Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

I just ate an entire Hot-N-Ready pizza from Little Caesars

sox33osu's picture
July 9, 2014 at 8:47pm
109 Comments

I don't remember the last time I felt this ashamed. I went and had some beers for the WC game earlier and had nothing to make at home, and now I have to live with this. 

irishfury's picture

Remember friend it could always be a lot worse.  After a night of drinking in my younger days I wish only eating a whole pizza was what shamed me.

+7 HS
sox33osu's picture

I turn 30 in a little over 3 weeks. I'm not telling anyone I know about this.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

The Rock thinks you need to step it up! Only 1... C'mon!

+11 HS
blocko330's picture

Read that title and lost it and only because I did that once a week in college! For $5..geez - What's that old saying? If you can't beat it, eat it!!

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

There are two kinds of people in this world, the kind that eat their pizza with a fork and the kind that don't. You clearly don't eat your pizza with a fork, this is something to be proud of.

Side note: Did you know in Detroit you can order "extra butter parm" on your Lil C's, in fact they ask you. It cost an extra 50 cents. . .

I season my simple food with hunger

+3 HS
ITWASME's picture

Who eats pizza with a fork? Obviously you know someone who does so next time you see them tell him/her that he/she is ridiculous

Jabba the Hoke's picture

Depends on the pizza, clearly I would eat a hot and ready with a fork.

UFest57's picture

BroJim - we call it "Crazy Crust" here in NW Ohio...and it's amazing  

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Enjoy your diarrhea!

+8 HS
sox33osu's picture

If I end up with diarrhea, that is the absolute best cast scenario. I piled on the Frank's, so I'm hoping that helps.

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Sriracha has always been my poison of choice for flavorizing cheap pizza.

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

Dude I just ran out about 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten back out to get another bottle. There is literally nothing that Sriracha doesn't go on. 

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

Sriracha and cereal dont mix well. That being said, Sriracha is a staple in my fridge. I read that it's a pretty bad factory to live around and a bad company to work for.

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

Sriracha is a staple in my fridge. I read that it's a pretty bad factory to live around and a bad company to work for

In today's economy, there are dozens of cities across the county who are throwing themselves at the opportunity to be home to Sriracha. 

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

When I lived alone, I did that every Friday after work. It's really not a bad thing. 

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

I ate a large pepperoni and mushroom from Tubby's once. Washed it down with a 2 liter of Mt. Dew. That was 13 years ago. No way could I even eat half now.

KingsRite's picture

Marion?

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

KingsRite's picture

I know the place well. Used to be KFC back in the day.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

BroJim's picture

Everyone knows Purple Indian is better! Even the dugout's fold overs are better than Tubby's

bigtenspeed's picture

I'm guessing the Purple Indian is in Mt. Gilead?

BroJim's picture

Don't play. . . Of course it is.

KingsRite's picture

Cal's Pizza was awesome back in the day. Used to get two of those and go to Stewart's Root beer or Lincoln Park and watch baseball. This was back when Marion was a normal town.

+1 HS
MackRM408's picture

Im in Philly for business and just ate an entire Pats and Ginos cheesesteak 

sox33osu's picture

Which area of Philly?

BroJim's picture

Pats and Geno's are traps. Cosmi's Deli is just 5 min walk away. The owner is a cool dude, ask him to tell you the story about his little league baseball t team/ his Ohio story. Trust me go to Cosmi's (1501 S 8th) get the seeded roll. . .You will thank me.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

I've heard this as well, which is why I asked. My best friend moved from Columbus to Philly a year and a half ago, and he said he's learned those are horrible sandwiches. There are a lot of fantastic choices, but Pat's and Geno's are just the generic tourist spots. 

BroJim's picture

It's true, I would rather get a steak from a vender than pats or geno's. Another good place is Max's, when I lived in North Philly I would go all the time. Not the best area but it's right off Broad St. so it's not too bad.

labuck's picture

I prefer Jims on 4th w extra whiz and onions. Also the roast pork w smoked provolone at Dinic's in Reading Terminal is unreal.

+1 HS
aboynamedtracy's picture

Yes. Dinic's is truly the best.

BroJim's picture

My roasted pork spot is John's in South Philly, in my opinion it's way better. Jim's is okay, but it is the best of the famous spots. Going to Jim you can create the "South Philly Taco" grab a giant slice from Lorenzo's across the street and wrap your Jim's steak in it. Worth a try, ONCE.

Buckeyeneer's picture

Yeah, I did that too. I was in town for business as well. I wanted to do a taste test. I was so ashamed of myself afterwards that I told my friends that I did the taste test but that I only ate half of each. Pats >>>>>> Ginos.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
MackRM408's picture

Agreed Pats was better than Genos...Gotta say Penn Station could've taken them both....The whiz was surprisingly good tho

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

We did a taste test in Philly and ordered one at each. Neither stood out. The rest of Philly had great food, though.

JasonR's picture

I've only been to Philly a few times, but I've tried quite a few of the cheesesteak places and so far Jim's is far and away my favorite. Geno's and Pat's were both nowhere close.

osu407's picture

Been there, done that

sox33osu's picture

I don't feel so bad after reading the comments. I'm not feeling like such a fatty fat fatty now. I have to poop, though.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

One thing I learned in college was, if you're ever feeling blocked up eat an entire hound dog's pizza. The amount of grease from that tasty body destroying goodness really helps lubricate the insides if you know what I am saying.

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

I loved Houndog's. Best sauce.

RubixTube's picture

seriously dating myself, but in the realm of cheap pizza on campus, Babyface (Chittenden & Pearl) used to rule the roost. 

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

RenegadeBuckeye's picture

You should be more ashamed about getting drunk in the middle of the afternoon just to watch soccer. It's  nothing but a third world pussy sport, child's game. 

-10 HS
sox33osu's picture

There could've been a Major League Welding match. Day-drinking when it's sunny and warm is my right as an American.

+15 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

Well make up your mind dude...did you get drunk to watch the WC, or just because the weather was nice?

-10 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Am I the only one that actually prefers LilC's over Pizza Hut and Dominos? I get burnt out on the same thing over and over and there was a time I had a apartment next to PH and Dominos. Couple years later and just the smell of either would trigger my gag reflex and I would have to cover my face with my shirt.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

DannyBeane's picture

If we're talking megacorporation pizza then Donato's is probably my favorite. However my favorite medium chain pizza is Cassano's from back home in Dayton. Good lord I could kill myself on that pizza...

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Donatos & Cassanos - god I love them both! As a Floridian, I'd kill for either one of them right now!

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

@ Dannybeane

@Poison nuts: Groveport mentioned Pizza Hut and DOMINOS not Donato's.

LC sucks but its cheap and you get what you expect. You expect better from Pizza Hut but recently it far from delivers (hah!)

Domino's can actually underprice LC's and I still won't touch that crap! 

Donato's, however proves that there is still a segment of the population who will live with price increases to keep the quality standards up. Pizza Hut went to crap to keep prices down and so did Domino's.

Chains like Donato's, La'Rosa's, and Skyline don't play that shit.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

I feel the hot dogs at Skyline have gotten smaller in the past few years.  Maybe I'm just getting bigger and expect more.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
cinserious's picture

They have gotten smaller and the prices have skyrocketed every year for the past ten+ years. its that quality that remains constant though. If they maintain that, regardless of price increases, the masses will remain loyal. Its a unique product with a loyal fanbase. I used to disparage the price increases until I realized how all the fast food joints I used to frequent said fuck it with quality. Ever since the economy went to shit, the majority of fast food restaurants decided to appeal to the 99c menu crowd and they had to lower the standards to meet that price point. A few chains stayed the course and now I understand why and appreciate it. 

One chain that raised prices AND (unfortunately) lost quality was BW-3's. 

JasonR's picture

Used to go to Cassano's in Lima all the time. Still the best pizza I've ever had.

RoyMunson's picture

My roommate did 2 of those in about 25 minutes. 

And no, he is not morbidly obese, he is probably about 6'1", 180.

I can do one, if I am really hating myself.

buckeyebfd's picture

I haven't been brave enough yet to try the rebirth of Lil C's. When I do pizza it's a local chain LaRosa's. Although back in the day I could kill a whole pizza from Gumby's

+4 HS
sox33osu's picture

When I was in college, Gumby's had a "pick two" menu. My roommate and I would always get the large one-item and large order of pokey sticks. God, we were sloths.

+1 HS
bigtenspeed's picture

We have a LaRosa's next to a Donatos here. I love LaRosa's but when I miss home, Donatos is my choice.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

So, I'm curious. Was your topping chipmunks?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

No but those MFers haven't been as loud this evening. 

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

I'm suddenly starving for some Casanos and breadsticks with both sauces.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

Nappy's picture

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself

Fan of bacon since 1981

+17 HS
sox33osu's picture

When I lived in Park my freshman year I took that approach with a Buckeye pizza from Adriatico's. I had never had it and thought "how big can it really be?" 

buckeyebfd's picture

And how much of it did you eat?

sox33osu's picture

Pfft, like 4 squares. 

+1 HS
Bluke221's picture

I have been craving that pizza for years. Live too far away from C-bus or Cincy to justify driving for a pizza to satisfy my craving unfortunately.

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

OSUStu's picture

That is when you find another more convenient excuse.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

BUCKSOMIES's picture

My son works at Adriatico's, fantastic pie there.

+1 HS
BigZ's picture

Loved me some Houndogs and Catfish Biffs, but Adriatico's is by far the best. Their thin crust is heavenly, and the deep dish is damn good too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I worked at a Chipotle to help get through college. Hand to God, I witnessed a living breathing human being eat 5 burritos in one sitting. He ordered 6, and took the last one home with him so I'm left to assume it was a road snack. It has haunted me for years, watching him tear apart the soft tortilla flesh like a starved lion tears into a fallen gazelle. There's nothing graceful about it, yet you just can't look away.

+7 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

My God those things are every bit of 2-3 lbs. a piece.  Was it Kobiachi the Japanese eating competitor? Takes me 2-3 sittings to eat  one bowl.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I have no way to accurately say this without sounding cruel, so my apologies if I offend anyone. If the man put two tusks in his mouth and did LITERALLY nothing else, he would win every Halloween contest he entered as a walrus (or Jim Bollman)

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

My best friend when I lived in the dorms played for OSU Rugby. I went with him to a couple of meetings our freshmen year as he wanted me to join. I didn't, but I did get to watch a guy put down 2 burritos, 2 oranges and a banana in 35 minutes. I didn't quite know what the topic of the meeting was, I couldn't look away. Dude was about 5'9" 245 and from what I gathered, was not a man to be trifled with.

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

WTF??????

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

You ate a Little Sneezer's?  Kind of reminds me of this:

I can't believe I had to make this.
+4 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

The Little Caesar's traditional $5 pizza is meh, but I gotta admit that their deep dish one is pretty damn good.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Thank you, Cannot believe no one has brought this up yet.  Hate on Caesar's all you want but man that deep dish is just so damn good! 

Tampabuckeye85's picture

Oh man how I miss cassano's. That's truely the worst part of moving to Florida so many year's ago. I diet every time I plan a trip back to visit. I smash a small pizza and a 10' steak sandwich every day I'm there and wash it down with skyline and frisch big boy for dessert. Good news is we have a skyline here in Tampa that has been here for years that I found out about. Wish I could start a cassano's franchise here.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Did you save the box?!

cinserious's picture

Those old Little Caesar's commercials always remind me of when that pizza was good as hell back in the day! MMMMMMM! Nowhere near what they put out these days.

FindlayBuck's picture

I ate a few entire Myles pizzas in Bowling Green in my younger days. A full order of sticks at Pollyeyes on occasion as well...

+4 HS
UFest57's picture

Myles' is great when fresh. The cheese is awful when you eat it cold...as ALL leftover pizza should be eaten. 

edr4225's picture

oh man, you telling all the Bowling Green secrets LOL,  you might as well include mr spots  These local food options were fantastic!!! 

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
FindlayBuck's picture

Forgot about Mr. Spots! Fantastic food there!!

Onionballz's picture

Spots beats all because they delivered beer (at least when I was there.....in the Triassic period).  Delivery guy would also pick up a pack of smokes for you if you knew him, and we knew them all.

Corner Grill for 3 am afterparty breakfast and abuse.

Yeah Baby! - KK

+1 HS
FindlayBuck's picture

They do still deliver beer and smokes as far as I know. Great service!

sox33osu's picture

FindlayBuck, I'm a Flag Cityer myself. I have to say, I was not that impressed with the chicken sticks from Pollyeyes. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but they were extremely doughy and didn't seem to be all the way done.

+1 HS
FindlayBuck's picture

That's a real shame! Those breadsticks have never let me down

Haubtimus Prime's picture

The misery of eating an entire pizza is much better than the frustration of trying to wedge a pizza box with your leftovers into the fridge.  No shame in your game. 

This from a man who once ate three Chipotle burritos in 26 minutes because a $25 Chipotle gift card (and manhood) was on the line. 

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Leftover pizza (anything really) must go into a plastic (bread) bag.  Otherwise, it gets stale/dry quick.  It also fits better that way.

shaggybuckeye's picture

Left over pizza? What is that?

Anyone remember Pizza Chef in Marion with their gi-freakin-gantic pizzas that were like the size of the table top? Ok maybe it just seemed huge cause I was like 8 the last time i had one before they closed.

bigtenspeed's picture

Yes! I only got to have it at end of season parties or birthday parties since my parents didn't seem to like it. Much better than Purple Indian.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Not left over pizza. You're just making future cold pizza which is best pizza.

+2 HS
UrbanDreamz's picture

It is too bad all you took home that day was your manhood.  Still more impressive than One Burrito Mike.

"Twelve months ago on Jan. 9, my mom's birthday, I made the decision to come back. I had one goal in mind and that was to win a national championship."  ~Mike Doss

Haubtimus Prime's picture

Is Gene still waiting for a date?

+1 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Thanks guys... I have not had Litte Ceasar's in probably 4 years. Due to this thread, I just picked one up on my lunch break.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.

"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I see this and all I think is:

look at Chandler go.
+1 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Hopefully you won't be in the bathroom shortly after your lunch break

buckeyefan333's picture

I can't help but laugh every time I see this thread title

+1 HS
osupolo's picture

In college I ate three barnyard busters from TJ's. The first two were because I was really hungry/inebriated.  The third one was because a friend said he would pay for my bill if I ate a third. I ate the third one but it wasn't worth it in the end.

bigbadbuck's picture

in the end? or maybe you meant coming out the end?

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

sox33osu's picture

In honor of Lebron coming back, I'm going to eat an entire deep dish H-N-R and regular crust H-N-R tonight. I'm even going to share with the chipmunks.

whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+4 HS
airbuckeye's picture

Thats the one thing i miss about Columbus when i moved here to Dayton is the Pizza. I have not found a could pizza place here yet and been here going on 5 years.

I sure the hell miss Minelli's pizza :( that was just the best pizza around that i had found. Use to love Shakey's over on hamilton rd back in the 70's plus Howdy's on 3 c highway all three of thos places knew how to make good pizza.

The there was  possem hollow in Obetz made the best hoggie's pizza was ok but nothing to write home about.

apack614's picture

You don't like Marion's ????

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
VarsityClubMD's picture

How did LaBamba Super Burrito stories not make their way into this thread?

Dot this