Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Bonnaroo

bucki5's picture
May 26, 2014 at 4:46pm
10 Comments

Hey,

I hate posting stuff like this, but my wife is fighting to win 2 VIP tickets to Bonnaroo on tunespeak.  We've always wanted to go and she's in a fight for first place.

If you have a few minutes please help us out by watching the Avett Brothers video.  If you have more time, click "Listen to the Avett Brothers" and browse some of their other media.

https://www.tunespeak.com/tl/NyOF7U93

Thank you and sorry.

BassDropper's picture

was going to check it out until you apologized 

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
bucki5's picture

Upvoted for awesome.

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

The Avett Brothers are awesome.

+3 HS
bucki5's picture

We've seen them about 10 times in concert now.  Great show!

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Agreed.

We have seen them quite a bit over the years. One time was actually at Bonnaroo in 2010. We are going to see them later this summer in Kettering. They are one of my favorite bands to see live.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

allinosu's picture

Bonnaroo memories, wow. I lived just outside of Manchester 15 yrs and did my clinicals for paramedic at Bonnaroo. Got my share of overdoses and dehydration experience there.

+3 HS
bucki5's picture

No doubt in my mind.  Wouldn't be a music festival without it.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

We went in 2010 and found out someone had died there from dehydration after we had left. Gotta drink a lot of water...

NW Buckeye's picture

Done.   Hope that helped.  Please let us know if you get the tickets!

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Good luck with the tickets...

Bonnaroo is a ton of fun in a lot of ways and absolutely miserable in others lol...

Me and my wife (then girlfriend) went back in 2010... We saw some awesome shows... Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Weezer, Conan O'Brian, Aziz Ansari, Flaming Lips, Black Keys, Avett Brothers.... Just to name a few.

I also watched the USA vs. England game of the 2010 World Cup at Bonnaroo.. That was a lot of fun.

If you've never been and you do end up going, make sure you get there very early Thursday morning. The site opens on Wednesday night I believe, but the traffic is much better early on Thursday... That's from what I hear at least. When we went, we couldn't leave until Thursday morning (coming from here in Central Ohio) so we didn't get down to Manchester until about 2 or 3pm and we thought we were making pretty good time. So we stopped about 20 minutes away and got some lunch and gas and then started towards Bonnaroo.

Then we waited in traffic. For about 9 hours. No joke. We got to our spot and set up our tent and it was about 12:30am. Lesson learned.

Another tip is to bring a ton of water... and maybe a small personal cooler to take it into the actual stage area... We had a small cooler that was actually a bag and it was a life saver. We would load up a bunch of water in it in the morning and then walk over to the stages (we had about a 3/4 mile walk from out tent to the stages). Ice is crazy expensive there but be prepared to spend the money... After the ice would melt I would throw my shirt in there and use it to cool myself down.

Also, be prepared to wake up incredibly early. The acts usually play until late at night and don't start the next day until around noon so you will want to sleep in a bit... But it's impossible unless you have an air conditioned tent/RV. It's so hot down there that you won't be able to sleep past like 8 because it's already 80 degrees by then.

Other than all of that, though, it was an amazing time. A lot of fun with a lot of cool people.