Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Johnny Manziel?

airbuckeye's picture
June 27, 2014 at 4:56pm
14 Comments

I saw a story on this spoiled brat on my front page but everytime i click on the story it will not let have it. So i thought i would ask if anyone here has read anything on it about him saying he is not changing who he is. Plus it said something about his teammate are getting tried of it or him either one which im not sure of and was hoping someone knew something about it.

Fatpants's picture

Heard something about it. Want to see him succeed but he's going to have to get his ego in check.

ohhiyo's picture

he' 21 yrs old, i'm a browns fan and hate espn. those 3 things make it hard to actually care

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

His teammates aren't getting tired of him, Terrance West (rookie RB) said he is getting annoyed by the media asking him about Johnny everyday and they are making it a distraction. 

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
RBuck's picture

I guess nobody around here remembers a QB known as "Broadway Joe" Namath. Joe would have given Manziel lessons on how to party.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+4 HS
MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Johnny Football? ... 

more like Johnny Ping Pong

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Manziel said he's tired of the hype, tired of his teammates having to answer questions about him, and tires of people posting his every move on social media sites. He also said he knows it won't stop. He actually said something intelligent for once.

TraSmith4's picture

Not to condone or defend Johnny here but there are stories of star athletes behavior in the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's that would make Johnny look like a choir boy. The difference is that Johnny has to deal with the paparazzi types like TMZ, anyone who has a cell phone and the social media frenzy in general but they never did. I think he will be fine, I hope he becomes a huge star in Cleveland and hopefully the older he gets the wiser he gets as most of us do in life. I thought he had a lot of good things to say in the article, the headline was kind of misleading but that is what get's people's attention.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It's funny how now that he's with the Browns, people here are defending him.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

I've always defended Johnny. He's really no different than any other college football player/ now NFL player. The difference is he was the first freshman to win the Heisman so he the media focused on him from an early age.

DIRECTIONER

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I've always defended Johnny.

More damning words have never been spoken.

+2 HS
airbuckeye's picture

Thanks for all the info updates i was just wondering what was in that story because sometimes there are stories on my homepage on Yahoo that just will not work. Never could figure out why but after 3 tries at a story i just let it go and stop clicking on it.

sharks's picture

When I was a new grad, I got bombed with regularity on the weekends.  Never affected my 9-5, so I find it hard to care about his money phone.  If he has condoms, a designated driver, and a liver that can handle it, I say have at it, money phone and all.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture
+1 HS