Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Game of thrones s4 E2

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture
April 13, 2014 at 9:00pm
47 Comments

Westeros are ya with me? I suspect tonight Jamie and Therion team up and start becoming a tag team.

ohst8buxCP's picture

Well that was pretty messed up.....

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

It felt just like watching Auburn run back Alabama's field goal!

+2 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

To you show only folks, I won't ruin anything I promise...

Tonight's 'demise' won't even be this season's most satisfying. Baleedat!

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

-5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I absolutely hate people like you.... You're basically saying:

"I won't spoil anything for you, but another character that everyone hates is going to die in this season."

You realize that there is only so many characters that can be in reference to, right? Like, to me, there are really only 2 or 3 characters that I would be satisfied with them dying. Now obviously I know there are probably going to be more deaths this season, but now I know that there is one that is more "satisfying" than the one last night.

That is a huge spoiler if you have half a brain.

/rant

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS

That's not at all what I said. I'm sure I'm not ruining anything by saying someone else in Game of Thrones is going to die. As far as satisfaction, that could mean any number of things. Maybe it means a little more than just someone you don't like being killed off. Maybe it has to do with said person's (or people's) importance in the whole scheme. Maybe its someone useless who gets too much press, maybe its someone who is being awfully acted. I'm simply saying that if you enjoyed Joff's demise, you'll enjoy some more. Relax. Lets assume I'm talking about one of the two or three people you think it is. I didn't (and won't) reveal who it is.

Again, I offer-How can something that has already happened be ruined?

-3 HS
dan_isaacs's picture

Yeah, there are more than a few people whose death would delight us.  

1. Cersei
  2. Ramsey Snow
  3. Melisandra
  4. All of the Thenn
  5. Tywin Lannister
  6. Lord Bolton

I would cherish any and all of their heads on a platter.

Dan Isaacs

jeremytwoface's picture

I'm not sure most people would think that Melisandra dying would be on par with Joffrey. Same with the Thenn.

Really, the only people that come even close IMO are Cersei, Ramsay and Tywin.... Maybe Lord Bolton. But he was acting partly on behalf of the Lannisters and Tywin. So to me it's only those 4 that would match Joffrey. And I feel like a lot of other fans feel the same way. So my guess is it's probably one of those...

So when you say that Joffrey's death "won't even be this season's most satisfying", it really narrows it down so, in turn, kind of spoils it for me. I actually already knew that Joffrey was going to die because of a very similar situation with my wife... I didn't know when, how, where or by whom he was going to die, but I knew it was going to happen. And last night's episode was full of foreshadowing if you knew he was eventually going to die.... Like they made him seem like even more of a jerk the whole episode... 

It reminds me of Ohio State vs. Purdue from a couple years ago... Where Ohio State came back to tie it and force overtime and then won. We were watching the game after it had aired and my wife and sister already knew the outcome (and I knew that they knew). I got frustrated after Kenny G's late interception and walked out of the room where the game was on and into the one where my wife and sister were. My wife asked what was wrong and I said something along the lines of "They just threw an interception... I give up". She then said "Don't give up! You need to keep watching!!"

See, because I knew that she already knew the outcome, and because she told me I need to keep watching after I said that I had given up, I KNEW what was going to happen. I didn't know how, but it became apparent late in the game when they were down 8 and got the ball back with less than a minute to go. I knew they would go down and score. I knew they would then score the 2 point conversion. And I knew they would end up winning in OT. So it wasn't exciting for me. When they scored the 2 point conversion, everyone jumped out of their seats and went crazy... All I could do is just sit there and not enjoy it.

Also, when you say "How can something that has already happened be ruined?", that's the exact definition of a spoiler lol. How can something be spoiled (in this usage of the word... not spoiled milk) if it hasn't happened yet? Yes the books have been out for a long time, but that doesn't mean that the people who haven't read them but enjoy the TV show have to be spoiled.

DJ Byrnes's picture

The book this season is based on was published in 2000.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

jeremytwoface's picture

Yes and The Lord of the Rings books were published in the 50s and The Hobbit in the 30s....

That doesn't mean that people paying to see those movies in theaters want to get spoiled by people who have read the books

It doesn't make a difference to me whether the material has been out for a day or 70 years. 

+1 HS

Bingo. If there were no books and I saw the show yesterday and told you the results of it today-that is a spoiler. If I hint that someone else might die (while giving no hints as of who it is) in a story that is older than Facebook, you're just getting bent to get bent so go get bent.

Its not like I said Arya kills Cersei at Joff's funeral or that Little Finger marries Sansa and gets Winterfell back.

I'm not telling you that Tywin executes Tyrion for Joff's murder without any trial leading to Frey's, Martells, and Tyrell's to forsake their vows\alliances\marriages thus leading to the eventual weakening of the Iron throne allowing Dany and Stannis to ultimately battle their dragons (oh yeah, Stannis gets dragons too) for the fate of Westeros.

I didn't say any of that.

PS-None of those things happen. Or so some? Or all? Hmmmm

jrich612's picture

Walder Frey? The north will never forget. 

iBuckeye's picture

This is Game of Thrones we are talking about. If him saying that is what spoiled to you the fact that someone else important will eventually die in this series, then you haven't been paying attention.

jeremytwoface's picture

"Someone else important will eventually die" and "Tonight's demise won't even be this season's most satisfying" are definitely two different things...

But that's not really the point.. I just don't like when people say "I'm not going to ruin anything for you BUT.......

It just annoys me a bit lol. People think they aren't spoiling anything but they really are.

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Today is my birthday and that was a great way to end it. I've hated Joffrey since the show started. 

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Wow! Great suspense. Great episode.

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

Called that death this episode just not in that way

+1 HS
Statutoryglory's picture

Called it too.  Can't mess with a Melissandra curse.

+1 HS
brunstar's picture

In the book Littlefinger hires some midget pig jousters to set a drunk Joeffery off on Tyrion.  I liked the midget battle royal just as much.  The choking death should've been much more gruesome though.  Like nail marks on his throat from trying to breathe gruesome.

+1 HS

Serious story...While watching the episode I put my shoes on and told my wife Im walking down to the bar to pound anyone that closely resembles Joffrey...Only to watch him choke and die as I was tying my shoes. Never wanted to see a character eradicated more then the young dumb king. And for those that think because you have read the books and know whats going to happen it would be quite the bitch move to drop a spoiler for us folks that don't have the time to invest in the books or don't really give a shit. We get it people know whats about to happen,you are not fucking Nostradamus ok? Don't ruin good TV for people ,trying to act cool.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS

You were seriously going to find a stranger who looked like a fictional television and literary character and beat them up? Don't worry, I won't ruin the story you are watching that has been out for 15 years now. I promise. Of course, one would argue with the notion that you can't ruin something that has already happened but what do I know?

And if we are being technical, Nostradamus made predictions about things he thought might happen, anyone who read the books would be talking about facts and relaying things that are known to have happened.

-3 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I feel like you're being down voted solely cause you read a book. Its not like you actually said anything revealing. There are so many people I want to see die, that it doesn't even matter. But alas, I have read the books and I know the answers. And I would recommend everyone read them because they are far more gruesome and twisted than HBO can show.

All those sex scenes with Drogo and Dany? Well, in the book, she's 13. Was that a spoiler?

Hah I was quite intoxicated but of course I wasn't being serious. I thought Ive heard that the TV show doesn't match up exactly to the books. I have no clue if that is true or not.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

ab1993's picture

you were intoxicated at 3;30 am on a monday? what the fuck

Class of '16

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

I'm hooked on TURN, I love Revolutionary era time pieces.

#N.O.T.B.

-1 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

I felt like he got off lightly.

Also, it seems Ramsey Snow is more than qualified to fill the void left by Joffrey's absence.

+1 HS
dan_isaacs's picture

Yeah, how Theon didn't pull the trigger, I'll never know.

Dan Isaacs

stevebelliseeya's picture

He didn't have the balls.  (I'll be here all night...)

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+3 HS
ITWASME's picture

I said the exact same thing while watching it

Furious George 27's picture

Theon will get his revenge at a critical moment.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

-1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Lame... Spoiler warning man.

stevebelliseeya's picture

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+2 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

And so begins Tyrion's and Cersei's descent into madness. 

RIP King Joffrey. You were a TV villain for the ages (as evidenced by everyone, myself included, cheering on the poisoning death of a tween.)

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

bleedscarlet's picture

When or if Cersei dies, I hope it's the remaining Stark wolves that get her.... would be a fitting end for her ;)

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

BUCKfutter's picture

i've always gotten a kick out of people reading a message board about a show and then complaining about spoilers

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+3 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I would upvote you if I could. Twice for the comedic genius that is your name.

+2 HS
Nappy's picture

Seriously

Oh hey, here's a thread about a show I like but it references an episode I haven't seen.  I'll just click right here and OH GOD DAMN IT!

Fan of bacon since 1981

jeremytwoface's picture

The only thing I'm complaining about is vague references to what is going to happen in the future...

+2 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Who's head was sewn onto Robb Stark? Was it Grey Wind? Watched Sansa talk about it a couple times now but I can't make out who's she said....

+1 HS
d5k's picture

Yes, his wolf.

bleedscarlet's picture

thx

Easily my least favorite difference between book and show. In the books, the wolf dies a much more glorious death. He was let loose from his kennel in the wedding and ripped 6 or 7 Freys to pieces before he was put down. Grey Wind got the shaft in the show-getting put down like that. Trapped like a rat. That wolf went down swinging in the books.

+1 HS
ohhiyo's picture

When i watched this it made it bearable to see past King Joffrey, he's actually very intelligent. Watch this to help get over the hate

Hands down, my favorite part of GoT fans is the love affair with the Starks. Their positioning early in the books and the show leads to a natural assumption that they (and as a result, Ned) were the main characters\focus. Hence the outcry and outrage when Robb got what he ultimately had coming to him (win the battles, lose the war). The Red Wedding was actually a pretty minor event that occurred to a pretty minor character in Robb. In the show, he got so much pub and fanfare so his death was met with some real shock and awe. People hate the Lannisters because they like the Starks (the ones that remain). In reality, what makes the books SO good is that no one is ever as bad as they seem or as good as they seem. In my opinion, the only two 'extremes' are Ned and Cersei, both residing on opposite sides of the Just\Unjust spectrum. Everyone else falls somewhere in the middle.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Just watched this episode....so glad Joffrey FINALLY got what was coming to him.  What a bag of dicks his character was.  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

jedkat's picture

SPOILER:

Winter is Coming

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren