Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Jimmy Fallon is killing it

MacG91's picture
February 20, 2014 at 6:39pm
27 Comments

Not sports but a good laugh. 

Deadly Nuts's picture

This is a moment where I wish the thread upvote button was still around.

Fuck m*ch*gan! That is all.

+6 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile! Jimmy Fallon is terrific - he's hilarious, and is a genuinely good dude. I'm so happy the Tonight Show is pretty much the exact same as his Late Night show...

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

Damn good stuff.  Thanks for the share.  Post in here so we can upvote.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

Yes Jimmy Fallon is a comedic genius, tomorrow night he has Justin Timberlake on I think. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

His evolution of hip hop dancing was epic.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So funny thanks for posting Mac G

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

He has his moments, but I've never been a huge fan.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Jimmy Fallon seems like a nice enough guy, but he's kind of awkward. Letterman is a bitter creep.

The best was Johnny Carson, but I'd prefer Leno still over Fallon.

QB option: ride & decide.

+1 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Give Fallon a chance.  The great thing about him is not only his talents (impressions, musician, etc...) but his ability to get other celebs out of their comfort zones. All the different games and sketches he does with his guests really show just how talented some of these celebs/actors/musicians can be. 

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+3 HS
JACKTATUMSFOREARM's picture

Judging by his guests & content Jimmy Fallon's show is not one I'll be tuning into.  He was better at his old time slot. (so far)

-1 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

Jay Leno is even less of a man than he is funny, and that's saying something, because he is not funny.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Leno turned me off when his ego got too big when demanded (like a 2 year old) his spot back after his 10:00 pm experiment didn't work out. Conan got the shaft and then was funnier than Leno and now he has the last laugh. 

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Conan was paid 45 million dollars to go away. I have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

It's funny how people don't rag Conan when he kicked Lopez out of his time slot.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS

How is he "even less of a man"? What do you have against Leno? That is unwarranted.

+4 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

See: Conan O'Brien situation

See: His stolen jokes

See: People in his industry's opinion of him (Conan, Letterman, Kimmel, etc. etc.)

-3 HS
BassDropper's picture

So you don't like the guy because Conan, Letterman and Kimmel don't like him. Says all I need to know about you.

DIRECTIONER

JakeBuckeye's picture

That was actually the third reason I listed. Other peoples' opinion of somebody shouldn't be a sole reason you dislike somebody, but it can be a complimentary sign (if you have other evidence) that they aren't the best guy.

But hey man, you're right. My taste in late night television talk show hosts is all you need to know about me. That's what defines me.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Pretty damn original. Good stuff. 

+1 HS
Stellar's picture

I'm pretty sure that somebody in his editing room deserves far more credit for that than Jimmy Fallon does. 

Also I didn't realize that anybody under the age of 45 actually watches The Tonight Show.  Colbert and the Daily Show all the way!

+4 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

DVR.  But yes, I prefer The Daily Show and Colbert Report.  If I had money to waste, I would bid on the microwave.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
dc28's picture

One of his Fallon's best skits was on Saturday Night Live with Janet Jackson. It was the Cork Soakers episode. I still watch it from time to time.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

I've always been a fan of Fallon. The guy is hilarious. I didn't have a problem with Leno, but Fallon is putting the Jay Leno Tonight Show to shame. The thing I like about Fallon is he puts his SNL background to use and does skits with his guest. Here's a few clips of bits that Fallon has done this week that I really enjoyed.

I have never been one to religiously watch late night tv, but as long as Fallon is hosting the Tonight Show I probably won't be missing many episodes

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS

I'm interested in Late Night with Seth Meyers.  His standup is pretty good, and he was great as a writer for SNL.  Should be interesting.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Fallon is fantastic. Been watching him since he started Late Night.

+2 HS

Most of these late night hosts are typical media cowards.

I think Fallon's week 1 guest list was turrible, btw.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I didn't know that Charles Barkley/Frank Caliendo appeared on his show.

Just curious what you mean by "typical media coward".