Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Best Receipt...

Remy's picture
May 1, 2014 at 4:34pm
11 Comments
Honoring Mitch Hedberg

...Ever. Says the guy with the Mitch Hedberg avatar.

The receipt above was given to customers
at a donut shop in Chicago. A quote from the Yahoo article:

An employee at a Chicago doughnut shop was recently "given the ability to control what gets printed on the receipts" and promptly did what any Mitch Hedberg fan would do: pay tribute to the late comedian's doughnut routine.

"This is the first thing I did," Jon Becker, a 27-year-old staffer at Stan's Donuts, wrote on Reddit, posting an image of a receipt's footer bearing the quote from Hedberg's standup set.

I miss Hedberg's delivery and style. Comic genius.

Remy's picture

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+5 HS
Remy's picture

14 minutes of Mitch's material (if embedded video above is not working).

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+4 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

That receipt is dry-clean only, which means it's dirty...

I saw Mitch perform in Nashville the year before he died and I have never laughed so hard in my life. 

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

Loved Mitch. He was my favorite active comedian up until his death.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Mitch Hedberg never had an expense account.

I can just imagine turning that receipt in to our accounting department.

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

RIP...

One of my favorite comedians.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

One of the best to ever do it.  An Escalator can't be broken.  Sorry broken stairs for your conveniences

+2 HS
SilverState's picture

Receipts are required for patrons like:

+2 HS
bedheadjc's picture

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/a-complete-ranking-of-almost-every-single-mitch-hedberg-joke

The best part of the above is you can just hear him doing them.

Miss him all the time.

+2 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Stan's donuts? Is this the same one in Chicago that was featured in the movie 'Wayne's World?'

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Hovenaut's picture

My boss brought in some doughnuts this a.m., had to come here and pay respects - Hedberg was indeed a comedic genius.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.