Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

First Post - Help me become a Buckeye?

0 HS
Heisenberg's picture
April 23, 2014 at 7:25pm
14 Comments

Hello fellow Buckeyes...I'm a long time 11W reader in search of some sound advice from the community. Figured this would be the perfect opportunity for my first post. I live right outside of Nashville in the heart of SEC country unfortunately (Air Force family that started in OH and ended up in TN) and am seriously looking into transferring to The Ohio State University to finish out my degree over the course of the next 2-3 years. I'm 100% sold on the idea of becoming a Buckeye, my potential major, and also getting back to my family's roots in Ohio. I'm very familiar with Columbus as we've been making family trips up to tOSU my entire life. One thing that is standing in my way right now is that I would have to live in the great state of Ohio for at least 12 months to establish residency and be able to pay in-state tuition. Out of state tuition would be extremely difficult for me to pull off at this point. The whole process looks more like a "when not if" situation right now but I would it be great to speed it up. My question for you Ohioans or anybody else who has faced a similar situation in the past...any loopholes that you have heard of to gain in-state tuition or establish residency in Ohio sooner rather than later? Much Appreciated.

GO BUCKS!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments