Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Godzilla

ITWASME's picture
May 16, 2014 at 11:06pm
14 Comments

Just went and saw it and oh man did it deliver! Honestly one of the better movies I've seen in awhile and if you were thinking about seeing it definitely follow through with that plan

InTressITrust's picture

I am seeing it here soon. Some friends pretty much forced me to go and the more I read about it the more excited I get.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
William's picture

It was surprisingly good, way better than the Matthew Broderick shitcarnation. Liked the dark scenery of the final battle, and oh man that finishing move. 

+5 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Yeah, I thought Godzilla was going to do one thing and then he did what he did... badass.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Matthew Broderick

How dare you speak that name! :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

BassDropper's picture

Broderick is a badass.

DIRECTIONER

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

He destroyed Godzilla and Inspector Gadget. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Anything has to be better than that one with Matthew Broderick about 15 years ago. 

Seattle Linga's picture

On the agenda - bet its a lot better at the theatre

+1 HS
Brutus's picture

What do you guys think, ok for an 8 year old kid with a high tolerance for action and destruction, but not violence and gore? He loved Pacific Rim, which is the closest thing I can think of to compare Godzilla to.

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

There's not a whole lot of gore in the movie and the only real violence is between the monsters. 8 year old me would have loved the movie.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
Brutus's picture

I appreciate the quick response. The image of Godzilla itself doesn't faze him, but the music they use during the trailer has him wondering.  We'll see. What's the worst that could happen? A week without sleep and an irrational fear of radioactively mutated lizards. 

+2 HS
Crumb's picture

I thought it was a heck of a good movie. It had all the periphery messages that the old school ones were meant to have too, IE nature is truly in charge of this planet, not man, and nuclear energy is something that should always be taken very seriously, and it was able to get these messages across without branding anyone as 'evil'. Great movie with a decent message.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Awesome flick

O'Deez330
stark county football

TheBadOwl's picture

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.