you're not smart enough to figure that out.

rosycheeks's picture

I was hoping this was about Torrance Gibson. I hadn't heard anything about him lately.

+5 HS
Earle's picture

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
RubixTube's picture

In May, I received a letter from the IRS stating that they had not received all of my wages/tips/salary etc information and would need me to (essentially) resubmit my 2013 tax return.  After confirming with them over the phone, I sent the paperwork along with the document they were missing...a 1099G that showed an additional $17k gross income for the household.

In response to the new filing, the IRS has increased my return by $4k.

I'm not complaining at all, I love the new math (in this instance).  Just wish I could get a grip on how it really works.

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....

+3 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Must be the common-core math...

Err, sorry.

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

How to calculate 110% of 7 million using Common Core Math:

Get 7 million people to stand in a circle.  Start counting from 1, starting with the first person.  After everyone has counted, go around the circle again, but only every 10th person counts.  When you get to the end, you have the answer!

Bugsyk's picture

Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that..

+3 HS
airbuckeye's picture

He may be confused because is trying to compare math to meth and that never seems to work out.

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

What's great is he's a Michigan AND northwestern alum. We ain't come to analyze school! Classes are pointless!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

This guy must leave killer tips!

+2 HS
brunstar's picture

Saban definately needs to work on his math skills

85 - 13 + 25 = 85 according to him.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I never did real well in math - boy I wonder why?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Ole Winnie Cooper turned out OK, didn't she?

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I'm glad these players don't come to play math. 

Schefter is Michigan trash. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You really should tell us how you feel Knar

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Ok, he's greasy, hot trash. I hate that ugly little helmet he has in his office on the bookshelf when he does interviews. 

+2 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Punctuation must be tough, too.

How Firm Thy Friendship

robobuck's picture

Meh, I was posting from my phone. Couldn't be bothered :)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+1 HS
thumper351's picture

A recent study from the University of _ichigan claims that 5 out of every 4 Americans are terrible with fractions.