Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

OH_IO's picture

As a religious O&A listener, I couldn't bring myself to click on this thread at first. But the Black Keys and John Mayer hooked me in. Thanks for posting. 

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Can't listen to O&A without Patrice O'Neal. Just not the same.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
OH_IO's picture

Such a shame.  Patrice was one of a kind.  I love scouring YouTube for all of his appearances.  Like one of my personal favorites, the rock coat.

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

My brother downloaded about 21 of his O&A appearances to my ipod. That is hours and hours of entertainment. Still trying to find the Face/off one, and the one where he laughs at Bobo.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

The average Howard fan listens for one hour a day.  Main reason given "could not wait to see what he says next."

The average Howard hater listens for one hour and ten minutes per day.  Main reason given "could not wait to see what he says next."

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Stern is a legend. I know he bothers some people, but I really enjoy how he has used radio (and a bit of TV); its pretty incredible that a radio host could accomplish what he has given the insane amount of over-reliance on TV to get information. Happy Birthday Howard Stern. 

+1 HS
Sabaneatspuppies's picture

This thread makes a lot more sense when you read it as Howard Stern and not David Stern

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+2 HS
sharks's picture

I stayed home freshman year at CSU before going out to Indiana,  and I remember several occasions where I'd be sitting in the parking garage in the morning praying that Howard would go to commercial (back in the 98.5 days) so I could go to class.  Just couldn't turn the radio off if he was still on.

I didnt migrate to Sirius when he did, and I heard the show lost something when the rules went out the window, but I do know that O&A, Rover, and the rest would have never made it had the King of all Media not blazed the trail.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS