Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Favorite song right now?

RickKaneWasHere's picture
July 9, 2014 at 11:25am
99 Comments

Hey, just wondering what everyone's "song du jour" was right now?

RickKaneWasHere's picture

I gotta go with Cage The Elephant - "Come A Little Closer" ...

Can you put the past away?

+5 HS
AkronBuckeye13's picture

That whole album was pretty good.

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture

My little sisters went to HS and hung out with those guys. I met them when they were called something else when I was in BGKY visiting the family probably 10 years ago. They're really nice guys.

-The Aristocrats!

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

That was one of my favorites from 2013. Such a great song!

Squirrel Master's picture

could I be mistaken, is that woman shadow trying to attack him with her snizz?

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

averagejoel419's picture

Lee Brice-I dont dance

see how the mass of men worry themselves into nameless graves while here and there a great unselfish soul forgets himself into immortality

buckguyfan1's picture

Yesterday it was Rainbow in the Dark. 

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Holy Diver er er er er yeah yeah

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

"When there's lightning - it always brings me down" -- Ronny James Dio.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+3 HS
GoBucks713's picture

Don't ask Bassdroper

Lately I've been on a Faith No More kick, so I'm going with "The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies" by FNM.

-The Aristocrats!

+4 HS
OSUpawn's picture

What's wrong with One Direction?

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+4 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

"We don't give a damn (for the whole state of Michigan)"

Read my entire screen name....

+9 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I've been listening to this song like crazy lately...

And I'm incredibly excited about Spoon's new album and love what I've heard on the first single

And this performance from War on Drugs on Letterman Monday night is just freaking incredible...

+4 HS
Unky Buck's picture

And I'll add these in there too since my list needs a little hip hop and this song has been popping up on my running mix often and I love it...

And this song has gotten constant play for about 10 months right now...

+3 HS
bukyze's picture

I don't think Spoon ever makes a bad song.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

So true! Even as minimalistic Transference was, there were so many amazing tracks.

CincyBuckeye04's picture

Is it just me or does that drummer for War on Drugs look like Shooter McGavin? Are those drums rentals Shooter?

Unky Buck's picture

Haha, he does a little. It was driving me crazy as to who that guy looks like and I think you nailed it.

On a side note, the guy playing bass is the brother of a really good friend of mine too. This is the second time he's played on Letterman (the first I believe was as a supporting member for St. Vincent).

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Not normally my style, but "Rude" by Magic! is a damn good song. I'm also really liking "Hollywood in Kentucky" by Black Stone Cherry. 

+1 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture
+3 HS
exnwohiobuckfan's picture

My wife and stepdaughter love that song. I ended up with it stuck in my head. It took all my will power to keep me from ending my life.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

She's got such a neat butt.

703Buckeye's picture

Big Data - Dangerous

Good song but strange video...

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+7 HS
KBonay's picture

Upvote for you!

+2 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

I think I like the Backspacer album better than Lightning Bolt (two newest albums), but this is still a good song.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I have Lightning Bolt ahead of them in my Pearl Jam album rankings. Granted it's new, but I find that there are more tracks on this album that I continuously want to listen to as opposed to the previous 3 albums. Since I said I have a PJ album ranking, here it is:

1. Vitalogy
  2. Ten
  3. Yield
  4. Vs
  5. No Code
  6. Lightning Bolt (although this and Binaural can easily be swapped, IMO)
  7. Binaural
  8. Backspacer
  9. Riot Act
  10. Pearl Jam (or as it's commonly called, Avocado)

WesPatterson23's picture

The whole Regional at Best album! I don't think Twenty One Pilots can make a bad song.

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

The whole Regional at Best album! I don't think Twenty One Pilots can make a bad song.

+1 HS
mr.green's picture

Yes. But if i had to pick one song ..,. Car Radio.

Katzfan's picture

I'll probably take a beating over this one but lately, what keeps popping up in my head is Bruno Mars - Young Girls.....

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

+1 HS
Katzfan's picture

I'll probably take a beating over this one but lately, what keeps popping up in my head is Bruno Mars - Young Girls.....

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got nine guys who better go do it again. Do it a little harder next time." -- Urban Frank Meyer  -- I LOVE THIS DUDE!! :)

+2 HS
Katzfan's picture

Apologize for the double post...When I hit save, it told me that 11W had crashed.  I refreshed and saw where it posted twice... My apologies guys and gals...

+1 HS
Katzfan's picture

Apologize for the double post...When I hit save, it told me that 11W had crashed.  I refreshed and saw where it posted twice... My apologies guys and gals...

+1 HS
seafus26's picture

Anything Soundgarden. After not touring for 16 years I saw them at a small dive in Houston in March. They were awesome. I'm seeing them again as they return to Htown in August opening for NIN (should be other way around).

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

+2 HS
seafus26's picture

Anything Soundgarden. After not touring for 16 years I saw them at a small dive in Houston in March. They were awesome. I'm seeing them again as they return to Htown in August opening for NIN (should be other way around).

Go Bucks and michigan STILL SUCKS!

+2 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

I was not a fan of King Animal, but the Badmotorfinger/Superunknown/Down on the Upside albums are killer. I'd like to see more of that. 

Curt Heinrichs's picture

I was not a fan of King Animal, but the Badmotorfinger/Superunknown/Down on the Upside albums are killer. I'd like to see more of that. 

Son of Sevenless's picture

I saw them last year at rock on the range. The act before soundgarden was alice in chains. Two great bands.

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

did they have a staley impersonator?

exnwohiobuckfan's picture

They played Sunfest in west Palm a month or so ago. I couldn't bring myself to see them without Lane Staley

Son of Sevenless's picture

Duvall is actually a great singer and the band still sounds great. Obviously he is no Staley, but still surprisingly good.

hit_the_couch's picture

Soundgarden, yes. Superunknown and Temple of the Dog...especially this song from Wayne's World

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Katzfan's picture

Danify's picture

Call me weird, but every morning I wake up with "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. Always get me going in the morning.

-3 HS
KBonay's picture

Still have the 'Fever' with The Black Keys

+5 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture
+5 HS
Bluke221's picture

^This. And This...

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

WesPatterson23's picture

+3 HS
Smanpoint10's picture

Great album and a great band from the great state of Ohio

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Spice Girls, Wannabe.

why, because I can!

zig a zig.....ahhhhhhhhhh!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
BigZ's picture

Im so out of touch these days, dont even know half the stuff you guys are mentioning lol

RBuck's picture

Same one it's been for about 40 years...Cortez The Killer--Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+1 HS
Onionballz's picture

For the Turnstiles here!

+1 HS
RBuck's picture

Great song from a great album...On The Beach.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

buckeyebfd's picture

Saw Neil do Cortez the Killer in Toledo when Pearl Jam brought him out for their encore,  one of my best concert moments ever. The kids sitting in front of us said,  "who's that old dude?" when Neil walked on stage

+2 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

Yes! All of the upvotes. One of my personal favorites. 

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Stone in Love-Journey

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Just to name a few

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Funny. First time I heard Riptide, didn't like it at all. Now I can't get it out of my head. 

jeremytwoface's picture

That's exactly how I felt...

KBonay's picture

Similar feelings on this song, which is unique, told from finish to start, as the title states "Reverse"

buckeyebfd's picture

OK Go has some of the most inventive videos, haven't had a bad one yet that I've seen

Codeezy's picture

Front porch step - drown. 

buckeyebfd's picture

It's not a favorite song right now,  but REM recently released a double cd of their two Unplugged shows.  Those cds haven't left my car yet, makes me a little sad that I won't be able to see them live again.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

We made it- Drake

-1 HS
Rocket Man's picture

There's a Tear in my Beer - Hank Jr. & Old Hank

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

On a classic (70's) Heart kick...Ann Wilson's voice is a Rock and Roll treasure.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

jeremytwoface's picture

Not sure if you have seen this, but it's incredible... John Bonham's son is on drums.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Chills.

Tks for the share, J2F.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

robert was pretty stern faced

jeremytwoface's picture

He actually is crying a bit during the song... 

sox33osu's picture

It's been either "I've Seen All Good People" by Yes, or anything by St. Lucia.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Counting Crows Mr Jones

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Broods- Never Gonna Change

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
mshaf's picture

These kind of topics always make me feel old. I don't know 90% of the bands and songs you guys are talking about. Sheesh

Buck Commander's picture

Judas Priest .........Painkiller

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

buckeyehub's picture

Can't narrow a favorite song, but I have a few favorite artists that people should look at!

Ben Howard, Lewis Watson, Hudson Taylor, Kodaline are more unknown names

Ed Sheeran, Jason Mraz, Vance Joy are more recognizable.

All are equally amazing in my books!

“Anyone can run the option. I can run the option.” - Urban Meyer
Let's beat the snot out of *ichigan.

Fly Patterns's picture

James Blake- Retrograde. It's played on the show The Leftovers on HBO. can't upload a tube video on my movie but the link is below.
James Blake - Retrograde (Live on David Letterman): http://youtu.be/nKd6-AG27m8

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I promise that at least one of these is serious.

Remy's picture

I've been listening to Kasabian's new album 48:13.

The first single:

A Kasabian classic that my kids like to sing:

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

hit_the_couch's picture

This song from Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. I love that damn movie...and the childhood favorite song I'm  a Little Teapot.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Rob Reese's picture

I realize I'm a decade or two too late to the party for Billy Idol, but this song and ANYTHING with this girl in it is an insta-hit with me today.

BoFuquel's picture

Jesus Love's Me: that's my fav. yesterday, today, and forever. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

faux_maestro's picture

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

hodge's picture

Mingus is the man.

+1 HS
GoBucks713's picture
I like to dance

I can't believe there isn't any Flynt Flossy love on this board

-The Aristocrats!

hodge's picture

Trance blues?  Trance blues.

Buckeyeneer's picture

Simple Song - The Shins

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

Gametime's picture

Royalty - Mali Music.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

UrbanDreamz's picture

Have you guys heard this new hit?

"Twelve months ago on Jan. 9, my mom's birthday, I made the decision to come back. I had one goal in mind and that was to win a national championship."  ~Mike Doss

+2 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

I post this on Facebook every year on President's Day, it's become a tradition unlike any other

+1 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

The new Mastodon album is tremendous. Came out 2 weeks ago and has been on constant replay in my car. 

+1 HS
JasonR's picture

I was going to say the same thing. Don't think I can even pick a song, the whole album is just killer.

Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

What no Hang On Sloopy by TBDBITL?

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS