Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

OSU\VT

0 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture
July 13, 2014 at 10:11pm
32 Comments

So I will finally be making the journey back to the Shoe after 8 long years. Given its a night game and me and my group will be driving in from Illinois, we've all agreed to let Columbus be our tailgate and lets the fine cab companies of Columbus be our chariots. With that said, since its been near a decade-what should I do? The Thirsty Scholar was my absolute favorite haunt on campus so naturally a trip there will be required, but since it is an evening game, I will have a large part of the day to enjoy my second favorite place in the world. We'll be staying at the airport-near it anyway-so the cab ride won't be long. It has been so long since I've been to Columbus, I wouldn't know where to start. If we stayed away from Campus for a little while but made our way towards it as time went on, what places would you folks recommend? I'm really looking for a place or three between Port Columbus and the Shoe where we can kill some time, eat well, drink better while waiting for kickoff. I am open and appreciative of any suggestions. I am almost embarrassed to ask-is Hiney Gate still a thing? Is it worth it? Basically, for those of us that were at games from 2001-2005, how similar or dissimilar is campus today? A brother needs help.

Go!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments