Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Aaron Hernandez double homicide.

AngryWoody's picture
May 15, 2014 at 11:38am
10 Comments

Being tried for a double homicide in Boston in 2012:

By PAIGE SUTHERLAND

The Associated Press

BOSTON —

Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez, who already faces a murder charge in a man's shooting death last year, was indicted Thursday on new murder charges in an unrelated 2012 double slaying in Boston, police said.

The victims in that killing, Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, were shot to death as they sat in a car in Boston's South End on July 16, 2012. Police have said they were shot by someone who drove up alongside in an SUV with Rhode Island license plates and opened fire.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/aaron-hernandez-indicted-boston-double-sl...

Update: Found this witness testimony. Pretty powerful stuff:

According to an eyewitness, neither Abreu nor Furtado knew Hernandez. "They just came up and started firing for no reason at all," the alleged eyewitness said last year. "We never had any trouble. We were not those kind of people. We were just having fun. … Things happened so fast. I was trying to defend myself. They were shooting everywhere inside the car, front to back. They just came to kill. That's it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-hernandez-indict...

buckeyestu's picture

Does not look good for Hernandez, but, still innocent until proven guilty.

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

I always hated that line when it comes to the law.  Your guilty when you commit a crime.  Its up to the courts to bring out the truth. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

CincyOSU's picture

Yea, but with the proliferation of social media and the ability to access information so quickly, news outlets are often too quick to pass judgement for the sole purpose of page clicks.

Edit: I'm not talking specifically about this case...Duke lacrosse, Colin Kaepernick, etc come to mind.

+1 HS
actionstanleyjackson's picture

Adios Aaron...

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

dc28's picture

Wonder how long it will be before ESECPN decides Urban Meyer is to blame for this

+3 HS
livinthedream's picture
+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

How deep it all went....

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

We should just blame this guy for all the unsolved murders on the east coast since he was born.

LEBRON

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Aaron Hernandez guilty of cross country murder spree. He should have got tips from Landry on Friday Night Lights.

Seriously, what a turd! 

Seattle Linga's picture

And they have the audacity to say they wouldn't have taken Johnny Manziel because of his checkered past. 

+1 HS