Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Former Buckeyes Fireballer, Jake Hale is Doing Great Things

VintonCountyBuck's picture
July 3, 2014 at 8:50pm
3 Comments

Former Buckeye, Jake Hale, whose mother recently passed away from her battle with cancer has established a charity fund in order help local children.

Taken from Jake and his girlfriend Whitney's donation page:  

http://makeawishohio.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/mobileDonorPledge.asp?ievent=1093435&lis=1&kntae1093435=210CD134B08848979F277A4253058ADC&supId=402599707&team=0&scWidth=320&extSiteType

Help in honoring Paula Hale by donating or walking with us, and when you support Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana your gift will help grant the wishes of local children who are battling life-threatening medical conditions.

Whitney also Congratulates Jake on making the 2014 Alantic League All-Star Squad to be played in Sugarland Texas. I haven't seen a press release or anything as of yet to verify this, I just happened to read it on my Facebook page. So take it for what it is worth.

The official roster is supposed to be released the week of July 7th and can be found here

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Great find, thanks for sharing!

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+3 HS
Remy's picture

VintonCountyBuck, Hopefully they will surpass their goal of $500. Thanks for spreading the word on this worthy cause.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+2 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Seems like there was a fire after all:

CAMDEN, N.J.--Three members of the Camden Riversharks have been named to the 2014 Atlantic League All-Star roster, the league announced today. They will join the Atlantic League All-Star Team assembled to challenge the Sugar Land Skeeters on Wednesday, July 16th at Constellation Field in this Texas vs. East Coast showdown. Right-handed starter Jake Hale, centerfielder Alex Hudak, and right-handed pitcher Matt Gorgen were voted onto the team. Hale will be unable to participate due to injury and has been replaced by Riversharks relief pitcher, T.J. Hose.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4827607

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.”