Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Chemistry

Drewbuckeye's picture
May 11, 2014 at 8:48pm
21 Comments

Hydroxide - Iodine Oxide !!

Baroclinicity's picture

Dihydrogen monoxide.

edit:  I get it by the way, and yes, it's clever.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+5 HS
BHT's picture

Hydrogen Hydroxide

Hydroxic acid

Sorry, I could not help it. Any names I am missing?

+1 HS
OSUPhilosopherAndHomer's picture

You named "iodine oxide" as if it were an ionic compound, but both of those atoms form anions (O^2- and I^-), and therefore an ionic compound could not be made. Haha #juniorchem #yesiamanerd

“This is America! And in America, if something sucks, you're supposed to be able to get your money back!”
-Stan

+3 HS
cinserious's picture

"We eat so many shrimp, I got eye-dine poney."

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

PittBuckeye's picture

If my junior chem teacher would have heard me say that he would have climbed his very short Chinese self up on a stool and slapped the crap out of me. Go study young buck.

Edit: he named it wrong for sure, but still, that's not good solid chemistry you just put out there.

+1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

If anyone ever had cindy Bronson for any of her EEOB classes, I can't tell you how much we heard this joke in class. O cindy. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+1 HS
BHT's picture

Clever! If only I could upvote you. #chemistry

+2 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture
+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I'm in AP chemistry right now preparing for my exam please don't bring up these foul things (I'm sure anyone who has taken that class would understand)

+2 HS
BHT's picture

I understand completely. I took the exam on the 5th. Be sure to pace yourself on the free response. I did not finish because they were longer the the CollegeBoard provided practice.

ITWASME's picture

I would have rather have taken it on the 5th lol but we the free response from your test and I honestly thought it wasn't that bad so hopefully the form B test is about the same

hit_the_couch's picture

Wait til the future and you get to O chem if you have to take it.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

ilovethebuckeyes's picture

are we talking about team chemistry here or chemistry in the bedroom?

O H I O

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Chemistry - oh yeah

SoCalBuck26's picture

Reminds me of this lol.  Pure genius.

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Very creative way to shout out OHIO, in all-caps no less. Yes, the chemistry is not necessarily correct, but as we see above chemistry has many definitions.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

You people, I'm the chemistry Nazi tonight apparently, but the chemistry is fine. The naming needs work, but the compound is all good.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Thus saith Manganese Buckeye.

Just say no to italics abuse.

Earle's picture

Doggone it, that's twice in two days.  There's a glitch in the Matrix, Neo.

Just say no to italics abuse.