Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Kickstarter: Disappointing Moments in Cleveland Sports Coloring Book

thatlillefty's picture
February 20, 2014 at 11:32am
17 Comments

For those not familiar, Kickstarter is a website to raise funds for various projects. This one is pretty amusing and I figured it might give our Cleveland brethren a laugh.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1254956201/disappointing-moments-in...

Check out the link but here is a brief description of the effort:

"This project is not about reopening old Cleveland wounds. I'll leave that to the national sports media. This is about having a laugh at the sheer lunacy of what we have "witnessed" over the years. We know we have to laugh sometimes to avoid losing our minds.

It's also about sharing the history with our children so they can appreciate why we cheer the way [we] do, and more often, hang our heads in disbelief. At the very least, it is a great way for them to learn about Murphy's Law."

Earle's picture

In Cleveland, we believe in traumatizing our children early on.  It just makes things easier on down the line.

Italics are for emphasis; an ellipsis represents an unfinished thought.

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

So Earle, when you were going on and on a few weeks ago about the book you were writing, I honestly was expecting more of a REAL book.

Just sayin...

Earle's picture

The concept is still evolving, but the current plan is for it to be a tome about internet marketing and athletic eligibility.

Italics are for emphasis; an ellipsis represents an unfinished thought.

Oyster's picture

I know two business models for you to avoid.

Will there be interactive pictures in this one too?

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

This could be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Bolt's picture

My new favorite thing of all time ever today.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Cleveland sports fans are a sadistic bunch

Whoa Nellie's picture

Masochistic.

The masochist says "Beat me.  Beat me."

The sadist says "I won't."

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

My thesaurus lists malice, cruelty, masochism and sadomasochism as synonyms for sadism.  Yep - I'm that guy.

Whoa Nellie's picture

Thanks for the lesson.  And, here I thought it depended on which end of the whip you like it.  Ew!

Guess the Marquis went both ways.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I think you were right originally.

The masochist likes being inflicted with pain.  The sadist likes inflicting pain upon people.  The sadomasochist likes inflicting pain upon himself.

All three are synonymous with Cleveland sports fans.

vitaminB's picture

I see Jonah Hill got fat again.

Whoa Nellie's picture

Coloring book NOT on sale now in the team shop at the Factory of Sadness.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

We laugh so we don't cry

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Oyster's picture

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call it a Coloring Tome?

MacG91's picture

Cleveland fans have to be the most loyal fan base in all of America, its amazing the constant disappointment they have to deal with. 

Mac..yeah