Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

BTN Reaches Deal in MD and NJ

rdubs's picture
June 27, 2014 at 1:20pm
10 Comments
Byaaaahhh's picture

Comcast? Sorry, man.

+1 HS
rdubs's picture

It's either that or put a dish on my row home.  Not much in the way of options.  Also I am still paying the intro rate 3 years later because I threaten to cancel every time it runs out.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The clouds are clearing in central Maryland...

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

FiOS has always had it.  As a matter of fact, that was the only reason I picked Verizon.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I've had FiOS for about 6 years now and have had BTN everyday of it... just perfect. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

AGAB's picture

Congratulations to JD and BTN !! It has made inroads into the new markets with ease. That is what happens when a conference has over a half million alums living in the DC to NYC corridor. I am laughing because the SEC Network is six weeks to launch, and no major providers are lining up to sign on !!! No one outside the SEC footprint cares to watch SEC sports.  I seriously doubt that there are many viewers in B1G  territory that care to watch the SEC Network. Can you imagine interviews with SEC athletes ? What a comedy session that would be  !! 

+1 HS
hetuck's picture

The conversion of cable viewers in the metro NY/DC markets to basic tier from sports packages (est. $1 vs. $.10) alone will pay more than the SEC Network when fully implemented. 

Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Can we please invest in some production and some personnel talent?  They make enough money. Afford some people that are palatable. 

CarolinaBuck's picture

Now that we've signed up all of the cable companies in the NYC and DC areas, do we still have time to tell Rutgers and Maryland to hit the road?