Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Chemistry

Drewbuckeye's picture
May 11, 2014 at 8:48pm
21 Comments

Hydroxide - Iodine Oxide !!

Baroclinicity's picture

Dihydrogen monoxide.

edit:  I get it by the way, and yes, it's clever.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+5 HS
BHT's picture

Hydrogen Hydroxide

Hydroxic acid

Sorry, I could not help it. Any names I am missing?

+1 HS
OSUPhilosopherAndHomer's picture

You named "iodine oxide" as if it were an ionic compound, but both of those atoms form anions (O^2- and I^-), and therefore an ionic compound could not be made. Haha #juniorchem #yesiamanerd

“This is America! And in America, if something sucks, you're supposed to be able to get your money back!”
-Stan

+3 HS
cinserious's picture

"We eat so many shrimp, I got eye-dine poney."

Gone ham, be back soon...

PittBuckeye's picture

If my junior chem teacher would have heard me say that he would have climbed his very short Chinese self up on a stool and slapped the crap out of me. Go study young buck.

Edit: he named it wrong for sure, but still, that's not good solid chemistry you just put out there.

+1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

If anyone ever had cindy Bronson for any of her EEOB classes, I can't tell you how much we heard this joke in class. O cindy. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+1 HS
BHT's picture

Clever! If only I could upvote you. #chemistry

+2 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture
+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I'm in AP chemistry right now preparing for my exam please don't bring up these foul things (I'm sure anyone who has taken that class would understand)

+2 HS
BHT's picture

I understand completely. I took the exam on the 5th. Be sure to pace yourself on the free response. I did not finish because they were longer the the CollegeBoard provided practice.

ITWASME's picture

I would have rather have taken it on the 5th lol but we the free response from your test and I honestly thought it wasn't that bad so hopefully the form B test is about the same

hit_the_couch's picture

Wait til the future and you get to O chem if you have to take it.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

ilovethebuckeyes's picture

are we talking about team chemistry here or chemistry in the bedroom?

O H I O

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Chemistry - oh yeah

SoCalBuck26's picture

Reminds me of this lol.  Pure genius.

+4 HS
sivaDavis's picture

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Very creative way to shout out OHIO, in all-caps no less. Yes, the chemistry is not necessarily correct, but as we see above chemistry has many definitions.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

You people, I'm the chemistry Nazi tonight apparently, but the chemistry is fine. The naming needs work, but the compound is all good.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Thus saith Manganese Buckeye.

Italics are for emphasis.

Earle's picture

Doggone it, that's twice in two days.  There's a glitch in the Matrix, Neo.

Italics are for emphasis.