Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

EDSBS Charity Drive is on

vidstudent's picture
May 12, 2014 at 11:47pm
3 Comments

So, in other blog news...okay, in news of other blogs....

Every Day Should Be Saturday, in case you do not have this URL memorized (forget bookmarked), is one of the funnier college football blogs around (especially when Florida is having rough times) and has an annual charity drive to help out immigrants and refugees in the Atlanta, GA area get on their feet after arriving in America.  The drive pits various college fanbases against each other, with recommended donations being favorite rivalry scores ($42.39, $42.41, etc.)  The drive information can be found here, and the donation form may be found here.

For further motivation, please understand that in its many years of existence, the winning college has been TSUN, and that's kinda embarrassing at this point.  This year's prize for the best fanbase - Spencer Hall comes out to the game of the winning school's choice, regardless of weather.  (There is also a prize should the grand total of all pledges reach $30,000, as yet to be determined.)

And, seriously, there are a number of scores worth mentioning to our friends up north.  :-)

BuckNKY's picture

Good post.  And thank you for linking to Spencer's write-up of OSU-UM.  One of my favorite of his, and not just because OSU.

BoFuquel's picture

A most excellent post. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

luckynutz's picture

In honor of woody, i wouldn't mind donating $50.14. Hell...may as well go with 51. Because in this instance I CAN go for three...