Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Andrew Wiggins and I on the same level athletically.

PittBuckeye's picture
July 14, 2014 at 5:04pm
44 Comments
OSU_ALUM_05's picture
By "got this move" I assume you mean this:
+16 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Idk this guy has that look on his face like he really thinks he's going to get there, I'd know better.

But yeah that's essentially what I meant.

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+8 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Usually people have to know me for at least half an hour before they call me a liar...

+2 HS
daveyt11's picture

Gonna be good players!

DannyBeane's picture

If the Cavs trade Wiggins for Love I am going to be so pissed.

+10 HS
KB3RG's picture

I am back and forth on this one...

Love career average 19.2PPG, .451FG%, .815 FT%, 12.2 RPG, .362 3P%

and he turns 26 this year. He will be going into prime years soon and has stated he would sign a long term deal with the Cavs. In addition Wiggins a fantastic talent but is an unknown. 

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I'm not even a Cavs fan and I would be pissed if they traded Wiggins.  I would think that the Cavs would have enough other young prospects to get that deal to go through in the coming months when Minnesota risks losing him for nothing.

+3 HS
Josh P's picture

This would be one of those things the Cavs do and in five years Wiggins wins MVP...

+1 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

And so does this guy.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+7 HS
Earle's picture

I can't be the only Browns fan that finds this disturbing.

Italics are for emphasis.

+4 HS
daveyt11's picture

You're not...WOW

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

So close, yet so very, very far.

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The fact that he seems genuinely upset about it is what is funny to me....

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+3 HS
Earle's picture

I'm just going to chalk it up to too many drinks before the attempt.  Or maybe his money phone was weighing him down.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

Well, given his penchant for being seen in public with comely young blondes, his little black book probably has him off-balance, too. That thing's gotta be heavy.

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+5 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

This might be the most awesome gif i've ever seen.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+2 HS
Gray Box's picture
+8 HS
sox33osu's picture
+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

You can for once feel the excitement surrounding the Cavs. This kid is crazy athletic. 

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Me in 11th grade

+9 HS
OSU069's picture

Damn that was pretty sweet. 

+1 HS
ToetotheFace's picture

That is some ninja shit.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Honestly I should have seen it coming, but I really didn't expect the gif's to be all over this thread. Well done.

+4 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture
+2 HS
Gray Box's picture

And then he did this:

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

DO NOT TRADE. You have the greatest basketball player on the planet mentoring the #1 overall pick for another 10 years. Once LBJ retires Wiggins will take over. When I try to pinpoint who Wiggins reminds me of it is difficult to pick just one player. I see KD/Kobe/MJ/Lebron attributes in Wiggins games. He definitely has top 5 potential.

DIRECTIONER

+5 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I don't see the Lebron there, I think he might show flashes of the eventually, but Lebron is just so powerful in everything he does, and Wiggins is a twig. Sure he made a great spin along the baseline and finished at the rim yesterday, but that was all speed and agility, not raw power.

I think his absolute peak is a mix between MJ and KD (obviously very long way to go) but I agree 100% that you do not trade him unless OKC offers KD which will never happen.

BassDropper's picture

I think Wiggins/Lebron are most comparable on the defensive end. Both have a great sense of jumping passes that lead to fast break, and Wiggins gets a lot of blocks away from the basket and has mastered the chase-down block, like Lebron.

DIRECTIONER

PittBuckeye's picture

I think Wiggins and Jordan are much more comparable on D for the most part, aside from the fact that LBJ and Wiggins are the same height and have nearly identical wingspans. I'll give you the chase down blocks, but Lebron is so physical on defense which when combined with how well he reads the game is killer, Wiggins reads things very well but he's just faster than you and has that flat out stupid leaping ability both of which make up for a lot. Wiggins ends up blocking or altering shots from bad defensive positions because he gets up so fast, and can recover so fast.

Either way you don't trade a guy who if he can learn to act a little like Kobe and his shot keeps coming along could be an all-timer.

+1 HS
danbrown7665's picture

what part of wiggins game reminds you of KD???

If anything he is a young kobe but he has to develop a jump shot

"limitations, like fears are often just illusions"
-Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete of all time

PittBuckeye's picture

To me offensively he plays very similarly to KD, obviously not even on the same planet scoring touch wise, but watch them play. The shot selection is similar and so is the fact that they defer to other people too much. The way they move is even oddly similar, to go along with their build.

KingsRite's picture

I agree. DO NOT TRADE WIGGINS! This team  has the capacity to be something special long term.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Like I said above I agree  with that, the only thing is Lebron doesn't have a ton of time left in his prime. He's got hopefully 4 or 5 years maybe. Getting Kevin Love gives you a serious shot at winning a title every single one of those years.

If they can keep Wiggins, and end up with Love I think this team wins it all this year. Starting 5 of 1. Irving 2. Wiggins 3. The king 4. Love 5. Varejao with Mike Miller in all likelihood coming off the bench. They would be scary on offense, and could be pretty darn good on D (because with that lineup you can hide Kyrie on D)

I think that's a team that can defend the Spurs, the match ups look good to me, Lebron on Parker, Kyrie on a jump shooter.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Exactly what I've been trying to say from the beginning. Lebron has 5 more max potential years left before he starts to decline. Wiggins will take every bit of till that 3rd season to be All Star caliber. Love is at almost top of his game right now and can still improve. Its a very close situation but with my health issues up in the air I have  to  say do whatever it takes NOW to get Love and sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal. Aheard a reporter noted that LeBron mentioned all the youth on the Cavs roster in his letter and mentioned he was excited to play with them. Everyone that is except Wiggins. If true just seems a little odd to me.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

PittBuckeye's picture

Well for your sake I hope they do it then sir.

But he didn't mention Bennett either I don't believe, but I can't believe that Lebron would know something about trade plans that David Blatt doesn't so it's hard to put too much stock into that.

+1 HS
AJBor41's picture

As a Cleveland sports fan I want a championship now. Talk about mentoring, building, etc. is nice and all, but for a city that hasn't won anything for so long, I think they just need to do what it takes to win right now. To me, that option is Love.

+1 HS