Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

B1G_Deal's picture

new york market always dependablle  .. remains some skeptyism  on colleg football viewing

pro football much more popular in new york and n. england areas

but this was alyays an investment first by delaney & compnay. sometimes pays off.

new york so much investment opportunitiees  ,, i closed INvestment deals for  60mm $ when clients have big time money for media related ads

this will be good invenstment for B1G and pays off wihint 4 years and market share ,

hit_the_couch's picture

Time Warner already carries the BTN. My friend lives in NYC and had it years ago. Time warner probably increased their monopoly and bought cable vision hence why they carry it too now. 

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

BOJ's picture

I am confident that the deal is not about whether people can get the network in the area, but what tier it is on.  You can get the BTN essentially anywhere in the country (and Canada), if willing to pay for it through sports packages--have been able to for some time; the deals are about getting it to lower tiers (e.g., basic cable), so the network gets more coin in its pocket.  Such as the case in other B1G footprint states where it comes on the basic cable package.  

Talking about only cable providers here and not satellite providers (which seem to have it on basic everywhere, at least it is on DirectTV here in DC)

hit_the_couch's picture

I see; that makes sense for it to be available in regular digital cable package, especially with the skyrocketing costs of cable.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Seattle Linga's picture

Well deserved for the best conference in the nation