Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Bad Weather

hobochops987's picture
May 12, 2014 at 9:26pm
39 Comments

Dang up here in Akron tornadoes and funnel clouds and wind and hail and rain and thunder and lightning.

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Coldest year I've seen in my life. Confirms what many of us have long been suspecting: global warming/climate change/(whatever they rebrand this scheme as) is a HOAX.

-10 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Not only is it a big money grab. The government has a program in Alaska under the name Haarp that has been experimenting with changing weather patterns and sucking billions of tax payer dollars. Look it up.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-10 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

The government has a program in Alaska under the name Haarp that has been experimenting with changing weather patterns and sucking billions of tax payer dollars. Look it up.

You forgot about the mind control!

+10 HS

Funny because I didn't mention any of the mind control BS that surrounds the Haarp program. Im pissed at the tax dollars we are paying for something they "our government" refuses to fully explain. Obviously you were interested enough to look it up but weren't keen enough to remember my beef with said program. Its ok I'm use to dealing with sheeple everyday and most of them could give a fuck like you were their tax dollars are being wasted. Its  people like this that will continue to contribute to our great Country getting flushed down the toilet. "High Five"

-10 HS

It's an unclassified facility that invites scientists from around the world to do research. What exactly do you want to have 'fully' explained? All of the work being done there is available through open sources.

The government funded projects don't cost billions (let alone trillions) of dollars. The actual expenditures of the work being done there can be found as line items in the budget submitted by DARPA to the President each year...hint: it ain't billions (closer to $10M annually). Most of the research carried out was actually done by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.

Next time you wander off into wacko land, you might not want to direct it at someone employed by the company that built much of the facility and who spent a number of months there working on the contract. So how about we lose the fear mongering nonsense over a facility that hasn't even been operational for most of the past year?

+13 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Do your balls drag on the floor? Damn, impressive!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS

Unfortunately I knew this news was coming but it was made official yesterday.

Air Force prepares to dismantle HAARP ahead of summer shutdown

The U.S. Air Force gave official notice to Congress Wednesday that it intends to dismantle the $300 million High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program in Gakona this summer.

The shutdown of HAARP, a project created by the late Sen. Ted Stevens when he wielded great control over the U.S. defense budget, will start after a final research experiment takes place in mid-June, the Air Force said in a letter to Congress Tuesday.

The University of Alaska has expressed interest in taking over the research site, which is off the Tok Cutoff in an area where black spruce was cleared a quarter-century ago for the Air Force backscatter radar project that was never completed. But the school has not volunteered to pay $5 million a year to run HAARP.

William's picture

Good. Maybe instead of wasting money on communications/surveillance development, they can spend money on something that makes sense, like developing LFTRs, which we axed back in the 1960s for a myriad of stupid reasons.  

BassDropper's picture

Climate change is anything but a hoax.

DIRECTIONER

+7 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

No kidding... Because if it didn't change, it would be the same temperature (hopefully 72 degrees) all year round. 

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

You know you are referring to weather, not climate, right?

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+6 HS

Climate change is not a hoax and it is a naturally occurring thing. The Haarp program I referred to is sucking trillions of dollars of tax money out of U.S. tax payers pockets. Global Warming is a fucking scam and its already been proven that most of the big wigs are benefiting just off of the word. Wither or not Haarp is affecting weather patterns is irrelevant it is sucking so much money that could be used to benefit our society. There is a shit ton of top professors around the globe that are worried about the misuse of technology they are employing up there.  Instead of making short sentence claims to try to grab gf's why not debate the subject and learn a little useful information?

-10 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Did Colerain 2004 get the Ban hammer???

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

It appears so. 

I would refer to the commenting policy for this one...specifically 1, 2, 4, and 5....

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Yep... I figured this would happen after the Michael Sam thread got deleted.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

He was starting to slip in recent weeks, I figured it would take someone to poke the bear but this one just feels cheap, SLF barely nudged him...

+3 HS

It's because I don't give a flying sheeple were tax dollars are being flushed down the toilet something something something.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Sucks when facts get in the way of fantasy...

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

#LeBroning

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Nah I just checked on him. He is sleeping it off. You cant keep a nutt job like that away from his Buckeyes.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

The Rill Dill's picture

That is why they call it GLOBAL warming.

Seattle Linga's picture

Just one reason I love the weather in Seattle - honestly not trying to "rain" on anyone's parade and we do have a lot of precipitation however it's not nearly as much as what people see on TV and personally speaking I would rather see rain then snow. I have shoveled enough driveways to last a few lifetimes.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

we do have a lot of precipitation

You have mold growing on your roofs.  MOLD!  That is more than "a lot of precipitation" my friend. 

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That may be true - HAHA but at least we live near an active volcanic mountain in Mount Rainier that's supposed to blow any day now. So we got that going for us!

CALPOPPY's picture

So we got that going for us!

...which is nice.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

Just what you need, more stuff to block out the sun.  Although that may be a good thing, I'm sure you people probably burn very easily...

(I will admit that my wifes sister lives there and I have visited twice with her.  Once a decade is my limit, mainly because they are weird)

You think Seattle is weird? Try Portland. Great googly moogly!

BROSEPH's picture

I was in a Giant Eagle earlier in Akron and they put us in the dairy cooler for about 30 minutes because of the threat of tornadoes that were really close by.  It was cold as balls, and there was a Michigan fan stuck in the cooler with me.  It was the worst.

+3 HS
hodge's picture

Sounds like it was pretty chill.

+12 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

Yep, there goes Hodge trying to milk the joke.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

+2 HS
jedkat's picture

it's udderly ridiculous.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I work in insurance here in Ohio and, needless to say, I'm pretty busy this morning.

Also, a word of advice for people.... GET FLOOD INSURANCE. Or get the endorsement you need to have a backup of sewer and drain covered.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

I certainly hope you don't have people on hold as you post insurance advice for us...

+4 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Gotta have my priorities....

+5 HS
CALPOPPY's picture

It's OK, those are Michigan fans on hold.

I'm a hurtin' buckaroo.

BUCKfutter's picture

according to my uncle, who's a real whiz with volcanoes, A VOLCANO IS COMING THIS WAY

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

tennbuckeye19's picture

I'm glad when bad weather comes my way I can count on John John Mackey. When he sees a storm coming, he's all like, "What's up b#$%. Go make me a sandwich b%^&."

+5 HS