Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

stevebelliseeya's picture

Well, his last post was a goodbye post...so who knows.

Never had any problem with the guy, seemed to like to stir up a little trouble, but he seemed harmless.

"We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion." - Tool

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Never know what some peoples outlet may be. 11 warriors was his. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

I just wanted to take this time to address this situation. Something I feel needs to get off of my chest. I am not a troll….ok, even I have a hard time believing that - what I mean is, I’m not trying to troll this board. I love 11w. 11w’s is the best thing to happen to Ohio State fans like us who live, eat and breath Ohio State football. So before I go any further I would like to publicly apologize to Jason and the rest of the staff if I have ever done anything to offend you or the site. 

This whole thing began when I made a harmless post saying “Raekwon isn’t going to be a Buckeye.” This was a response to a thread about McMillan and Alabama who seemed to be making a final push. One of the posters then attacked me for trying to pass my opinion off as a fact, which I wasn’t intending to do. So I entertained this troll and we continued to troll each other for about a week before he was down voted to the point he could no longer post. Ever since then I have been getting down voted on almost every single post I make. Look, I don’t care about the down votes…I really don’t, but when I am getting down voted  constantly for no reason it passes off the idea that I am trolling. So, about 2 months ago (and about 2 months after getting down voted on every post) I decided what the hell. I’m gonna get called a troll no matter what I post so I might as well live up to the moniker. 90% of my post for the past couple of months have been true and no trolling. 

One last thing I want to address. One Direction. Some of you may not understand my love for this modern day man band, but please understand that it is genuine. Are they my ‘favorite’ musical act…no, but they are definitely in my top 5 right now. I didn't expect the “Story of my Life” thread to get that much attention…I just love the song (loved, it’s grown old on me now from listening to it so much) I only changed my avi because I know it pisses people off that a grown man can love One Direction. 

With all of that being said, I am retiring from this board; However, I am not retiring from this website. I will continue to be a daily reader of the skull sessions and other content posted by the staff. With that being said, GO BUCKS!

Bassdropper

DIRECTIONER

+30 HS
gm3jones's picture

Sorry to hear that, BD. So are you getting banned or what? Why not just change your screenname (and avatar lmao just kidding man)?

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

-1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

no he isn't getting banned! He's just a quitter!

QUITTER!!!!

but seriously, I wouldn't fret about this. I will be stunned if he never utters another word on here again. As Bassdropper or anyone else.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+6 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

With all of that being said, I am retiring from this board;

Why?

+1 HS
sharks's picture

IThis is my first login in weeks, although I check in daily for news. You're right bass, there is some douche that follows you around downvoting your posts- I used to uv you just to counter. The serial downvoter needs to reexamine his priorities in life.

Also, your Kentucky trolling is the most I've laughed on this site.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+9 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

sometimes BD would call in the airstrikes on himself.  lets call a spade a spade.

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

+7 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

What I remember most about Bassdropper is that upon learning that I started watching Breaking Bad (because of this site's reviews) he promptly told me the ending even though I was only in Season 2.  (sad face).  But I never DV ya.  Appreciate your updates on Buckeyes in the NBA.

He will me missed

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

A down vote? That's a big enough thing to kill someone over. To ruin one of the  best TV series ever not even mid way through. You have a lot of restraint my friend.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
he promptly told me the ending even though I was only in Season 2.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Oh, Bass. Take a few deep breaths and come back when you're ready. I actually liked most of your posts. Don't let people that you've never met on a message board keep you from contributing. That said, if commenting actually makes your time on the site less enjoyable, than maybe this is the right answer. Peace.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Sheesh...

I really haven't been active enough on here.

I'm missing everything.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

BassDropper's picture

Thanks for the up votes you guys!!! I had to find a way to get some of them back

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS

And you're about to lose them all. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS

i speak for some of us when I say you are a douchenozzle.

www.septemberheisman.com

-3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I speak for all of us when I say Michigan sucks and you shouldn't have that word in your user name.

+5 HS
BassDropper's picture

or that gay avi...

DIRECTIONER

-8 HS

Bass, really...I thought you left.  you are just another attention hound.

your shit is old.

www.septemberheisman.com

+1 HS

Bit ironic you calling someones avatar gay don't ya think?

+7 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

you guys have a really hard time understanding sarcasm and irony.

DIRECTIONER

-5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Ditto to you with my "BURN" gif....

BassDropper's picture

Wasn't directed at you. More so the Michigan man who made this comment.   

Bass, really...I thought you left.  you are just another attention hound.

your shit is old.

That was made after I made the "gay avi" joke. 

I have a question. Is there a school that teaches sarcasm? It must be a foreign language to most of you, or at least the ones who think I am trolling.

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Is there a school that teaches sarcasm? It must be a foreign language to most of you, or at least the ones who think I am trolling.

According to Oyster, you have to use three dots (...) in order to convey sarcasm.

I usually go with the italics. You can't go wrong with italics. 

BassDropper's picture

According to Oyster, you have to use three dots (...) in order to convey sarcasm.

The funny thing is, I did use the 3 (...) on the avi post....but I don't use italics or any other indicators, because quite frankly, if you can't tell if a post is sarcasm or meant to be funny then that is your loss. 

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

I agree...Michigan sucks.  I upvoted you for that

www.septemberheisman.com

Buckeyeneer's picture

Glad you're back, but that was really fast. Now Steensn, . . . there's a guy who knows how to disappear.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

seriously, it was a ploy to get uv's. I don't care about the up votes really, I just wanted all of the people who have been dving me to send me some uvs.

DIRECTIONER

-6 HS
You don't care about upvotes, but you wanted upvotes? 

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

are you having a hard time understanding what is going on? You spend your whole life on this message board, you should at least know what is going on.

DIRECTIONER

-8 HS

Apparently I have a stalker since you seem to know what I spend my life doing....

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

coming from the guy who always seems to be one of the first people to comment on my posts.

DIRECTIONER

-7 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

OH MAN!! IT'S ON NOW!!!!

+3 HS
coming from the guy who always seems to be one of the first people to comment on my posts.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

can you refrain from commenting on my posts and directly replying to me? Seriously, I'm starting to get creeped out.

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS

You clearly have issues.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

lol...I guess not re: my last comment

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS

It was just a ploy so you are saying you are also Route4Buckeye ? that would make more sense I guess....=/

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

yes. I am Route4Buckeye(...)

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

and no.I made a "retirement" post before the one at the top of this page, but it only got like 1 up vote. I saw a thread created about me and found the perfect platform. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Focus less on drawing attention to yourself and more to adding content to the subject, and the UVs will rain down. You're an intelligent guy. Use it. Welcome back, whichever "direction" you take it. 

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well said Knar and BD - I understand your opinion is your opinion but don't make it always appear to be gospel. 

Just saying............

1967Buck's picture

Peace BD, and I wish you well. Go Bucks.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

What, no more boner threads?

+6 HS
OSUnathen's picture

He almost got my sympathy until he had to drop a One Direction plug. WTF! 

+13 HS
FitzBuck's picture

Totally agree.  If my church band plays that one more time I might go crazy.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
jedkat's picture

which direction did he go?

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+9 HS
gm3jones's picture

this way------------------------------------> or maybe this way <------------------------------------------------------ crap, I dont know

+6 HS
Bluke221's picture

It's one or the other. He can only go in One Direction.

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+12 HS
route4buckeye's picture

This situation has gotten really Harry. It's inZANE how much buzz this topic is getting. At least he went out in Styles.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture
Why is this even a topic? 

+20 HS
AndyVance's picture

In this case, of course, he didn't make a thread announcing it... someone else did.

+7 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I guess the bass has officially been dropped...

Well, if nothing else BD certainly was entertaining. The master troll move he pulled on the Kentucky fan base over the Glenville trio was nothing short of awesome.

In short, I'll miss the guy. 

+15 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

hear hear

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

I was not a member then, what did he do?

Mac..yeah

route4buckeye's picture

Acted like an insider and went to the UK Scout board and said that the Glenville Trio was going to UK. They bought it lol.

+13 HS
FitzBuck's picture

It got so much traction people on other sites were using it as a source.  

It really took off to the point some people didn't know what to believe.  Bass made it very clear on this site he started it to see what would happen.  

I don't like trolling or posting BS but it was interesting to watch it evolve and the reactions grown men had to a rumor about three HS kids.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

...bass has officially been dropped

Pump up that bass! Pump up that bass! Pump it up!

+1 HS
tracyre's picture

HILARIOUS.  BEST.  EVER. 

Go1Bucks's picture

Someone out there does DV occassionally.  But, who cares?  Don't respond for a day or two and that person will get tired  of waiting.  I am sure it has happened to all of us at one time or another.  It will continue to happen as some members are kids and do kid things.  Life aint a bunch of stickers and were still here to discuss the merits of a topic for those of who love everything Buckeye.

...as for the One Direction sheit, ya gotta work on your musical taste there Buckeye Bro.

Peace and RIP

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I never took him as a troll, but he was certainly an edgy poster that seemed to have an affinity toward the "shock value" comment.

And all this time, I thought the One Direction thing was part of this.  He's truly a fan.  I think I'll retire from 11W now.

+10 HS

Some how I get the feeling he is in this thread commenting about himself. Could be wrong but this whole thread and situation is kind of weird.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

This whole thread and situation is kind of weird.

Nah, something... er, unique... like this happens at least once an offseason.

+2 HS
Bolt's picture

The Timmons war and Bucksfan changing his icon most notably.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Two of my favorites, for sure.

9Route's announcement thread has to be top 3.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Uncle 9Route should be pretty high up the 11W Hall of Fame, if you ask me.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

9er is special. He'll pop in from time to time to see how things are going.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

Squirrel Master's picture

With all of that being said, I am retiring from this board; However, I am not retiring from this website. I will continue to be a daily reader of the skull sessions and other content posted by the staff.

Yeah right! who wants to start taking bets for how long before he is back? 1 week, 1 month....1 hour!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
gm3jones's picture

Lol. But Whats to say he doesnt have another account he uses?

+2 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

This is Bassdropper currently on 11W

+14 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Well done, Calgary...well done.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Bassdropper. If you are reading this, wherever Direction the wind might take you, I hope you find your happiness. I'll always appreciate the Glenville/Kentucky rumor and I'll gladly take 2 DV's to every 1 that you receive. Just like wait til I get past the 2K sticker mark because I've been striving for that for a while and I truly wanna buy Hodge and Hov a drink in the lounge, even though I'll probably be a cheap bastard and put it on Birm's tab. Anyway, I hated you some days and loved you the next. You were always worth a "god dammit Bass" or two and for that I thank you. Sometimes we need a little confusion or bullshit in our lives to appreciate all the good. You did catch a bad rap but any man that's truly a fan of our Buckeyes is good in my book, no matter what. Live long and prosper BD.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I heard my name, drink and lounge.

And someone else's tab...

Echo the sentiments Siva, from the round o' drinks to the immortal BD.

+6 HS
Barnsey69's picture

If you are going to post here it makes sense to be legit, because there is a lot of knowledge here between the staff and many of the frequent posters. I thought the UK thing was pretty funny, and he (Bassdropper) did not deserve to be down-voted mercilessly, and seemingly for nothing other than posting. That being said, the best way to kill a troll is ignore him/her, so by engaging (which Bass did) he invited escalation. Couple that with the One Direction admission and you get instant smack down. His choice on both counts.

Eleven Warriors is a special place, much different than the premium boards, and for people who really care about The Ohio State University's athletic programs. Here it is definitely better to only discuss OSU, a smattering of other sports related topics, and leave the Instagram/Twitter/FB/insert other annoying social media forum, for people who like to hide behind the cyber curtain and hurl stones.

*smashes soap box with sledge-hammer*

What the hell am I doing??

Go Bucks!

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
gm3jones's picture

Good points about ignoring trolls, but what the helll does it matter what band or music he likes? That what made me the most confused about all this.

+4 HS
Barnsey69's picture

It doesn't matter, but if you're going to make it known that you have a legitimate love for a boy-band on what would be considered a "sports site", that undoubtedly has any number of grown men reading the posts...you're probably going to get razzed. It was a contributing factor is all I'm saying, right or wrong.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+2 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

If he keeps reading the daily skull sessions & especially  Ramzy's masterpieces, he'll be back commenting in no time.

+4 HS
bodast67's picture

RIP Mickey Rooney

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+11 HS

:(

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Goodbye Bass....

LEBRON

+15 HS
AkronBuckeye13's picture

You should have an hour long Sportscenter special about how you're leaving the site, a current Miami Heat player could give you some good advice on how to produce it.

In all seriousness though, you've provided some great entertainment BD.

+4 HS
otrain2416's picture

Dude there is seriously nothing interesting going on if we have to resort to making threads like this. I appreciate Bassdropper and his comments. Like most everyone I agree with some and disagree with some he makes, but that shouldn't matter because at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinion and a good majority of us are all here supporting our boys in scarlet and gray. 

+2 HS

Somebody wants to feel loved,and they need to see it in writing to consummate it.

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Would anyone make a thread about me leaving?

+1 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

I did once, then made another one when I came back.  

+1 HS
EDUGOON's picture

RIP BassDropper!!!  Gone but never forgotten!!!  "He Gone" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+2 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

And everyone gave a collective "IT'S 6:24 PM AND m*CH*GAN STILL SUCKS!"

it's going to be a killer rest of the offseason...sheesh

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS

oh, f'ing stop it now.  BD will be back with more troll BS....

• "is Urban going to get fired soon for not recruiting well enough"
  • "Is MSU going to start a new Glenville pipeline?"
  • "Is One Direction going to perform a sold out show at the Schott"

I am sure you are a great guy, but maybe you do need to take a break from 11W and come back without the stupid trolling BS...

www.septemberheisman.com

+1 HS

and why the hell do you care about the down votes?  really, are you collecting the up votes to buy something special?

www.septemberheisman.com

+5 HS

I know I am.

+8 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Dear Bassdropper,

I seriously will miss you. If it makes you feel any better I would do the "I got yo back" upvote to cancel out your downvotes whenever you posted because that downvoting stuff isn't cool. Goodbye my sweet Bassdropper. Remember, through it all I always loved you.

P.S. You just got two reaction gifs in one post which is about the biggest honor the internet can bestow. Don't take this for granted, dear friend. I know I don't.

Love always,

AW

Our Honor Defend!

+7 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

This thread is not going to end well.... I can tell right now.

LEBRON

+4 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

BD's comments were usually worth a chuckle and the Kentucky trolling was legendary. Hope you're reading this Bass, it's a thread full of love for you :) you're welcome back anytime in my book.

Football is complicated...

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Who will take BassDropper's place?  

This place needs/loves a BassDropper. 

buckguyfan1's picture

Shit, didn't mean to triple click that son of a bitch!

FitzBuck's picture

You can't triple stamp a double stamp!

+2 HS
FitzBuck's picture

You can't triple stamp a double stamp!

buckguyfan1's picture

buckguyfan1's picture

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Bassdropper? hmmm isn't that the guy who got banned for having the One Direction photo for his avatar. Seems fair :)

BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT BASS!!

+1 HS
Drewbuckeye's picture

Bassdropper I will never forget you. From when we first met at the 1D concert and we started chatting and I told you about the site, to your great inside information. stay fye.

deuces.

F--- Michigan!

+7 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Now that kind funny... Considering the source. 

+1 HS
southbay's picture

Hope you change your mind.  We're stronger with you than without you!

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

Something about loving one direction makes all of this laugh-out-loud funny to me. I can't place my finger on it, this whole thread is so strange.

+3 HS
BeijingBucks's picture

who is bass dropper?

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

BD - I hope you answer me - other than OD what other bands do you follow?

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Seeing as I'm fairly new to the site, anyone got a link to this Kentucky trolling? 

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

Poison nuts's picture

The Dark Knight Falls.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

Watch the whole scene...HEHEHHEHHE so devilish....Make sure to have your sound on^

-2 HS

That's a true bass dropper or holder shall  I say^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-1 HS
BuckFly's picture

Manti Te'o called, he is trying to get a hold of Bassdropper. 

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

We all have our vices, I didn't mind having Bassdropper around. At least he never started a fire fickell thread.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+2 HS
tracyre's picture

This thread is so damn funny.  I'm not on here enough but what a community you guys have.  So fun to read all this stuff.  Bass is a clearly a headcase.  But a loved one.  good or bad everyone likes a little drama.  

Bravo to all of you! 

And FWIW...Bass ain't going ANYWHERE after this thread.  trust. 

Go Bucks! 

CincyOSU's picture

This is quickly turning into another "BUCKSFAN changing icon" type of threads...

Borrowed Time's picture

I only wish there were more funny gifs here

-1 HS
Zimmy07's picture

One last thing I want to address. One Direction. Some of you may not understand my love for this modern day man band, but please understand that it is genuine. Are they my ‘favorite’ musical act…no, but they are definitely in my top 5 right now. I didn't expect the “Story of my Life” thread to get that much attention…I just love the song (loved, it’s grown old on me now from listening to it so much) I only changed my avi because I know it pisses people off that a grown man can love One Direction.

I about spit diet coke on my monitor from reading that.  I don't even think I've even heard a single One Direction song either.

I hope BD is joking about retirement.