Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

What the Hell Game of Thrones

ITWASME's picture
June 1, 2014 at 10:25pm
114 Comments

Seriously Game of Thrones? Damn you George RR Martin the story is so compelling but you just crushed my soul

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Yeah but Sansa can get it though

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

The moment Ned Stark lost his head, you should have known nobody was safe.

Its actually much worse in the books. You're inside many of these people's heads at one time or another, reading their thoughts as they happen. This makes events much more difficult to take.

The tv series does any amazing job that in some ways beats the books, but the books have so much more depth and subtlety. Plus whole story lines that the series has had to skip.

Nobody is safe. Nobody.

when I read The Red Wedding scene I literally threw the book across the room and swore I would never read another word. Yeah, right.

+5 HS
ITWASME's picture

It was more like I really really REALLY just loved that look on her face when the Mountain was about to die and she finally knew what it felt like to lose then that stuff happened and she got that shit eating grin on her face and it was just awful

cplunk's picture

I hear ya. Believe me, TV Cersei is actually more like-able than Book Cersei. Hard to believe, I know.

With the exception of everything Frey, she is my most hated. 

+1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Knew it was coming and was still like.... "daaammnn"

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+3 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture
asd

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

OH_IO's picture

#ummmmmmwut

Oh yeah... Is it reasonable?

-1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

I just wish they didn't make a point to show some dude rubbing down a spear then show a close, proximal strike to the Mountains leg....that epic battle that ended in brutal fashion sure had some interesting cinematography. Odd too, isn't it? That the question Oberyn kept asking-rather the accusation he kept making-got its credence right at the very end of the episode....

That name 'Viper" sure does imply some shit, don't it?

Do I come off as arrogant? Shame on me, I was hoping it would more obvious.

William's picture

And the fact that his squire was rubbing something on the blades of his spears...

+1 HS

Hmmmmmm.....Very interesting.

William, you strike me as a bookish type. One who knows how this whole story goes (or should go, for that matter). Ever find yourself fighting the urge to crush the bug in the palm of your hand and ruin the enjoyment of those who 'don't know' the story?

Its literally KILLING me right now. Slowly. Not at first...like if you saw me, you'd be like "ahhh Brewsters' is fine" but over time, it would just wear me out. Like I'd sit here and think I had this whole shit won....then eventually, I'd be all sad...then BOOM, I'd feel like I took a shot to the gut. A really, really hard shot to the gut. But not when I was thinking I'd get it. I'd be walking around all "haters gon' hate" and think I had the world by the short and curly's....then before you know it..... I'd be so friggin mad. For a few seconds.

The Red Wedding ain't got shit on @@#$@#$@#$'s @#$@#$@#$ death in the #@#$@#$@#$.

-1 HS
William's picture

I think it's going to be very interesting with how close they will stick to Tyrion's path in the books. They also completely screwed up Jorah's banishment, he was banished right after Mereen was taken. 

+1 HS

Yeah, though the time continuum is pretty tough to nail down in one hour episodes as well. Because so much of what is read happens during the same time over the course of the books, HBO is up against it trying to make a TV show that makes sense from a flow standpoint while keeping close to the original material. Bits like that don't bother me a ton. I'm still pretty bitter the greatest line in the book was ruined. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" did not need to be messed with. But it wouldn't have made sense to the viewers since they didn't show the exchange that took place between Roose and Jaime. That one still stings. With that said, I thought they got the fight with Oberyn and Mountain down cold, even the way it ended was far more brutal. Smashing  his face in with a fist is one thing, literally ripping his head open with your bare hands? Well done HBO.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow Ok Ok some people read the fucking books but want to insinuate the "Viper" poisoned his spear. Cool shit man, please try to refrain from spoiling such things for the 95% of folks that havent read the books. Its a bitch move. Everyone isnt blessed enough to be able to watch TV live either.  Put ~~SPOILER~~ in the headline of the topic. Brewster has been pushing this every single fucking time a person mentions a GOT topic. It isnt cool and it doesnt make you look fucking smart. Makes you a DICKHEAD for those that might have clicked and had no clue you were going to ruin this episode and future episodes so you could feel the like the cool guy in the gym locker room. I mean this in all good spirit but seriously ruining something without a big giant ~~~~SPOILER~~~~ in the headline is a move known as cold hearted all across the web. Look it up, people have been hunted down and shot for it. =)~

Wow and sure enough as I type my post out he admits and commits more treason. I'll stay away from these threads if we have to worry about guys trying to measure our nut sacks while we piss. Good day worm.

P.S. These couple of CLOWNS  above have edited their comments since I originally posted this. One of the downfalls of the new website I suppose. The ability to edit shit after others have replied and went to sleep is not always a good thing. Some take advantage of the situation. That is also a female trait.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-9 HS
William's picture

~~~~~~~SPOILER~~~~~~~ 

The book that this episode covered has been out for 14 years. 

~~~~~~~END SPOILER~~~~~~~

+4 HS

Seriously? Think that excuses trying to drop shit on people they arent ready for? Maybe put a "BOOK" or "TV" in the title and we can all steer clear from each other. Dont give a fuck if it was written in the 1800's dude it isnt cool to talk about it without alerting folks you are going to discuss it. Its a Bitch fucking move no matter what.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-9 HS
William's picture

Woah, let's simmer down. It's pretty obvious that the Mountain was going to die/is dead, the dude was impaled by a spear. What exactly have we said that drops new information on people? It was made clear at the end of that episode that the Mountain was dead, along with Oberyn. 

+2 HS

I'm sorry buddy that episode Royally pissed me off, I still  stand by book people trying and wanting to ruin it for us folks that either didnt even know they existed or dont have the time to read the books. Its one of the best series to ever grace the "TV" screen. Right up there with the Wire The Sopranos and such. I feel like from here on maybe people should put "BOOK" or "TV" in the title to let fellow Buckeyes know what they might be reading. Ive had shit I was highly interested in spoiled for me before by people who thought it made them so cool to say what had happened and it hurt pretty deep. I apologize and maybe you didnt catch the playful tone or maybe I actually went off the deep end. Either way I'm going to wake up pissed with the outcome and I would hate for somebody to not get to witness that horrible shit themselves. Peace bro.

-6 HS
logamaniac's picture

Or maybe don't go reading threads that come out right after an episode you haven't seen yet airs?  

+3 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Let's try to find more constructive ways to ask people to give spoiler alerts, deal?

My bad Jason,and yeah deal. Maybe we can add it to some type of comment policy. I was in the wrong as usual but I seem like the only one that wants to  step up and take my lashings. Not really fair to everyone who hadnt had a chance to "Not enjoy" the episode. I know it doesnt seem like a big deal from the outside looking in but I promise it can be crippling. I'll lighten my load no matter what, but I feel the booksters should join reddit if they want to discuss things everyone feels super smart for reading 15 years ago.

-3 HS
ITWASME's picture

Hey man I usually make a thread pretty close to right after airing and I'd be glad to put ~~~SPOILER~~~ in the title if that deters people from reading who haven't seen the episode

+1 HS

It wasnt you buddy.....Its the book people sitting there like little girls in a high school lunch room that just cant help but spilling their guts. Its a female trait and us men shouldnt have to worry about it. If you told your best friend you DVRed the game not to talk about it would you want him to ruin it for you like a little 14 year old girl? I suppose not, and this TV series is rare in that it has a bunch of book worms following with regular viewers. They some how feel superior because they read the shit years ago. If you are not a high school girl it shouldnt burn you up to not spill the beans. We can accomplish this with a simple "TV" or "BOOK" in the title of the thread. Not asking for a lot here.

-9 HS
Riggins's picture

Its a female trait and us men shouldnt have to worry about it.

Find another site, please. That is some disgusting shit to read and I'm a guy.

+5 HS

Find another site to read? No its high school little girl bullshit and if you dont like my words and they are so disgusting then you find another site to read. Not the one to try to puff your chest out too lil bub. And why in the fuck if you are a guy would that be disgusting? Google it....Its well known females cant keep in secrets or information better then "actual" men. Not a put down its actual science.

-10 HS
Jack Fu's picture
-3 HS
jedkat's picture

You can call me Jedkat, JF.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

SOF_Buckeye's picture

One way might be to stay away from these threads entirely, if you don't want any indication of either what just happened on the first airing of an episode (if you DVR it), or what might by upcoming in future episodes. No spoilers to those folks and everything is fresh and new when they watch it. It also keeps the repetitive griping about ruining the show/story. However, curiosity tends to take over, and one clicks on a thread  like this, and the 'Groundhog' day of complaints begin anew.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+1 HS

Yes that seems reasonable to you, venture to other sites and see they have actual rules about ruining it for others. The only problem I have came across on this site is those that have read the books, and those of us that watch the TV series. Those that read the books and know what we do not know what is going to happen like to giggle and give little hints and think they are looking cool because they know something we dont. We can solve the problem just as easy as I explained by putting "BOOK" or "TV" in the title. Doesnt even have to say spoiler. Some of us aint cool enough guys to read through thousand of pages to find out what happened to a dragon or a castrated man. Keep it on a respectable level is all I am asking. Thats a womans nature to tell stuff she knows a man is just dying to know. If its women doing it then I will fully apologize.

-10 HS
AndyVance's picture

You know what Groveport, I was with you up until this post:

"Some of us aint big enough dorks to read through thousand of pages to find out what happened to a dragon or a castrated man. Keep it on a respectable level is all I am asking."

Those two sentences are probably the most offensive I've ever read at this site, and I think you did your argument a huge disservice. Reading books - especially literature of Martin's calibre - is not something to be ridiculed. So you didn't read the books - that's fine. So you're offended that the readers of the series dropped some hints - I get it, and I don't necessarily disagree. But going on a rant and calling the quasi-spoilers "dorks," and stating that their issues are "female traits" or "woman's nature" is crass, ridiculous and completely unwelcome.

If you're going to throw a hissy fit about something on a message board of the quality at 11W, do it in a way that doesn't sound like it came from a middle school locker room, okay?

Not to mention, your second sentence - that we should keep it respectable - was completely contradicted by the previous sentence. Hypocrisy much?

+13 HS

If you knew I did 365 days in solitary confinement and read a 450 page novel every single day would you allow me to speak like that. John Grisham,IceBerg Slim,Stephen King,Dean Koontz.ect..ect ..I was a avid reader at one time and I seriously do not mean the the label. I  am envious that I am not able to read like I use too Andy. I certainly didnt mean it as a weapon but maybe a tiny bit out of jealousy. Sorry to offend you but those of us with a lot of small kids can not afford the time to read, but we still wouldnt like those who can to ruin stuff for us buddy. And mentioning a dragon and a army of castrated men doesnt seem like a contradiction. Not sure how you was with me up until that point, because that was probably one of my more tame and stable statements.

-9 HS
AndyVance's picture

I get it - I have a 15-month-old daughter and can't read as much as I used to. I also get your original complaint about spoilers. But what you've done here is more or less throw a tantrum, and thrown all of the "readers" in the group under the same bus as the spoilers. It may not have been your intention, but perhaps reading your posts before you hit "save" would be a good practice for future posts...

+5 HS

I did throw a tantrum and basically admitted it was half because I didnt like what happened on the show. I'll bow out and apologize and crown you King for the day. I make mistakes and most of them have to do with alcohol. I'm a big enough man to step up to that plate. I havent meant to offend anyone and I'd dare anyone to compare books they read to mine. Take it I'm only 35 but I have a few spots in my life where I knocked a novel out a day and that isnt a joke. I gave 3 years of my life up to avenge my  little sister and it was maybe the best 3 years of my life.

-5 HS

Andy seriously? Those "TWO" sentences are the most offensive you have "EVER" seen on this site? Lets keep things in the real World. If those are the 2 worst sentences you have ever seen on this site then I call complete and utter BullShit. I'll admit when I have spoke out of turn or offended a fellow Buckeye but thats a load of Horse manure my buddy. You got offended by  what I said about book readers but had little clue I  have probably read more novels then most people on here. Thats cool and I apologized for that but please do not try to stretch things out and make them worst then what they actually are. Thats another trait my wife cant abandon. =)

-10 HS
brylee's picture

Please step away from the ledge and take a deep breath.

+4 HS
AngelHeartsBuckeyes's picture

A female trait?

Interesting.

Buckeye born and bred. Buckeye til I'm dead.

+1 HS
jedkat's picture

So, is Oberyn going to be ok???!!

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+6 HS

Well the great DJ has informed us TV watchers that the great OG Oberyn is now going to arrive into the story. I had a strong connection to what Prince Oberyn stood for and If he has family ready to ride out like he did I can make some transference.

-2 HS
Furious George 27's picture

Merely a flesh wound

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+2 HS

Mosquito bite?

-1 HS
JLBNYC's picture

We will call it a draw

+1 HS
yrro's picture

As someone who has read the books...

MUAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH

*breathes*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

-1 HS

You son of a bitch...Where do you live, or how do you live with yourself? LOolOoOLlOoLLooll

-2 HS
Flyermike's picture

Groveport, the book readers might actually be in the same situation as those that only watch the tv series.  Unless I am mistaken, Martin hasn't finished writing all the books, and HBO already knows how he wants the story to unfold.  If that's the case, the tv series might conclude before the books do.  

+1 HS

Yes I guess he hasnt finished "ALL" the books yet,but smart guys like Brewster tell us last nights episode was written about 14 sum years ago. Most of the stuff we are currently watching the guys that are able to actually read already know the outcome. It makes them feel empowered and I'm not sure why.

-6 HS

Awww you think I'm smart?

+4 HS

Think you are quite the smart ass my friend.

-2 HS

Wait a minute....that's all you took from my comments? Believe me, I hinted at way more than an insignificant character like the friggin Mountain.

Sorry for being a dork and reading book but thank you for the entertainment. And of course the subsequent cop out of blaming booze-that was a page out of the ol B.S. playbook. Regardless, I guess I need to be less subtle next time because you didn't catch everything I was throwing.

I've given nothing away to date. I've not said who dies, or doesn't, I've not said who gets betrayed, who doesn't. I've pushed the envelope a little to get a reaction-5 stars on yours by the way, easily the best to date. As has been stated, this is material that is almost old enough to drive. In other news, Soylent Green is people, Bruce Willis is already dead, and Simba comes back to take Pride Rock from Scar.

+6 HS
AndyVance's picture

...also, Dumbledore and Dobbie both die.

+4 HS

Oh now I'm the one pulling B.S. out of the old playbook? I believe you just Flea Flickered me then my dude. I dont recall saying anything to you about booze. Yes you have been like a eager little teen trying to give hint after hint in every thread that has ever mentioned G.O.T. Dont know if it is in your genetic makeup or if the information you are sitting on makes you feel that damn antsy. I could give 2 flying fucks like I said earlier if the shit was written in the late 1800's..If us folks that have children and dont have time to read it then dont fucking try to ruin it for us Forest. Simple shit and if you cant respect it then we will find a way to live our lives otherwise. Not sure if serious. Funny how you  jump in the conversation so late you didnt have time to actually read I was a novel aficionado myself. Nice reading jack wagon. =)~

-8 HS

I have a kid too. So high five? High Five.

I actually read all five books (4.5, finishing Dance right now) in a year. The Reins of Castamere was exactly a year ago today. After all the outrage the episode caused, I actually had a goal to finish the books or at least get ahead of the show. I've only started watching HBO's rendition this season. I started doing it because I saw an excellent opportunity to troll my friends who were glued to the show and wouldn't you know it, they are really damn good reads. Regardless, I must be some sort of turbo nerd who doesn't have a kid, a wife, interests, and a job that takes up 50 hours of my life if I have gotten through roughly 5500 pages in a year.

It is fun though. You get so mad yet I've told you literally nothing of importance. Its almost as if I'm doing it intentionally to get a reaction all while preserving the integrity of a really amazing story-or was that nerdy? Or am I acting like a girl (because that's a bad thing, sweet sexism bro)? I lose track.

This was fun.

+3 HS

I've only started watching HBO's rendition this season. I started doing it because I saw an excellent opportunity to troll my friends who were glued to the show and wouldn't you know it, they are really damn good reads?

Seroiusly? You saw an "EPIC" opportunity to troll your actual "friends" but are acting like you havent been trying to drop shit on this site for quite awhile? And with that the cold steel of the mic drops.

-4 HS

So being a girl is bad is the point you are ultimately making. Glad you at least admit your own sexism.

Yeah, that is exactly why I did it. I was through the works of an author I found by accident, needed a new summer read (because I'm a nerd) and figured ASOIAF(A Song of Ice and Fire-the name of the Saga) was worth a look because it was so popular on HBO and it gave me the added fun of messing with people. Again, I've yet to give away a thing. I've implied but anyone who worries about a spoiler lets their own mind run wild, and I have a little fun doing that. When what is going to happen happens, you'll probably say "Oh I didn't see that coming". I have fun baiting, I'm not going to give anything away.

+2 HS

Being a women is maybe the greatest thing on planet Earth. Being a sports centered Man and acting like a girl is another story for a different day. Hopefully you know I havent typed any of this in vein? ;) They are ruined from all the heroin in the late 80's. I'm having fun man I hope I havent made any enemies and I now have a fuller understanding of you Brewsters. Appreciate the back and forth it really makes me feel loved.

-5 HS
Riggins's picture

I'm having fun man I hope I havent made any enemies

Not unless you count the ~50% of the world's female population or book readers. You're doing great, champ. Keep swingin'.

+5 HS

Well shit,that would put you in both categories so I guess your the worm in my apple.

I'm not here to impress anyone or really even give a fuck about your feelings Riggins. Seems like I've already stole your home plate buster.

-8 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

Can you guys stop....yer ruining a decent thread....no one cares.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+4 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

The only reason I haven't ruined everything for Groveport is because I don't want to punish anyone else for his blatant misogyny. If 11w gets direct messaging, I'm going to message him the plot outline of every single chapter of every single book.

+9 HS
stevebelliseeya's picture

I can support this statement. I love women and books and comedy. Sometimes in that order. 

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Rosebud is the name of the sled.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Darth Vader is actually Luke's father, Annakin Skywalker.......... too soon?

+2 HS

The Jamaicans carry their bobsled over the finish line.

+3 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

You've got to be fucking kidding me!!! I just DVR'd that last night was going to finish watching it after work today!! Damn you Brewster!

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+1 HS
Wilkins78's picture

Ms. Scarlett did it.  Wait, no, it was Mrs. Peacock.  Wait, no, they all did it!  Except Mr. Green.  1+2+2+1

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

One of the greatest movies ever.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Should I tell you how the board game ends or would that upset people?

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

I think as long as you throw up a <SPOILER ALERT> tag on your post, it's okay. At least, that's what I took away from this thread. That, and if you read books you're a dork and/or a woman.

+3 HS
AngelHeartsBuckeyes's picture

The Titanic sinks. Shhhh

Buckeye born and bred. Buckeye til I'm dead.

+2 HS
CTBuckeyeFan's picture

Finkle is Einhorn

+3 HS

Laces out my man. Laces out.

OSUStu's picture

Your gun is digging into my hip...ugh

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

I didn't read the books. I don't watch the show.

something something Oberyn, something something spoiler.

+3 HS
Earle's picture

DEAD!! THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!

--end spoiler

Italics are for emphasis.

If they "ALL" actually died Earle you will be the first one, I track down with the scope.

-3 HS

DEAD!! THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!

Ser Robert Strong begs to differ.

-1 HS
Uncle_Buck's picture

This thread is out of hound.

+2 HS

+3 HS

After reading through this entire mess of a thread all I can say is...

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Well, this made for an entertaining start to my lunch break.  I haven't posted in quite some time and threads like this bring me right back into it.

Groveport, I get your point...kind of.  It's an internet thread, man.  No one is forcing your eyes to read it.  Discuss it with your friends, or whatever they are, at work.  If you don't want to know what happens, then simply click away.

P.S. I only read the first two books, does that make me 1/2 "dork?"

+2 HS

Nah man its something other folks do around the web and are serious about it and that is including a ~Spoiler~ tag on a simple headline. I had a great show ruined a few months ago(True Detective) when I accidentally strolled across the last 2 episodes accidentally. I dont mean any ill will towards anyone and Im trying to have fun with all this. P.S. I have no clue how many books are even in the series to know how far 2 would be, does that make me a "stud muffin"? =)~

-3 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Well the show doesn't exactly follow the timeline of the books.  They make everything seem like it's going on simultaneously, which it's really not.  But, I digress.

It's only a TV show though.  I mean, it's not going to ruin your life or anything.  It's like DVRing the game and getting pissed because you overheard someone talking about it.  You can still be pisssed, sure, but it's not in the responsibility of others to make sure you don't know about it.  This is unless you've otherwise laid the ground rules with your bros to not talk about it.

Maybe the spolier tag would have helped. I see it kind of as a slippery slope.  You remember when McDonalds got sued for not having HOT written on the coffee cups even though everyone ever knows that coffee is hot?  I see it kind of like that.  But, I am truly sorry if you feel as though you've been robbed from entertainment.

+1 HS

But thats kind of my point. If the "TV" folks are in a thread talking bout what they think is going to happen it gets a bit different when a "BOOK" guy tries to jump in the situation because he has a little info he feels like the rest of the lunch room chics want to hear. Yea I enjoy my TV when it is series that actually feel like they matter. Havent been many in my lifetime. Maybe 4 or 5.  Not a big deal man just something I feel fellow Buckeyes shouldnt do to each other. I'm pretty hard headed and not sure you or anyone can make me think people that drop spoilers on unsuspecting people are cool stuff. Pretty rotten feeling.

-2 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Your hardheadedness is obvious at this point but I don't think the guys discussing it were trying to be dicks.  A few of them have been on this site since I can ever remember and have posted a lot of noteworthy stuff so if they wanna chat GoT storyline then I personally have no problem with it.  Plus, they never really directly pointed out anything that happened/happens.  I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the season needs to get here ASAP and that maybe a change in the comment policy isn't necessary.

+1 HS

I agree on the season needs to get here ASAP. Ive been around quite awhile myself wither its been on one of many screen names thru the times. There has definitely been some folks who have not only dropped hints but couldnt hold themselves in and dropped straight information bombs. Its cool if nobody else has a problem with because I do and I  will speak up for myself. I like to partake and how we label the episodes we know what we are dealing with. But just labeling a thread so basic it makes folks want to click and maybe you see something that ends your life or maybe you are blessed with insider info that gets you off. Just something honest going folks around the web try to avoid and label otherwise. Not a giant deal but I got the day off so If you want to keep talking about this we can do it for the next few hours and have ourselves a Grand old time.

-2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

dont want to spoil anything, but it appears this is a show played by actors? my mind is blown worse than the viper's right now.

OMG man you saved my wifes life. I thought for sure the Red Viper was a goner. Nice play DJ you always seem to slide in with a stand up triple.

-1 HS

That's what basketball players in Iceland look like.

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Dammit DJ.  Does this mean that dragons and white walkers aren't real either?

+2 HS

I mean if these two actors are real life people then maybe this one might be too?

-1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Actors? Pfft.... that's the Lord of Light's work right there.... you're not foolin anybody :p

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

Poor ITWASME. All he wanted was to find someone with whom to commiserate over the death of a character he liked. Instead he got some sort of battle royale. 

+3 HS
ITWASME's picture

Seriously though I just wanted to discuss the episode XD

+2 HS

I apologize and take full responsibility for the extra curricular activities. I mean thats what real men do right? =)~

-6 HS
BED's picture

This is all I could think during the entire fight.  Was it just me?

The Ohio State University, College of Arts & Sciences, Class of 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Class of 2009

ITWASME's picture

No ITWASME too.

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

Absolutely Bed and you should have. I read in an interview with Pedro Pascal, who played Oberyn, that Martin wrote that scene's dialogue as an homage after watching The Princess Bride. 

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
BED's picture

Makes sense.  Glad I'm not crazy.

Although it was super distracting to me.

The Ohio State University, College of Arts & Sciences, Class of 2006
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Class of 2009

bleedscarlet's picture

I have gotten my 16 yr old son and my 68 yr old mother into this show. Last night I received the same text from them both.. "OMG". Hard to believe a show can capture such a wide audience.

ITWASME's picture

Here's a 16 year old boy who has gotten everyone in my family who is willing to watch a series hooked

+1 HS
Rocket Man's picture

I've read all the books and catch the shows when I can.  It's really good TV even when I know most of what's coming. 

Valar morghulis -- all men must die . . . the only question is which episode, or chapter, or wedding, it will happen.

"Statistics always remind me of the  fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." -- W. W. Hayes

DJ Byrnes's picture

logamaniac's picture

go home groveport, you're drunk

+2 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I can draw comparisons of unhappy GoT fans to pro wrestling fans who get pissed because their guy lost or a guy they hate won a scripted match.

Class of 2010.

+2 HS
BeijingBucks's picture

it was actually worse watching this episode after long ago reading these books... knowing and dreading the outcome of a character I didn't much care for in the book, but found awesome on the show.

I actually felt the books dragged a bit.  the show is much better paced, killing off characters as soon as you take a liking (or loathing) to them.

My money is on the white walkers right now as they're the only ones benefiting from all the dying.

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

+1 HS

Who would have thought the best open minded comment would come from Beijing? They really build them up right before they wipe them out of existence. My money is till on the Dragons or the Red Woman.

-1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Bro the White Walkers are actually the protagonists of the show. All these other bitches just took their land. (I have not read the books and if I have magically guessed some fucked up ending George RR Martin wrote I didn't mean to)

DJ Byrnes's picture

George R.R. Martin has joked everybody dies in the sixth book and the fifth book is just descriptions of wind blowing snow across the tombstones planted around Westeros.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

I just watched the new episode and finally clicked on this link.....I gotta say, after reading some of the comments here, it really wasn't that hard to not click on this thread until after I had watched the episode.  Even further still, I didn't find it that difficult to NOT finish reading Brewsters and Williams' comments to avoid potential spoilers.  Not that I don't respect those guys.  Just sayin man. 

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+2 HS

Neither one really meant any ill will thats for sure. I was a tad sauced up and looking for a long argument and like gentlemen they obliged. No biggie. Tomorrow we can argue about Fargo.

bleedscarlet's picture

I hope your gif remains the last post.... fitting end to that conversation

+2 HS