Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Johnny manziel actually wants to play in cleveland

BassDropper's picture
May 16, 2014 at 4:46am
29 Comments

in an interview earlier today, Dowell Loggains the QB coach for the Browns, revealed that Johnny and he were texting back and forth on draft night, Johnny told Loggains, "I wish y'all would come get me." And then the trade was made. Pretty cool, not used to seeing players want to play for the Browns.

Here is the interview, the quote starts at 4:30

AngryWoody's picture

He probably was just embarrassed by how much his draft spot fell and wanted someone to take him before he slipped any more. Plus he probably had to pee from all of that water he was chugging.

Our Honor Defend!

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I wonder if that will change once Shazier sacks him a few times.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

He wants to play in Cleveland to make himself look like a decent NFL qb..

-1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

When you're the #1 or #2 player at any position and the 20th pick comes along and you're still on the board, you'd text any team and say "come get me."

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

As much as I didn't like him before the Brown's drafted him, I'm hearing a lot of good things about him since he was drafted.  He's saying all the right things.  I hope they aren't just lip service.

Read my entire screen name....

+2 HS
d5k's picture

This seems like no brainer but then you see Bridgewater's comments about not wanting to play for Cleveland.  Things you just don't say.

+2 HS
osu407's picture

If he succeeds cleveland will basically worship him, I can see that being appealing to some people. 

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Did someone tell the Browns this was a group text?  31 other teams got the same message.

+5 HS
AngryWoody's picture

He actually sent it to the homeless guy, who then forwarded it to the Browns ownership. It was then that they decided to pull the trigger.

Our Honor Defend!

+6 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Haha you stole that from ESPN's comment section, right?

Hovenaut's picture

I'll say y'all over youinz any day. Everyday if needed.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

There are similarities between A&M and Cleveland. You don't need to be Joe Montana at either place to be considered a success. 

-1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

This is from back in February, but:

“If something happens, and it’s the Cleveland Browns, I’m going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland,” Manziel said to reporters John McClain of the Chronicle and Charean Williams of the Star-Telegram. “I don’t care if they’ve had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I’m going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl.”

http://fansided.com/2014/02/14/johnny-manziel-says-lead-cleveland-browns...

He later mentions that he hopes to go to Dallas, but I think the idea of the Browns grew on him leading up to draft day.  He was probably pissed when the Browns didn't draft him at #4 but knew that the Browns would take him later if he was still on the board.  He wanted the opportunity to prove his own greatness by singlehandedly turning the Browns around and then he can take credit for it.  I am on the fence about whether I want him to succeed or not...

+2 HS
DaytonBuck1980's picture

Classic case of hating a guy when he plays for someone else and loving him when he's on your team. I couldn't stand this kid just 9 months ago. When he made the money sign against Rice, after his suspension, I wanted to slap him. I started to come around leading up to the draft and have totally jumped up the bandwagon since the browns took him. He may be a star and he may flame out but either way it'll be exciting as hell to watch. If any team is desperate for some excitement god knows its Cleveland. 

Still not giving a damn for the whole state of Michigan. 

+2 HS
Vinginia_Buckeye's picture

Couldn't have said it better myself Dayton. I think it's fitting that college football's biggest star come to the state where football was born and bring back one of the most storied football teams to prominence. Rooting for the kid 100%. Go Browns!

" I'm a Buckeye "

+1 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Reminds me of how everyone hated UFM at Florida..but now he is an immortal god in Columbus

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

The '07 nc had a lot to do with that. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Maybe just a little bit....

UFM_Renewal

lamplighter's picture

entertainment is for the casual fan.  I want them to win games.  Hope he does, but I have serious doubts his act will translate to the NFL. He won a lot of games, but so did McCoy

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

To come back to prominence one must first have at least visited prominence.

-2 HS
Crumb's picture

Jeremy Hill is gonna play for my Bengals and I still hate him....

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+2 HS
Dread's picture

No room for rational thought here. Please move along.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

He's probably a fan of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

+2 HS
buckeyecityterror's picture

Krayzie Bone tweeted at him after he got drafted.

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

BassDropper's picture

For those who have not seen the exact quote, "We're sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on TV, and Johnny and I are texting and he shoots me a text and he says, 'I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together,'" Loggains said, per The Plain Dealer."

#WreckThisLeague

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I really hope that we were the only team that Johnny sent that text to.........

BassDropper's picture

Apparently Loggains (who is 32 yrs old) and Johnny have built a relationship during the process, so I could see this being the case.

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I hope so but haters will twist it sideways

Athens BuckCat's picture

Hard to dislike a player that seems to legitimately want to play for Cleveland. Regardless of how this shakes out I'm excited that the Browns drafted him and I hope he's successful

+1 HS